Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Liberty, MO - Stocksdale Park / 2019 Memorial Day Dubzzz
« Last post by EL KUJO on Today at 10:56:43 AM »
May 27th @ 10am

Debating the possibility of making this a BYOP event with multiple divisions. it would be $20 per team

Open mens
Open mixed
Masters
Am mens
Am mixed
Am ladies

more info to come
WYCO / Re: What happened to teepad on 16?
« Last post by Jerry Patterson on February 16, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »
WYCO isn't getting redesigned! 16 tee pad may be getting pushed back....an new baskets are coming out there too!
WYCO / Re: What happened to teepad on 16?
« Last post by dogundertheporch on February 16, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »
Please DON'T redesign WYCO there is enough short courses in KC area. Hole 16 pad should stay where it is. That hole is one of the few elevated holes on the course and everybody knows elevated is awesome. Stay long WYCO.
Winter Leagues / Re: 3rd Annual KCFDC Safari Saturday starts December 15 - League info here
« Last post by MK on February 16, 2019, 08:56:28 AM »
Tomorrow's round at Wilbur Young (Saturday, February 16, 2019) is postponed.

I have one of two choices basically after a tumultuous eight weeks that has seen three postponements and a move to a Sunday (BRC).

Choice 1 : Call it good and end the league, foregoing Prairie Center and Wilbur Young.
Choice 2 : Postpone the league for two weeks - Frostbreaker is next weekend (February 23/24), and play the last two rounds on March 2/3.  The PDGA likely wouldn't approve of such shenanigans, but if I don't ask they can't tell me no...  and my reading of the rules says I can...  anyway, that's an aside.  March 2/3 is the very last weekend that we could have league rounds.

I am inclined to go with Choice 1 and call it good as we go to tournament season.  However, if you all want to play the last two rounds on March 2 and 3 - well you know, I'll be there for you.  🥰  Chime in here on what you the people want to do.

PS - I am taking over Tuesdays at Kessler Park officially this year.  I'm not sure how that happened.
Found and Lost / Scott Oswalt's French Bulldog Bleu Cheese
« Last post by robm on February 14, 2019, 12:16:07 AM »
Scott Oswalt is not supper active in the club or tournament play, but he designs a lot of the local flyers including 75% of Maverick Disc Golf flyers and a good deal of Scott Reek's Under Par flyers and others including Hyzerbomb and Lawrence club stuff.

His dog, Bleu Cheese, a French Bulldog was STOLEN at Rosedale Wednesday night, 2/13/19.

Friends! I need your help. My dog Bleu Cheese was taken from the side of the road near the entrance of Rosedale Park while we were finishing up our disc golf round. It was a white suv/hatchback that took him around 9:30pm. Please call 620-474-1286 with any leads. Thank you.

Scott has lost one bulldog in the last 18 months due to old age.  WE NEED TO FIND HIM HIS PUP!

Winter Leagues / Re: 3rd Annual KCFDC Safari Saturday starts December 15 - League info here
« Last post by MK on February 01, 2019, 09:04:45 PM »
Ok I'm tired. I helped with Ice Bowl. I didn't know exactly what the layout was going to be because I wasn't in charge. I did what I could, and i apologize if things weren't clear. We had 24 out - the results sheet is on my office. I'll post the results tomorrow. The pdga results are posted at pdga.com. whew.

This week, 2.2.19 Wyco. With the help of Dave Herbert and Grimm, the series up will be:

1. Long right par 4
2. Long par 4
3 pad to 4 through gap par 5
5. Short right par 3
6. Short right par 3
7 pad to 8 through gap par 5
9. Straight par 3
10. Long par 4
11. Right par 3 no mando
12. Long par 4
13. Long par 4
14. Short par 3
14A. Temp to 14 middle on bank par 3
15. Only par 3
16. Temp in front of shelter to left par 3
17. Temp on road to temp par 3
17A. Temp from circle to temp par 3
17B. 17 to 17 long par 4
18. Right par 3
18A. Temp by tennis court to island practice basket par 3

$5 for kcfdc members, $6 for non-members. Add a buck for the ace fund.

See ya at Wyco on Saturday!
« Last post by MK on February 01, 2019, 09:03:38 PM »
The results are finally in from Blue Valley Park and the 25 holes played on January 26. 

Open

Jose Ossa 73 $10
Isaac Heinen 74 $8
Peter Bures 77
Sam Dummerth 80
Nick Kolar 81
Ty Browning 89

Masters

Danger/MK 81 $7.50 each
Ran Mullen 82 $5
Jimmy Daddy Greenlee 84 $4
Christian E 86 $3
Rodney Mullen/Jimmy Reeves 87
Tall Guy 88
Bill I Hate Trains Shinoski 91

MA1

Bryce Nichols 76 $11 voucher
Jacob Winn 85 $8 voucher
Coleman Gregg $86 $7 voucher
Thomas O 89
Steven Snider 90
Michael Caudill 98
David Blackburn 999

MA2

Derrick Uhlman 90 $5 voucher
Matt Hirt 91 $3 voucher
Tournaments / Re: 2019 Ice Bowl
« Last post by Timko on January 28, 2019, 06:48:11 PM »
Thanks for coming out John!  It was awesome to see you, and good luck to you and your wife.
Tournaments / Re: 2019 Ice Bowl
« Last post by john theiss on January 28, 2019, 12:11:36 PM »
Thanks to all those volunteers and the KCFDC board that made the Ice Bowl a success.  I loved the course that i got to play.  Lots of work i am sure for the layout configuration and temp baskets.  So much fun to play BV and we had great score deviation on all the holes.  Such an amazing piece of  property and I am thankful that we have such a great resource at our disposal.  We are very lucky here in KC. 

I was not sure i was going to get to play because my wife is 9 months pregnant and due any moment but I asked any way risking the possible wraith of a pregnant woman .   So i didn't sign up in case we had the baby,  but baby boy wasn't ready and i was excited to get out and donate (so i was that "annoying guy" breaking all the rules wanting to play and jumping on a card...sorry and thanks for bearing with me ).

Thanks KCFDC,

John
Tournaments / Re: The 37th Annual Kansas City Wide Open
« Last post by SteelerDoug on January 25, 2019, 06:19:51 PM »
Are there going to be any (sponsorship) designated PDGA compliant smoking areas on any courses for this A tier?

I'm pretty sure the tobacco policy only applies to NT and Major events.

Correct Timko.  KCWO is a A/B tier and not part of the PDGA Major or NT tour from what I saw. Correct me if I am wrong. 

https://www.pdga.com/announcements/2018-pdga-tobacco-policy-update
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10