Author Topic: Corporate Challenge?  (Read 15904 times)

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
Re: Corporate Challenge?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »
Rick - any idea what time the rounds will start each day? Is it one round Sat one on Sunday>
I'm trying to find a partner and he's church going guy and needs to know before he commits.
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
For anyone not "blowing glass" that weekend.

A downloadable entry form will be available soon.

RR

Disc Golf World, in conjunction with
the Kansas City Flying Disc Club, presents the
Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Championships size=10pt]
Featuring the Kansas City Corporate Challenge Tune-Up

Saturday, April 26 • Swope Park Disc Golf Course • 2 Rounds of 18 Holes

This is not a PDGA-sanctioned event.

We’ve changed things for the 2008 Swope Spring Renewal by making it a ”pairs” or doubles tournament and featuring some divisions that are a bit out of the ordinary. We also wanted to welcome warmly the Corporate Challenge disc golfers with their own division as they get ready for their May 3rd event.

Because of the experimental nature of this tournament, it’s hard to gauge what the response will be. The tournament can accommodate 54 teams. To guarantee your spot, please pre-register.

Divisions and Entry Fees:
Open: $50 per team (cash payback)
Amateur: $30 per team (prize payback)
100-Year—the combined ages of the partners must be at least 100: $30 per team (cash back)
Mixed—one male and one female: $20 (prizes)
Adult-Child 1 (child aged 13-15): $20 (prizes)
Adult-Child 2 (child aged under 13): $20 (prizes)
Student—must be 18 or under and currently enrolled in school: $20 (prizes)
KC Corporate Challenge Men’s: $20 (prizes)
KC Corporate Challenge Women’s: $20 (prizes)

Minimum of two teams required to open a division.

Ace Fund (optional): $4.00 per team. If no ace: CTP for 1/2 and 1/2 to the KCFDC.

Schedule
On Site Registration: 8:00 am - 9:15 am
Players’ meeting: ~9:50. Tee off to follow.
Lunch: About one hour. We might have lunch for sale on site.
2nd Round Tee: To Be Announced (probably 2ish)

Swope Spring Renewal Pairs Entry Form
(each partner must fill out an entry form)

Name________________________________________________________Date of Birth___________________________

Address__________________________________________________________________Phone______________________

City/State/Zip___________________________________________________Email_______________________________

Partner’s Name______________________________

Division (Circle one): Open $50 per team.  Amateur $30.  100-Year $30.  Mixed $20.  Adult-child 1 $20.  Adult-child 2 $20.  KCCC-Men $20. KCCC Women $20. Ace Pool $4 per team—Y or N.
Total Entry and ace pool (if chosen) Amount: $_____________________

Make checks/money order and mail to: Disc Golf World• 509 E 18th St • Kansas City MO 64108
To pay with bank card, call or stop by Disc Golf World 816.471.3472. (The $2.00 processing fee will be waived for active Kansas City Flying Disc Club members.)

For further information, contact Rick Rothstein or John Chapman at:
816.471.3472 or info@discgolfworld.com
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »
Rick - any idea what time the rounds will start each day? Is it one round Sat one on Sunday>
I'm trying to find a partner and he's church going guy and needs to know before he commits.
]]

The KCCC disc golf is one round on Saturday. Sunday would be if we were rained out on Saturday. Whether a shotgun start or tee times are used will be decided once registration closes.

R

davetv81

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:05 AM »
there will only be 1 starting time for all divisions ??  men and women at the same time ???  there are 8 divisions of companies aren't there ?  maybe a bunch won't have any entrants.  ball golf splits up men/women and runs 3-4 divisions at a time, as in 4 different tourneys.    20 companies will fill the course.  I believe more than 100 companies are signed up.

just trying to give a heads up, I don't know how much info they gave you.  hoping to save any confusion.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 08:13:50 AM »
I think we need to see just how many teams sign up.  I agree that we're going to probably need something other than 1 time for everyone to start (a rolling tee time may be a great idea).  Anyways, we'll see.

firerec

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 02:05:21 PM »
I just got the numbers for CC for Harrah's we have 6 men signed up.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 07:42:51 AM »
I am correct that only 4 people from each company can compete (2 men, 2 women), right?

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
I am correct that only 4 people from each company can compete (2 men, 2 women), right?

Chris is correct. Companies have one team of two men and one team of two women.

With more companies than ever (173 at last count) signed up for the Corporate Challenge, it's most likely that there will be tee times rather than a shotgun start. This will be not finalized until after 5 p.m. on March 19, which is the deadline for teams to get their rosters for disc golf turned in.

