Author Topic: FUZZZY PONY TOURNAMENT- APRIL 3- A few spots still available  (Read 2315 times)

halbaby1685

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
FUZZZY PONY TOURNAMENT- APRIL 3- A few spots still available
« on: March 24, 2010, 07:49:46 AM »
There is about 10 golden tickets still available for the fuzzy pony on saturday April 3rd.  It is a private course on 30acres.  The best way I can describe the cours is Swope times 10.  ., Biscuits and gravey for breakfast (small donation to humane society),  Lunch and dinner will be provided. Beer will be flowing all day. For info go to www.discthehorse.com or call me at 816-506-1122.  There is only 45 spots available. There will be a glow round after the tourney.    There is camping on my land if anyone is interested.  Don't miss out it TO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!  Hope to see you there, Halbaby

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: FUZZZY PONY TOURNAMENT- APRIL 3- A few spots still available
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:19:40 AM »
The Fuzzy is the Shizzy!!     Great golf!  Great people! Great land!  Great food! Great times! etc.....
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

kreutz21879

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »
this looks like a good time. what are the courses like??
Justin Kreutzer
PDGA# 21879
Grip Tight, Throw Hard, and Pray!!!

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:45:21 AM »
The main course plays in a horse pasture behind the house....does remind of of swope alot with elevation and trees...use the same baskets on a couple holes...but very well laid out.  The front side is alond the driveway into the farm and has some cool shots....there is a ton of land, so don't think that this is just pitch and putt golf...it's not!

Last year they had music playing at tourney central and you could hear it throughout the course...very cool!!  The beer was good, but the food was even better...especially biscuits and gravy.

This is about 11 miles from my front door, so if the weather is too crappy for glow...I will probably have some people over for poker or something at my place since I will be a bachelor for that whole week.
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

DiscWiz

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »
If you are staying for the night round throw a sleeping bag in the car just in case.  The head brewer from 23rd Street Brewery is playing and is planing on tapping a keg of his special Hopsidean Dark Ale for the night round..  This beer is the bomb, its an 8.5% dark ale with an incredible chocolate finish.  Plan ahead and bring the bag and we will find you a place to curl up after the night round if you need it.

See you at the pony and as of 15 minutes ago there is one less golden ticket available.

Dave

Wink

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »
I've got a golden ticket, I've got a golden ticket, already considered myself a winner! Thanks Dave and all other who make it possible!  :)

halbaby1685

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 08:03:43 AM »
there will be open play to people who have signed up and guests this saturday and sunday ( 27,28) from 9 to 5.  There are still 7 spots open. This is a tournament that is too much fun!!!!!!!!!!! halbaby1685. On saturday night if you don't want to drive home bring a sleeping bag and you can crash at my house. 816-506-1122

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 08:24:22 AM »
Let me pleeeeez reiterate that the FUZZY IS THE SHEEZNEEZY!!!!!  ;D can't wait!
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »
I got me a golden ticket,maybe the last one
Team Ls Discs

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 10:41:03 PM »
Nope, I got mine too  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2017: 107, 24, 16
2016: 1, 3, 18, 6
DD: 7, 108
2015: 3,2,39,2,66,33,3
2014: 3/57
2013: 4
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »
I'm in!

DiscWiz

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
Kind Sirs and Dear Ladies, it has been reported in the papers that the last chocolate bar with the golden ticket has been found.  Thank you one and all.  Please arrive at the chocolate factory prior to 9 AM for registration. 

Willie Dave Wonka

DiscWiz

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 09:07:58 AM »
Just uploaded the Fuzzy Pony Tournament Map to the Running Horse Website http://discthehorse.com.  There will be additional copies in the course mailbox attached to the tree by the 9th basket in the yard for those braving the weekend weather.  The squares are the tee pads and the flags the baskets.  Every hole has rubber tee pads so it should be fairly easy to find your way around.

For those that did not join us last year the Fuzzy Pony is played on two courses.  Running Horse proper, numbered 1 through 18, and the Fuzzy Pony numbered 19 through 27.  The first round we play holes 10 - 18 on Running Horse and 19 - 27 on the Fuzzy Pony (3 legit par 4's in this round). The second round we play holes 1 -9 on Running Horse and again play 19 - 27 on the Fuzzy Pony (7 legit par 4's in this round).

If the weather does not cooperate this weekend and you would like to play during the week please email me at dave.wismer@gmail.com and we can schedule a time.

Off to make the trophies!

Dave

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 08:42:40 PM »
Awesome, Dave!  Sounds like some killer holes will be played.  This will be my first time getting to play the course.  Can't wait!

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 10:21:57 PM »
Ill be out there for a practice round tomorrow...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...