Author Topic: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30  (Read 51363 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
Its been on the flyer since day one.  Having difficulties, I understand, but the knowledge that you will be playing in the event, and then having to decide less than 4 days before the event, I don't subscribe to that line of thinking for most.

Most disc golfers are grown adults, as such I expect them to act appropriately.  It was on the flyer, its been announced already, I already caved and extended the deadline which I really don't like to do...but it is what it is.  For now the only place that will ding you for the late fee is the online signup, if you pay at DGW, you will not get hit with the fee from Rick based on conversations that I have had with him.  I feel that is a good compromise for the local golfers that may have that luxury of time to decide without penalizing them.  My award for living local so to speak is how I view it......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2011, 05:05:41 PM »
Jack what times do you need help thursday? I might be able to swing some time for check in.

It Runs 12-6, any time that you can make it would be greatly appreciated!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2011, 05:40:53 PM »
From Jack
"The pools are starting to look along these lines for the event-

Pool A-Men's Open 
Fri-WW am & Cliff pm-Sat Blue Valley Tee Times-Sun @ Swope Tee Times
Pool B-All other Pro Divisions
Fri-Cliff am & WW pm-Sat Blue Valley Tee Times-Sun @ Swope Tee Times
Pool 1-Advanced Men
Sat-WW am & Rosedale pm-Sun Cliff
Pool 2-All other Am divisions
Sat-Rosedale am & Cliff pm-Sun WW

If the am pool totals less than 95 players we will put all players in one pool, and that would look like the following then:
AM ONLY POOL
Sat-Rosedale am & Cliff pm-Sun WW"

As of today 6-4-11 there are 68 Pro players registered for the NT event, and 53 Am players registered for the A tier event. Does this mean all 53 Am players are playing for a total of three trophies? This is a trophy only event for the Am players as I understand. Is this correct? Please clarify.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »
Division based trophies I have planned 5 for Adv Men, and 4 for Adv Masters Men, and then 3 for Int, Women, Adv GM based on the divisions as of the time of ordering on 5-25.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2011, 01:11:14 AM »
I don't know how I start trouble on here, but it happens somehow.

I'm not sure if my harmless question was what provoked your lecture about registering early, but I didn't intend to convey a negative tone with my question. I was pleased to see that the deadline was extended to Monday, because I truly wasn't able to firm up my plans until yesterday, and I was simply asking if that deadline included online registration.

I sympathize with how annoying it probably is for people not to commit to a huge tournament way in advance. However, two things are also true: 1- sometimes, it can't be helped, and you just can't make plans as far in advance as you would like. The TD has every right to either impose a late fee or cut off registration however far in advance he chooses and everyone has to deal with it, but also, 2- You don't get to extend registration and then complain about people registering late. I'm sure that you were mostly driven out of the goodness of your heart, and you want as many people as possible to be able to participate, but you can't deny that you're also driven by a desire for higher registration because it makes your tournament look better and makes a bigger purse for the pros.

If people complain to you about not being able to register on Thursday or Friday, then too bad. They deserve to be shut out. If you had chosen to cut off registration a week in advance, then anyone (including myself) who wasn't able to register by then also would have deserved it. But don't make a show of graciously extending the deadline out of the goodness of your heart and then slam the people who take advantage of it.

On a cheerier note- I'm really looking forward to this thing! It's going to be another great showcase of KC disc golf. Also, I'm calling my shot right now: I will be winning Adv Men.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2011, 03:51:21 PM »
ok.....not sure what was meant there, but....whatever on that front.  Just saying I extended the deadline, and I still don't think that its too much to decide a week out if you are coming or not.  We are now at 4 days away......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
Thanks for clarifying Jack. I am so looking forward to this event.

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »
Its going to rock.  I plan to shoot an -18 at Cliff.   hahahah
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

kselrod

« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
Is it me or is the player that is playing in Intermediate that just won Advanced division in a tournament a couple of months ago the clear definition of "sandbagger"...hmmm...lol.

So no trophies for Rec?  I guess if I decide to play then I might as well get my butt kicked in the Adv Masters division then...lol.

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »
Hey Jack, don't know who to ask about this...  Seems my PDGA # has been entered wrong, 42260 instead of 42660(mine).

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2011, 12:37:33 PM »
Is it me or is the player that is playing in Intermediate that just won Advanced division in a tournament a couple of months ago the clear definition of "sandbagger"...hmmm...lol.

So no trophies for Rec?  I guess if I decide to play then I might as well get my butt kicked in the Adv Masters division then...lol.

My guess is that he wants to play some golf with his brother, also signed up for Int.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2011, 01:05:53 PM »
Hey Jack, don't know who to ask about this...  Seems my PDGA # has been entered wrong, 42260 instead of 42660(mine).

THanks Dan, I will fix it when I update the next batch of players.  It is fixed on the master sheet!

I appreciate it...
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamison99

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »
Hopefully everyone is excited for the upcoming weekend. I have been posed with a plea for help from some disc golf guys from Oklahoma who are coming up to vend at the KCWO and need a place to crash.  I believe there is one guy (Jeff) from ReTire Disc Golf (hope thats the full name) and I have no room at my place, as I am housing multiple people already.  Can anyone spare a spot for him?  If so PM me ASAP and I will let them know...thank you for your support of Disc Golf all over!

sirbronco

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
I am loving the weather forecast for the Wide Open...

Thurs - 87
Fri - 83
Sat - 81
Sun - 82

There is about a 30% chance for rain each day, but that is low odds. 
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

LKillian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »
So it's looking like the ams are all gonna be in the same pool.

So is the schedule of Rosedale - sat am, Cliff - sat pm, WW - sun morning, going to be the official schedule for the am group.

I am also calling my shot, to my complete dismay i will not be the biggest bagger in advanced. :( :( There is always next year. ;D
Cooter was here.