Author Topic: new to kc and need people to play with  (Read 1994 times)

kenna

new to kc and need people to play with
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:57:04 PM »
so i just moved up to kc for school, but i played a lot of disc back home. i have a friend that just started playing and i normally play with him, but i want to play with some people that have been playing for a while as well. i played the first nine at waterworks, and rosedale, and did fairly good at both (just over par). my weekends are pretty much the only free time i have cause of a heavy class load.

jamison99

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: new to kc and need people to play with
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »
I am in the same situation...I just moved to the area as well, and am trying to find more people to play with

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:45:39 PM »
Leagues, guys...every weeknight on at least one course during Daylight Savings Time, less frequently during Standard Time but still available.  And, Sundays in Pleasant Hill.  Check out the link on the front page of kcfdc.org

If for some reason leagues don't make sense to you (actually, more like a series of mini tournaments, but "league" is our name for them), almost any time of any daylight right now, there will be someone playing Rosedale, all but guaranteed.  That's a good place to start, and Water Works would be my suggestion as second, then Swope.  There are something like 16 public courses in town, no excuse for not getting involved!  Posting on the board was a great first step.

Welcome to Kansas City!
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Scrooloose

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:41 PM »
I play every Sat/Sun at 1pm.  I usually play Olathe, Wyco or Shawnee.  If you would like to join me one of the days email me and  we can exchange numbers.

I been playing since '98 with few breaks here and there.  I can generally shoot little over par (well bad days a lot over par  :-[ ) so im not terrible.

jamison99

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 08:31:33 PM »
Fantastic...and I do understand the league process..I am without wheels at the moment so that makes making it to leagues a lil difficult, though I do live just south of SMP on Renner...I have played in KC tourneys before, and would like to really get involved soon...anyone that ever wants to play, or help with gas money to a tourney go ahead and text or call me at 573-645-8608...