Author Topic: 2010 YOUNG PARK ACE RACE - Discussion  (Read 11868 times)

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 YOUNG PARK ACE RACE - Discussion
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 07:14:27 AM »
I'm in I just have to get paid friday so I can pay.   
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 07:44:47 AM »
i'm in too eric.  but i also need dick to get paid.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2010, 08:33:42 AM »
i'm in too eric.  but i also need dick to get paid.

What exactly is it that you do Will?

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2010, 09:04:43 AM »
you know all too well flipboy 

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2010, 09:05:35 AM »

We need to get the players packs ordered by this friday. So if you have not signed up, or know someone who is going to play and hasn't signed up. Please let them know to do so. That way everyone who wants to play gets in and also so that we do not order to many extra players packs.. Thank you..

We are setting up a sweet course and this will be a great end of the year event.  Eric is absolutely correct about pre registering.  If we get a bunch of pre regs this week, there is a chance that the club might increase the number of player packs to above 72.  However, 72 is the magic number unless we get more sign ups this week.  We hate to turn folks away, but that is a possbility for procrastination.  We have at least 4 good extra holes and possibly 6.  Plus games between rounds, adult beverages, and food.

coops

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »

We need to get the players packs ordered by this friday. So if you have not signed up, or know someone who is going to play and hasn't signed up. Please let them know to do so. That way everyone who wants to play gets in and also so that we do not order to many extra players packs.. Thank you..

We are setting up a sweet course and this will be a great end of the year event.  Eric is absolutely correct about pre registering.  If we get a bunch of pre regs this week, there is a chance that the club might increase the number of player packs to above 72.  However, 72 is the magic number unless we get more sign ups this week.  We hate to turn folks away, but that is a possbility for procrastination.  We have at least 4 good extra holes and possibly 6.  Plus games between rounds, adult beverages, and food.

I was going to ask about the aforementioned beverages... they are legal then? I wasn't sure since it was so close to a school.

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2010, 01:21:01 PM »
They sell beer in the concession stand next to the Baseball fields.
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2010, 03:17:02 PM »
i'm in,sounds like a lot of fun

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2010, 11:32:03 AM »
signed up today. 

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2010, 12:42:44 PM »
The KCFDC is only ordering 72 packages and the order will be sent off today.  We would have liked to have more packages available, especially with the addition of 4-6 temp holes, but if you snooze you lose.   We are capping it at 72  to make sure we do not have extra ACE RACE player packs. 

We are two weeks away and the weather appears to be staying warm for the next couple weeks.  Come out and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather, enjoy a round playing in the scenic woods,  make some runs on ever so short ACE RUNS, enjoy some adult beverages/burger/brats, play some mini golf and enter games, and win yourself a new bag loaded with discs(that you can lose later playing on the long holes 7, 10, 17  ;D ).   

We are keeping the shots super short this year and taking into consideration that it is an overstable mid. Anyone can win it this year! 

John

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2010, 09:03:16 AM »
This is a list of names I have of paid registered golfers for the Young Park Ace Race

Tom Verstaete         
Chris Timko
Sean Elliot
Steven Glover
Joe Hancock
Eric Kolkemier
Jamie Barry
Eric Minton
Sean Chancellor
Narin Clouse
Ryan Keck
Kent Turpin
Cooper Arnold
Vlad Wunshcl
Brian Woodson
Jerome Foster
Chris Angle
Peter Bures
Mark Mills
Bobby Domsch
Sean Fountain
Ash Lawrence
Zach Salazar
Bruce Wehling
Matt Wehling
Jay Cram
Robert Maggard
Ted Keith
Will Love
Dick Parker
Paul Beard
Eric Eastwood
Brian Taylor
Dan Weinert
Anthony Brunsberg
Jesse Hill
Sara Hill
Kris Parker
Jim Sherwood
Jeff Russell
Larry Baker
Joseph Bristow
Leevann Sarvis
Micheal Taylor
Chris Hamm
Bob Ward
Albert Boettcher
Andre Labruyere
Demain Vela
Bill Turner
Gary Harvey
Roland Vega
Bill Neenan
Pauly Cross
Justin Ausmus
Josh Query
Matt McFadden
Van Spratford
Chris Buckley
Derek Newman
Chris Lett
Micheal Connor
Ed Gonzales
John Duckworth
Drew Neitzel
Leo Deprato x2

You can sign up at Disc Golf World, Through the pay pal button in the tourny thread http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=5413.0 . Due to league being finished it will be better for people to use the pay pal instead of trying to get ahold of me to pay for your entry to the ACE RACE. However I will post if I am going to be at any of the weekend leagues in the coming weeks so that you may pay me then thanks!!!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:27:21 AM by Eric »

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2010, 09:07:29 AM »
Getting close to half full!!! If you want in you should sign up ASAP. I will be a Phill league sunday if there are any folks in that area that want to sign up.

John and I walked through the lay out weds night and Im ready to play now!!! Its gonna be a blast!!!

Caelara

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »
Hi there, My name is Sara and I wanted to be sure beginners could sign up for this event.

My husband and I just started playing 3 weeks ago.  We saw the flyer for this event at Disc Golf World and thought it looked like a lot of fun and a way to meet other people that like to play.  I see on the flyer that this is an event for all skill levels, and I just wanted to be sure that it would be appropriate if we signed up.  We are having a lot of fun playing, but we are not throwing very far in distance yet (pretty short actually).  We are trying to work on our form and release and all that stuff, but I'm not honestly sure we will even be able to come close to some of the holes, even though they are much shorter than normal.  This doesn't concern us however, we don't mind sucking  :), we just thought it would be fun to do and a good way to meet people.  But I did want to be sure that it wouldn't annoy anyone that might get stuck in our group.  I figure since it's just one throw per basket, that there's not really any way we could slow a group down... I hope!   Also, we play mostly at Legacy in Lee's Summit, haven't tried this course yet, so I wasn't sure if it was too difficult for beginners or not.  Maybe we will check it out this week.

Anyway, if you guys don't mind a couple of beginners, maybe we'll see some of you there!

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »
well i would think you and your hubby are more then welcome to play,great to see new players come out to events and play
see ya there

sirbronco

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »
I second what Kid said...come on out and have fun...afterall, the most fun wins.  Last year, the Ace Race was my first official "tourney" / organized event.  Hope to see ya there!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695