Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Topics - jack

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35
466
Cliff Drive / Ace Fund for Cliff Drive League
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »
as of 3-1-07
Cliff Drive = $250.00

467
Water Works / Ace Fund for Water Works League
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »
as of 3-1-07
Water Works = $235.00

468
Rosedale / Ace Fund for Rosedale League
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:36:02 PM »
as of 3/1/07
Rosedale = $450.00

469
Swope / Ace Fund For Swope League
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:35:05 PM »
as of 3/1/07
Swope = $240.00

470
Cliff Drive / Cliff drive placements for League/Tourney
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »
As of First League March 12, 2007
1-Original
2-Long
3-Cliff(Long pad not yet in play---soon)
4-Long
5-Long (look for Pink ribbon, basket is 25' lower, and 40' left from pad)
6-Original
7-Deep Woods (tee from across road still)
8-Short between Trees
9-Original
10-Short
11-Original (use new pad off road)
12-Original
13-Short (tee from Blue Flags)
14-Original
15-Right
16-Original
17-Original
18-Right (Use blue Flagged area new pad)

Look for new pads soon and other changes coming very fast at Cliff Drive in preparation of the Mighty MO

471
Cliff Drive / Tee pads coming-Need help March 24th
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:49:47 PM »
Hey there everyone.  I am in need of your help.  We are going to be getting 200 railroad ties to be used at our courses from KC Southern Railroad.  We need to have 8 trucks that will be able to tow about 2000 lb's as I would like to have each truck carry about 25 ties on a trailer that we are working on for distribution to the courses that need it.  As of now, probably 75-100 are coming to Cliff Drive, 50 to Shawnee Mission, and the remainder TBD, but likely Rosedale and WW.

What I am looking for is volunteers with trucks, and then if you can find a helper, even better.  The theory that I have is that by having 8 trucks, and each truck with 2 people, we only have to move 25 ties a team.  Cliff Drive will have many of them put near the exit from the Down under section to create new stairs similar to what is there to go down.

Speaking of Cliff Drive, we will be getting earth moved in over the next few weeks to start to work on developing teeing areas.  Look for more changes as we continue to work on Cliff Drive.  There is a new Tee of TERROR on #3, that is just north of long placement #2, if you tee from there and go OB, you go down to the existing teeing area as a drop zone.

Please be sure to head out to leagues this week and have some fun with the extra weeks of disc'n.  Look for a meeting to be scheduled soon for the general membership as with the time change, the winter snuck right up on me, and I forgot to schedule one.  We should have it in April.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a note!!

Thanks,

Jack

--
===o  {>[]----

Jack Lowe
President-KCFDC
http://www.KCFDC.org
816.231.3622-H
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

472
General Banter / Need Help March 24th-Can you help?
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »
Hey there everyone.  I am in need of your help.  We are going to be getting 200 railroad ties to be used at our courses from KC Southern Railroad.  We need to have 8 trucks that will be able to tow about 2000 lb's as I would like to have each truck carry about 25 ties on a trailer that we are working on for distribution to the courses that need it.  As of now, probably 75-100 are coming to Cliff Drive, 50 to Shawnee Mission, and the remainder TBD, but likely Rosedale and WW.

What I am looking for is volunteers with trucks, and then if you can find a helper, even better.  The theory that I have is that by having 8 trucks, and each truck with 2 people, we only have to move 25 ties a team.  Cliff Drive will have many of them put near the exit from the Down under section to create new stairs similar to what is there to go down.

Speaking of Cliff Drive, we will be getting earth moved in over the next few weeks to start to work on developing teeing areas.  Look for more changes as we continue to work on Cliff Drive.  There is a new Tee of TERROR on #3, that is just north of long placement #2, if you tee from there and go OB, you go down to the existing teeing area as a drop zone.

Please be sure to head out to leagues this week and have some fun with the extra weeks of disc'n.  Look for a meeting to be scheduled soon for the general membership as with the time change, the winter snuck right up on me, and I forgot to schedule one.  We should have it in April.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a note!!

Thanks,

Jack

--
===o  {>[]----

Jack Lowe
President-KCFDC
http://www.KCFDC.org
816.231.3622-H
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

473
Tournaments / KC Ice Bowl-Sunday and Chili contest
« on: January 25, 2007, 09:54:55 AM »
If you did not konw the ice bowl was Sunday, then look at the front page!!  Who is stepping up?

I wanna know who is brining in some tasty Chili this year for the "ICE BOWL"?  With the temperatures in the low double digits expected, the Chili needs to be hot.  We will try to get a generator out there again, but those of you with your gas powered heat, come on out.  Last year we had I think 24 types of chili, this year lets do the same.

Chime in with what kind of chili you are bringning, or if it is a secret, that you are bringing in chili.

Lets get it started!!

Jack

474
General Banter / ICE BOwl-who has the wining Chili?
« on: January 25, 2007, 09:53:29 AM »

Alright,

I wanna know who is brining in some tasty Chili this year for the "ICE BOWL"?  With the temperatures in the low double digits expected, the Chili needs to be hot.  We will try to get a generator out there again, but those of you with your gas powered heat, come on out.  Last year we had I think 24 types of chili, this year lets do the same.

