Author Topic: huge sinkhole  (Read 787 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
huge sinkhole
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:02:35 PM »
i reported the large sinkhole that is about 53 yards west/ southwest of the gazebo to the wyandotte county parks maintanance department. its directly south of the trees for the long 9 basket placement. i got a call back thursday about 4pm that there will be somebody there from the department at the park friday morning to assess the unsafe condition. its big enough that one of the tractors they cut grass with can fall in. so everyone be careful out there.
i noticed it saturday but have been sidetracked getting it reported.
Steven Disc Glover

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: huge sinkhole
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:22:37 PM »
i reported the large sinkhole that is about 53 yards west/ southwest of the gazebo to the wyandotte county parks maintanance department. its directly south of the trees for the long 9 basket placement. i got a call back thursday about 4pm that there will be somebody there from the department at the park friday morning to assess the unsafe condition. its big enough that one of the tractors they cut grass with can fall in. so everyone be careful out there.
i noticed it saturday but have been sidetracked getting it reported.

I totally noticed this during the workday last week, but forgot to mention it.  Be careful; that thing could seriously F you up if you're walking, talking, and not looking where you're going (like me a lot of the time).