Author Topic: Spring Newsletter write up-NEED YOUR HELP!  (Read 610 times)

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Spring Newsletter write up-NEED YOUR HELP!
« on: January 06, 2017, 05:12:09 PM »
Hey y'all! Interested in helping me write about women's involvement in disc golf in KC? I need some help from women AND men!! (Please men! We need your participation here!!)

Many of you know I adopted the KCFDC newsletter when I became a Board member at the end of December 2014. I have decided to continue with this role despite the fact that my tenure is up. I'm working on an idea for the Spring newsletter, which should come out perhaps a couple of months before the Third Annual KC Diva Spring Feeva (woohoo!). It's an article focusing on women's involvement and contributions to the Kansas City disc golf scene. The idea is not fully formed at this time but I have some ideas of the direction I want it to go. I would like to focus briefly on the history of women in the sport in KC leading into the history of Girls Night Out and the KC Disc Golf Divas as well as where we are at currently. We all know there's been a huge uptick in the formal involvement of women in our local community, so why not write about it?!

Here's where you come in:
In the article, I would like to feature a brief write up of 5-10 local women, both those who've been around awhile and those who are newer. I would really love if you would email me the names of 5-10 women in the local scene you feel have made a positive impact on our disc golf community and a short description of why. This could be an impact through their level or quality of play, community involvement, volunteerism, notable disc golf accomplishments or something that makes them stand out on the course. I will then wade through these and do my best to choose the 5-10 whom have received the most mention and do a brief write up of their contribution.

Serious inquiries/responses only please. Please email your responses to me at crispianpaul@hotmail.com. Because email is an easy way for me to cache, store and review responses, responding below won't help me as much. Thanks so much in advance for your support and words!
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
Former KCFDC Board Secretary
KCFDC Newsletter
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play disc golf. Move around. It's cool.

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Newsletter write up-NEED YOUR HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:41:49 PM »
Bump. If you can't email me, please tell me below 5-10 special women in our disc golf community and why!!
KCFDC Newsletter
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »
PM Sent....

Women I listed.... I came up with 12, and thought about Rebecca after I hit send as well

Conversations should be done around the women also asking those that you get information about who led them to the sport was it another woman or one of them Manly types….

Lynne Warren-

Tavish Carduff—

Kristie Svejda-

Rhonda Crosby-

You-

Susan Castro Gautreaux—

Amando-

Angie Biondo-

Becky Stebbins-.

Susan Taylor-

Colleen Cashen—

What ever happened to…..

Angela Plitsch—

Edit--Dummy me I was thinking I knew I missed people....That girl that plays with Gus has done a lot as well......:-D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:22:14 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
Thanks Jack!
KCFDC Newsletter
crispianpaul@hotmail.com