John Chapman and I will be sharing what they call the Games Captain duties, along with another Captain, Kyle Piedemonte (a disc golfing golf pro) who has worked previously with the KCCC in golf. The Game Director for disc golf is a long-time KCCC official (and ball golfer) Bob McMillan.

Here's a link to the list of companies in the KCCC.
http://kccorporatechallenge.com/corporatechallenge.aspx?pgID=868
If you work for one of these companies, make DG happen there. This is really a great opportunity to promote our sport.

Rick

Rick

davetv81

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »
how about an update ???   how many companies signed up ?    any idea what time each division will tee off ??  It would be nice to have some updated info to pass out at our tryouts.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 03:41:33 PM »
I'm going to try to get some info soon, but the KCCC people are not exactly the most forthcoming about information.  I tried to email them to get some info at the end of last month, and got no response.  Maybe Rick will have better luck.

The divisions tee time will all be dependent upon how may teams signed up.  I was out Sunday with a friend of mine who was playing with her company, and I saw 2 other company's out there.  So it looks like we've generated some good buzz, and will have quite a few participants.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 03:58:37 PM »
All I heard was that it will be 2 days, response was more than imagined.  Men one day, and Women another.  Over 100 teams if memory is correct, so over 200 players, from KCCC, not to mention the actual disc golfers.

But then I am spectulating.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 09:49:20 AM »

Here's what is known. The 99 women's team will play Saturday, May 3, with the first group going off at 10 a.m., followed by groups at 8 minute intervals. The 152 men's teams will start at 7 a.m. on Sunday. The scheduling was done by the other disc golf captain Kyle Piedimonte (Chappy and I are the other captain) with the Division A teams going off first. They were paired in alphabetical order. Thus,  Cerner, an A-division team, tees at 7:08 (men) and 10:08 (women). The men play with the City of Kansas City and the women are paired with Children's Mercy Hospital. I believe that all this information will be sent you to the team reps soon, perhaps as early as today. If anyone else wants to know their company's tee time, let us know.

The course configuration was selected by Chappy and me, and measures just over 5800 feet (see below). All the short tees will be used, the rocked off areas will not be OB, and #1 and #10 will have mando's in effect. The KCFDC is hosting this event, and Jim Neal, Dan Cashen, Nathan Fishback, Dan Coffman, and Tavish Sanders, have all offered to help. If you want to help (spotting, making sure there's water on the course, making the course clean before the event, etc.), let us know.

Here is the course we're using. The course will go to these positions for the last round of the Swope Spring Renewal, which means the exact course that will be used will be available for practice nearly a full week prior to the event. Oh yeah, DGW is offering a special $30 starter kit (leopard, shark, putter, starter bag, and mini) to CC competitors.

COURSE CONFIGURATION FOR
2008 KC CORPORATE CHALLENGE

TEE   FOOTAGE   PIN PLACEMENT
   1   331   BLUE
   2   287   RED
   3   393   BLUE
   4   438   ORANGE
   5 SHORT   306   WHITE
   6   309   RED
   7   306   WHITE
   8   273   BLUE
   9   365   RED
   10   300   RED
   11 SHORT   279   BLUE
   12   300   RED
   13 SHORT   280   RED
   14 SHORT   395   WHITE
   15   394   BLUE
   16   278   ORANGE
   17   254   RED
   18 SHORT   315   BLUE
   TOTAL FOOTAGE:  5,803

If there are questions, please ask away.

Rick

I'm going to try to get some info soon, but the KCCC people are not exactly the most forthcoming about information.  I tried to email them to get some info at the end of last month, and got no response.  Maybe Rick will have better luck.

The divisions tee time will all be dependent upon how may teams signed up.  I was out Sunday with a friend of mine who was playing with her company, and I saw 2 other company's out there.  So it looks like we've generated some good buzz, and will have quite a few participants.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »
I'm in division C. I work for Kiewit. Any idea when I'll tee, and who will be on my card?

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »
Rick, any thoughts on why 13 won't be in the long left position?  I thought Chap had mentioned that was the pin that would be used.

Also, is 14 white an island pin?

kpiedimonte

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 12:33:32 PM »
      Hey guys,
               If you need your tee time for the Kansas City Corporate Challenge tournament email me and I will send it to you.  There is a few too many to type them all on here so this will work better for me. 

Kyle Piedimonte
Assistant Golf Professional
Fred Arbanas Golf Course
kylepiedimonte@gmail.com