« on: June 26, 2013, 11:47:29 am »
I'm finally almost ready to start playing disc golf again after breaking a leg two months ago. While I was out, I had a few thoughts with regards to this league and the Legacy league. For whatever reason, we don't get very good turnouts at either one of these leagues. A few reasons are probably as follows:
1. Continuous shift in who is running the league. I never see scores posted for either league, so I'm sure some people don't even know that a league is happening or has been happening.
2. Distance - pretty far east side of the city
3. Legacy - Friday nights (IMO) is just not a good league night. It's the weekend man! Many people have Friday night plans with friends and family. This is my main reason for not ever having stepped up to run this league on a consistent basis.
So, I have a few questions:
1. Why do YOU think these leagues are not well attended?
2. What do YOU think we can do to get more attendance?
3. Would YOU be interested in attending an alternating Legacy/Young Wednesday night league?
Now that I'm married, have a normal schedule, and have a leg that will allow me to get back out on the course, I'd be interested in running an alternating league as mentioned above...but I want to get everyone's thoughts on it first and see what it would take to make this happen. SO.....let's hear it.