Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Water Works / Re: Course Issues
« Last post by EL KUJO on Today at 12:56:07 PM »
UPDATE for the CC

WW course issues end of 2017 edition:

hole 1 - needs timber at pad replaced rock in place, middle hole is clogged fixed
hole 2 - need to locate the longest pin FOUND!
hole 3 - longest pin is clogged fixed
hole 4 - need to locate the longest (middle) pin, looks to have been run over by mowers, found PVC fragments in the area. - still looking
hole 5 -now the short middle placement had the chain mowed over and needs replaced - FIXED
hole 6 - short left pin is clogged, timbers on the "star" need replaced replaced with rock. lower ring on the basket is still missing.
hole 7 - middle AND RIGHT pins are clogged fixed, would like to build retaining wall in front of the left pin pending construction...
hole 8 - stolen castle rocks needs replaced, would like to work on more erosion control here also. NEW POST THIS WEEKEND! middle pin hit by mowers replaced pin
hole 9 - would like to dig up the left and right pins that aren't being utilized and create a new short middle placement where the old concrete pad was sitting. still looking to do this
hole 10 - GOOD replaced middle pin after being hit for 2nd time in 2017
hole 11 - castle rocks have been stolen and need replaced
hole 12 - long right pin may have been ripped out from construction?
hole 13 - short pin is clogged, now it is completely destroyed from the mowers fixed and replaced chain
hole 14 - short pin needs a chain chain added
hole 15 - needs walls built to control erosion near the pins. longest pin lost its chain to the mower replaced chain
hole 16 - short left pin - found, currently set! built a wall on right setting to control eroding hillside
hole 17 - need to locate the short left pin - new pin set, arrowhead built and mulched in
hole 18 - need to locate long right pin. - FOUND!
Water Works / Re: Pin Movement At Water Works
« Last post by EL KUJO on Today at 12:52:17 PM »
course is set for the Club Championship

1 left
2 short
3 middle
4 peace
5 middle
6 star
7 left
8 short
9 middle
10 middle
11 right
12 short
13 short
14 long
15 left
16 right
17 short right
18 long left
Liberty, MO - Stocksdale Park / BAD ROCK GLOW 2017/2018
« Last post by EL KUJO on Today at 08:03:43 AM »
starting tonight at 6pm. $5

Best Shot RANDOM DRAW DOUBLES

I will run this every other week with the occasional trip to Jesse James
Cliff Drive / Re: Workday in November or December
« Last post by jack on October 19, 2017, 04:02:21 PM »
woooo WHOOOOO, almost doubled the pollsters response!

THanks all.  I will talk with Parks next week or so and plan on looking at the 11/18 day.
Cliff Drive / Re: Workday in November or December
« Last post by jack on October 19, 2017, 09:18:17 AM »
odd....250 views, and only 3 pollsters.... ??? :o
Tournaments / 6 ANNUAL NEW YEARS DAY TRIPLES 1-1-18 SWOPE PARK DISC GOLF COURSE
« Last post by Skyhawkmd on October 18, 2017, 11:49:16 AM »
   Randomness Draw Triples!! This event will be ran the same as it always has but since the event has grown so much over the years I decided to partner up with KCFDC to make this a KCFDC Event to insure its longevity and safety of its participants. I would like to thank the Club for allowing this event to be a part of something that remains for many years to come!!! In addition to that we have several returning sponsors, Dynamic Disc of KC has been very good to this event and they are going to donate 3 Marksman Baskets to the Winners and in addition to that the first 3 DD tags will also go to the winning team!! The rest of the DD tags for 2018 you will be able to purchase from DD at the event!!! I would also like to thank Launchpad Disc Golf for their donations for CTP and I would also like to thank Rippit Disc Golf for their donations as well. We will also have an optional Ace fund provided by the Harold Berciunas of the Friday Traveling league available as well. There will be more sponsors added to the list as we move forward. We are still looking for a beer sponsor for this event so if you would like to be the sponsor or know someone who would like to be please message me. This event will be $6 per person, $5 of the buy in will go straight to payout and $1 goes to KCFDC.   Please bring correct $$!!! Last year we had a problem with someone signing up for the event and leaving before we started resulting in 1 group that 2 and I made the decision to give them a Cali, that won't happen this year as we have reserve players for in case we don't have a full card!! More information is to come in the months ahead. I hope we break 122 people who played in the event last year!!! I will see you at SWOPE PARK DISC GOLF COURSE at High Noon, Monday, January 1st 2018 to celebrate the start of another great year of Disc Golf in Kansas City!!!
Longview - Perry Lake - Ozawkie, KS / RIPPIT OPEN - November 5, 2017
« Last post by MK on October 17, 2017, 11:21:24 PM »
Rippit Disc Golf is hosting the Rippit Open on November 5, 2017 at Longview DGC.  2 rounds, 18 holes in this C tier event.

Amateur players will receive a players pack, consisting of a disc, a dri-fit shirt, and a mini.

Pro players will receive a dri-fit and a mini.  No, that won't come out of the Pro purse.

The Rippit Open is the last stop in the 2017 KC Mini Series.

Hog Holler Saloon will be the location of the players meeting, and will offer lunch for a reasonable price.

Make sure to register soon, as the event is filling fast.  See ya November 5 at Longview!

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Rippit_Open_2017/register
Lakeside Hills / 10-16-17 Olathe GLOW
« Last post by Tom on October 16, 2017, 10:03:26 PM »
Clear skies, light breezes, dry Earth, temperature around 60, and no moon is how it was for the ten players that attended week one of the thirteenth season of Olathe GLOW. The pins were in the Old Settlers positions. As posted earlier, we will play GLOW at Birdland thru November.

Chase Neal & Anthony Pfeifer      53 for $32
Tom Butler & Brian Taylor           54 for $9
Rob Haney & Mark Albers            54 for $9
Tommy Selle & Dan Leweke        56
Cade Garrelts & Leevarn Sarvis   57

No ACE was hit, so with all ten getting in the fund increased to $830.
Leagues / KCFDC Safari Saturday is back
« Last post by MK on October 16, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »
I am pleased to announce that the KCFDC PDGA Traveling League Safari Saturday has been approved by the KCFDC BoD.

This league will be a 10 week, PDGA sanctioned league.

When:  starts Saturday, December 2, 10 AM tee time, and continues every Saturday through February 3, 2018.  Don't be surprised to see some extra holes or safari holes!

Where:

12/2 Rosedale Up Top, Kansas City, KS
12/9 Bad Rock Creek, Liberty, MO
12/16 Shawnee Mission Park, Lenexa, KS
12/23 Water Works Park, Kansas City, MO
12/30 Heritage Park, Olathe, KS

The remaining dates are TBD.  The remaining 5 weeks will be scheduled in conjunction with the KCFDC so as to not conflict with any Ice Bowl activities in January.  I anticipate the finale on February 3 to be a Swope Safari.

Cost: TBD.  The league fees are currently under review by the KCFDC, and a decision will likely be made at the club elections at Old Pike on November 4.  Costs will either remain the same $5 for KCFDC members and  $6 for non-members, or increase $1 per person.  Of course, add a buck for the ace fund.  A reminder, PDGA leagues are $1 higher than regular KCFDC leagues.

The KCFDC PDGA Traveling League ace fund starts at $592.

See you this winter at 10 AM on Saturdays!
Barter Town / Used first second run buzz
« Last post by Nicholasjosephnewell12 on October 16, 2017, 04:31:55 PM »
Make an offer 8165987165
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10