Author Topic: Mighty MO DATE CHANGE-Saturday May 10  (Read 9567 times)

dclabe

Re: Mighty MO DATE CHANGE-Saturday May 10
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 05:49:58 PM »
Suggestion:  for the recreational, novice and intermediate, why not just have a round of 18 ... that way, it does not tie up you whole day and ne still can have some fun.  I would venture to say that
there would be a bigger turn out for this schedule than what is being offered...I would love to play, but cannot tie up a whole day.  Or maybe I am being selfish!!

If you don't want to commit to a full day come out to the Afternoon "D" Lite #2 on May 18 at the Lake Shore Disc Golf course (Pleasant Hill).  That is the basis of this tournament.  First round starts at 1 PM, second around 3 PM, and cashout at around 5:30.

tommydee46

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 10:08:11 PM »
thanks for the suggestion for the tourney on the 18th.......and for those "salty rec. and intermediate players...if they are that "salty" then they should be playing advanced .  My opinion vs. yours.

And let us rec and novice or players like myself that are not very good, but enjoy competition, have our fun as well....if there are not enough of us, then that is completely different story and I would conform to the format.    But not until then.   
peace out

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 07:13:30 AM »
You don't seem to understand.

975 and above are pros - these guys are really good.

974 and below are am.

Here in KC we do a good job of filling open, adv, int, and rec.  However, a 910 rated player is probably going to get killed by a 965 rated player, though a 910 rating is nothing to shake a stick at.  So the 910 rated player can be competitive and have a chance to win, he plays Int, with a lot of other people around his skill level.  It's human nature for people to want to have a chance to win and not to just donate. 

TommyDee, it's not your choice what divisions people play.  It's theirs.  Your opinion doesn't matter to me in the least bit when I'm selecting which division to play.  And I WANT to play two rounds.  If you can't make the time commitment, too bad. 

Besides, other than the time, why would you not want to play both rounds?  The two courses being used are two of the best in the city. 

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:18:06 AM by phisherman_77 »

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 07:30:56 AM »
Water works could be top five in the country yet alone the city...
iscraft Golf Discs

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 07:31:11 AM »
Wooo...slow down you salty dogs..

You both are right but consider the PDGA influx for the event.  This is a PROFESSIONAL caliber tournament which lends itself to no less than 2 rounds, because we all know how play level can very...even throughout a 1 day tourney.  Levels the competition from one person having one hot round.

If you don't want to step up and play in this level of competition then do as Dan said, play in the AfternoonER "D" Lightful....or come out to the KC Disc Golf Day at Rosey....there is competition and can be for those of you who wish to do other things with your time than play golf all day....even though I usually end up a DGD longer than normal tourneys.

And don't let the PDGA website make you think nobody is going to show up to this tourney, that thing gets updated rarely for anything lower than an A-tier.  Plus the jokers are charging $3.00 to process your credit card.....grrr what a joke....shouldn't this be covered in being a member.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 07:33:26 AM by Andy »
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 07:33:36 AM »
Water works could be top five in the country yet alone the city...

agreed 100%

andy, you're such a peacemaker.  and a pretty salty intermediate player.  ;D

Keizer

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
Come play the William Yates tourney if you're worried about time constraints with the Mighty Mo, especially if you consider yourself more of a rec/novice player. 

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 09:12:41 AM »
andy, you're such a peacemaker.  and a pretty salty intermediate player.  ;D

Intermediate.....HA....let's see an intermediate player crush a 200' destroyer skip shot....  ;D
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 09:57:15 AM »
Come play the William Yates tourney if you're worried about time constraints with the Mighty Mo, especially if you consider yourself more of a rec/novice player. 

I have been encouraging people to play in that event based on what you are tlaking about TommyDee.  The Tournament is a 2 round event, and will be, the reasoning behind this is many fold, you can have one bad round and then kick arse in the second round and have a great day, or the simple fact is that as a PDGA event it must be 2 rounds ( http://www.pdga.com/documents/2008/08TourStandards.pdf  ) in order to qualify as a PDGA event. 

With the PDGA worlds coming here next year, invitations are based on points that players accumulate over the previous year, so we want to have as many events as possible to ensure that local players will qualify.

The other suggestion in all honesty is to consider league play. Every DAY there is a league happening typically, that only requires one round to play in the evening during the week, or early afternoon on the weekends.

Dont let some phisherman with a national rating of 875 and a local rating of 901 tell you that you are wrong, he should be worrying about his putting and how he cries after an event like Jack Lowe, well he wishes he had excuses as good as mine is the real reason he is crying here!
 ::)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »
hey, that 901's not current (it may be lower now!)...

i'm just going to take CD's advice about LOWE putts, relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.............................

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »
what's a putt?
Mike Penney

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 10:25:32 AM »
this string is FREAKING ME OUT !

It's almost as bewildering as the supposed "bi-monthly" FDM that came out with Jan-Feb on the cover of the first issue, and April-May on the cover of the second issue. What happend to March?

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »
besides, just because your division isn't advanced or open doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't play two rounds.  there are some pretty salty intermediate and rec players around that would be insulted at your suggestion to only play one round.

Maybe some of those salty intermediate players should start playing advanced then.  The Legion of Doom is a 1 day event for rec and intermediate, and a 2 day for pros and advanced.  So if you want more golf, you know which division to play in.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »
now you're just fanning the flames timko.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »
now you're just fanning the flames timko.

Damn straight.  I need someone to compete with for DFL.