Author Topic: Swope Weekly Minis - starting on March 16th  (Read 3569 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Swope Weekly Minis - starting on March 16th
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 02:03:10 PM »
Rest assured league will happen.

Chris will work hard as course coordinator to find a solution to this problem in conjunction with your EC.

Swope league will not be cancelled...silly Billy and Chris.....

Any help that can be demonstrated through our vast network of fine and talented individuals will be greatly appreciated though! ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 02:57:22 PM »
Chris will work hard as course coordinator to find a solution to this problem in conjunction with your EC.

Considering none of the "regular" Swope players stepped up last year when I was working 70+ hours a week and still found time to start and end league (going back to work while others were playing), I'm not holding my breath.  However, maybe a week or 2 of doing without league would change some people's minds.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »
......or just come over to SMP on Tuesdays for league.

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »
Like I said I will still be there ,But I could really use some help these next few weeks.After that I should be ok.Really need someone to step up.
Team Ls Discs

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 03:34:25 PM »
Considering none of the "regular" Swope players stepped up last year when I was working 70+ hours a week and still found time to start and end league (going back to work while others were playing), I'm not holding my breath.  However, maybe a week or 2 of doing without league would change some people's minds.

Relax Timko.

It sounds like you're harboring resentment.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 03:43:51 PM »
Probably a little.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »
My own opinion (which I know, I rarely share!  :-* )

Is that this discussion would be BEST served by making phone calls and not taking it to the public forum.

If you need to cover a couple of weeks, its not that big of a deal, find a person that you trust that you know is there early and dependable, and ask.

Threatening people to take away their league is absolutely silly and really has no place in our board (at least this section) to do anything but start a mudslinging campaign.

The truth of the matter is that the CC for each course is to find a person (can be themselves) to run league, and ask that they follow the league rules, nothing more.

It does not mean that Timko needs to run it, but if he is uncertain of the event to happen, he should reach out to the right people to start to ask.

As a person that has ran many leagues over many years, I understand that life happens and you need to find a desirable replacement from time to time, then lets look at that direction.  Again coming across with resentment or a "ill quit and take it with me mentality" is silly, and really not needed.

The last league results indicate that there were 37 people out there playing league, that is from 2 weeks ago, I am not sure how many people were there last week, but it appeared to be a similarly sized crowd.....

Looking at that old list, I can see about 4-5 people that have ran a league in the past, I would ask them.  Off the top they are as follows:

Jack Lowe
Paul Eklund
Mark Stiles
Andy Lewis
CD Steiner

A couple of weeks is a lot different to help out in a tough situation than to say that I can't do it at all.

I also know that asking people privately for help would be a much better indication and give a solid answer to the people that you request to help.

We are a community, and we will all help within our community, lets just ask in a more polite, and personal method instead blasting on the internot that I am taking away our league if you don't run it!

(BTW, I will be out of town after the 25th but may be able to help in the interim, but the earliest I can get there is 5:30 provided traffic from OP area is flowing, otherwise you are at my traffic's discretion.....)

I would of course need a key to the shack to do it correctly, and KCKash to pay out people......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 04:14:45 PM »

When Timko asked for someone to step up the beginning of this year ,I waited a week before I said I would do it.
We have asked several people and they have all said no.I have also mentioned a few names to some on the EC and was told No to them also.

I guess that long post Awhile ago would have been much more helpful to have just said I can help!!!!!
Team Ls Discs

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
The major issue is that this should be brought up on the PRIVATE EC thread first was what I was really hinting at..... :o
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 09:20:33 AM »
I was waiting on something to happen on my end before committing to anything, and it happened so, now I can.  If there is still a need for someone to help out, I'm able to do help out, today anyway.  Next week is a good possibility, but, family in town, so, not sure yet about that one yet.  Albeit, I've never run a league before, so, might need a little "guidance" as to what needs to happen.  ;D

Let me know if you still need someone to help out!
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 10:38:42 AM »
I was waiting on something to happen on my end before committing to anything, and it happened so, now I can.  If there is still a need for someone to help out, I'm able to do help out, today anyway.  Next week is a good possibility, but, family in town, so, not sure yet about that one yet.  Albeit, I've never run a league before, so, might need a little "guidance" as to what needs to happen.  ;D

Let me know if you still need someone to help out!

James, show up at league today, and Billy should be able to show you the ropes.  It's pretty simple.  I'm going to try to work out some sort of calendar so the same person doesn't have to commit week in, week out to running.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 10:54:49 AM »
Coolio....see ya'll there.  8)

Also, are you still taking point series entries?  (the $30)  ???

I'll have my money there if ya' are.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 11:31:12 AM »
Yes.  I won't be there (working until 6), but if you give it to Billy, that would be fine.