Author Topic: OLATHE OPEN TOURNAMENT LAY OUT  (Read 2964 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: OLATHE OPEN TOURNAMENT LAY OUT
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »
I told Loomis I may not play the tourney at league Monday. I would not skip any tourney because of a drop zone, or OBs, or practically anything. I just have played enough tourneys and got enough points to get a worlds invite is all. I'll prolly end up playin both the COF and the OO though.  :-\

dafoxman

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 08:26:47 AM »
hey loomis, if u r needing paint to help mark all the ob and dz,  i and a couple of friends can get what u need. have the extention handles so no bending over to do it all. even have multiple colors (white red yellow balck) and of course these paints can b used w/out any damage to the grass trees ect.
  let me know if u do indeed need, approximatly how many cans and what colors. heck if its a nice day, might even toss in some free labor as well.
  send post or call tim 9133932920

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 09:36:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure you don't have to paint OB for C-Tiers.  You can if you want, but it's not required.

Loomis

Re: OLATHE OPEN TOURNAMENT LAY OUT **UPDATE**
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 09:45:25 AM »
I just spoke with the PDGA and I was given permission to have an alternate tee pad for HOLE 15 for those people that don't want to throw over the lake from the tee box. If you don't want to throw over the lake, you can use the DROP ZONE as your tee shot, but it will cost you a penalty stroke. So if you choose to take your shot from there, you will be throwing "3" and not "1" but you won't have to run the risk of losing your disc in the water.

Before the grand debate begins over why is it shot 3 and not shot 2, it is because you would be playing the shot as if you had already dropped a shot in the lake. The value to this (and it IS an OPTION you as the player choose) is that you won't lose your disc.

Decision time; tee off - possibly go in the lake(????), and then have to throw from the drop zone for 3 anyway - OR move over to the drop zone immediately, take the strokes, but save your disc.

See you on SUNDAY

coops

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 10:30:58 AM »
question: when 4 is on the island will it be a drop zone if you miss in the road? and if so, will it be the same as 2 on the island? or different? you really don't have to answer this now if you don't want to loomis, i know you are probably busy getting stuff ready. just if you want to 8)

Loomis

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 06:08:21 PM »
it will be the same drop zone

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »
I just want to clarify.
It says Mando on 12 is the foul pole. But the foul pole is directly to the left of the tee. So it would be impossible to not mando it. I assume you are talking about the big light pole. And in that case, there are 2 light poles. Are they both Mando since they wrap around the ball field? Just wanted to make sure it was clear.
PDGA 39363

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 11:50:46 AM »
just because it's improbable that one will miss the mando, doesn't mean it never happens.  i'm assuming the mando is in place because loomis doesn't want shots over the ball fields at all.

don't overthink it puryear.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Flock Kaw Chalka
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 11:54:26 AM »
just because it's improbable that one will miss the mando, doesn't mean it never happens.  i'm assuming the mando is in place because loomis doesn't want shots over the ball fields at all.

don't overthink it puryear.

If he doesn't want shots over the ball field then a light pole needs to be designated because Anthony is right...the foul pole is directly south of the tee pad.   I do have faith in Palmer missing the foul pole though.
DaBirdFatha
Bird > Word
Flockers Unite

Loomis

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »
It is indeed the light poles on 12. on 16 and 17 it's the foul poles... they will be clearly marked at the tournament.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
don't overthink it puryear

Palmer, maybe you should at least think a little before you post.  :)
PDGA 39363

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 10:33:43 PM »
i never specified foul pole or light pole so it looks like i was right on the button.  the point is, loomis designates mandos to keep discs out of the ballfields.

again, don't overthink it puryear.