Author Topic: Paddy O'Quigley's new hangout after league nights  (Read 1064 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Paddy O'Quigley's new hangout after league nights
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:41:24 PM »
Paddy O'Quigley's is wanting to be the choice of after league nights for the northland courses, I am working with them on Tuesday and Thursday night disc golf specials.  It is located less than 5 minutes from both courses, right off I-29 & 64th St exit west beside Hen House.  They donated for the Wide Open to get their name out there, but I would like to have that as a staple for all WW events in the future.

Actual address 6312 Chatham Ave

Stay Tuned for more information about what type of specials I am able to secure for us from them.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

Re: Paddy O'Quigley's new hangout after league nights
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »
A bunch of us from work went there for lunch last weekend, Jack, and your buddy from poker night waited on us. Can't remember his name off top...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »
Mark Moseley.  He is my neighbor, and the ownership just changed there, they have played disc a few times, but have a sister that lives by Rosedale, and is always impressed by the # of people that play.  With it being so close to WW & Old Pike.  I want us to be able to use these places to feel our power as a group of good guys so that when we go after sponsors, they know who we are.  I am going to try to do the same with Tower for Rosie and Cliff leagues also....maybe even swope, its not that far from any of them, less than a 10 minute hike
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »
I went into Tower Tavern Friday evening and there were no other disc golfers there at the time. But I asked about the DG specials and ordered up and had dinner. While I was eating the bartender came over and just started talking disc golf. He is obviously a disc golfer and very familiar with the game. He knew who I was talking about as I discussed how the lead card was doing etc.... That place seems to be a really good fit for disc golfers.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »
I agree, but I think with our courses, it behooves us to have places close to the parks that we enjoy as well.  As we do this, it makes it easier at Ice Bowl, Wide Open, Olathe Open, H2Open, etc...to gain their acceptance, because we don;t come in last second and ask, we constantly badger them, and they are aware!

Thanks again!!

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 04:54:38 PM »
Damien is a real fan of disc golf... As an owner. he gets weird days off but when he does, you can find him on a disc golf course... The basket that is on the balcony, stays there 365 daZe a year...Grant is the other owner, not much of a golfer, but really appreciates what disc golf is and has done for his bar!!!

that is my local swill and where I chose to help keep the lights on....
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
Oh I'll hit Paddy O'Quigley's too. I was just commenting on my positive experience at Tower. I think it's great to have options for us to hit after our rounds and O'Quigley's is on the way home to my weekday digs after northland rounds......
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:57:22 AM »
I agree, I am just trying to keep it close to the courses so that they are impacted by our $$$$.  If Tower were close to WW, trust me I'd suggest it as well.  Its a little bit farther than the JayHawker, but its still close enough that Rosie league should start to make a habit of going there (Tower)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"