Chime in with what kind of chili you are bringning, or if it is a secret, that you are bringing in chili.

Lets get it started!!

Jack

475
Cliff Drive / LSD VI-Sunday 9/1 Most people don't work Monday!!
« on: August 02, 2006, 10:41:28 PM »
Lance Stanton Doubles VI

This is the event that brought the course to Cliff Drive!! Continue to be a part of the history!!

I am proud to host once again the Lance Stanton Doubles Event on Sunday September 1 (Sunday of Labor Day Weekend-No work Monday for many!) This is a bring your own partner event, but those without are encouraged to show up as some may not have a partner. Last year we had 58 players, I want 74 this year! Come and get your pieces of the rock!

Entry Fees-
$20/person-Open
$10/Person-All other Divisions
Add-
$3/person Ace Fund
$2/person non-KCFDC Member

Registration from 9:00-10:00

Tee Off-10:30

Round 1-Best Shot

Round 2-666 format

Holes 1-6 Alternate Shot
Holes 7-12 Best Shot
Holes 13-18 Worst Shot (as determined by the other team(s))

Thats right a switch in the 6-6-6 format to WORST shot this year.

If no Aces hit CF gets more $$$$. This is a fund raiser for Cystic Fibrosis, to have checks tax deductible, please make out your contribution directly to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation. If you are able to make donations please let me know and I will get your name and organization in the program (electronic artwork is preferred, or a biz card if nothing else!). Looking for CTP prizes for all levels, Chiefs TIX would be great, restaraunt vouchers, shirts, hats, you name it, will give it away(ask your local boss for some goodies to help your bad disc golf habit and get others hooked)!!

Here are the winners from LSD V 2005

LaRon Harrison & Eric McCabe Open

Dick (Parker) & Tracey (Walker) Adv

Brain Gammon & Dan Coffman Adv Mstr

Becky & Maul Mixed

Please contact me directly for information
Jack

476
Tournaments / LSD VI-Doubles Cliff Drive Sunday 9/3
« on: August 02, 2006, 10:33:14 PM »
Lance Stanton Doubles VI

This is the event that brought the course to Cliff Drive!!  Continue to be a part of the history!!

I am proud to host once again the Lance Stanton Doubles Event on Sunday September 1 (Sunday of Labor Day Weekend-No work Monday for many!)  This is a bring your own partner event, but those without are encouraged to show up as some may not have a partner.  Last year we had 58 players, I want 74 this year!  Come and get your pieces of the rock!

Entry Fees-
$20/person-Open
$10/Person-All other Divisions
Add-
$3/person Ace Fund
$2/person non-KCFDC Member

Registration from 9:00-10:00

Tee Off-10:30

Round 1-Best Shot

Round 2-666 format

Holes 1-6 Alternate Shot
Holes 7-12 Best Shot
Holes 13-18 Worst Shot (as determined by the other team(s))

Thats right a switch in the 6-6-6 format to WORST shot this year.

If no Aces hit CF gets more $$$$.   This is a fund raiser for Cystic Fibrosis, to have checks tax deductible, please make out your contribution directly to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation.  If you are able to make donations please let me know and I will get your name and organization in the program (electronic artwork is preferred, or a biz card if nothing else!).  Looking for CTP prizes for all levels, Chiefs TIX would be great, restaraunt vouchers, shirts, hats, you name it, will give it away(ask your local boss for some goodies to help your bad disc golf habit and get others hooked)!!

Here are the winners from LSD V 2005

LaRon Harrison & Eric McCabe Open

Dick (Parker) & Tracey (Walker) Adv

Brain Gammon & Dan Coffman Adv Mstr

Becky & Maul Mixed

Please contact me directly for information
Jack

477
Tournaments / Lions Den Cliff Drive Sunday August 13
« on: August 02, 2006, 10:21:44 PM »
Cliff Drive Probably start ~1 or so, this is the birthday bash for all you Leo's and your friends.  Entry should be ~$15 which will include food and drink, custom prize discs, and a band playing.  More info as I get it.  Will be working on the course next week to get it ready.  As the logo gets ready and I get home I will post more information.

478
General Banter / WW Clean Up June 24 8-noon
« on: June 16, 2006, 09:08:15 AM »
Get out here and HELP.  This goes a long way towards the continued work of the disc golf course and our partnership to ensure that the course stays in at WW.  PLEASE HELP!


based on conversations with course coordinator Terry Adams:
Mulch tees and baskets as needed;
trim up and clean the right side of the 13 fairway;
rake the 9 fairway
clean up the leaves along the road/walls
Clean out the downed tree by #3 tee pad
Have P&R look at the metal pipe sticking out of ground by #5 tee pad (just south of Terrapin Station)
remove trees with survey flags by them (George and I started this, there are a few others that I tagged George)
raise tree limbs on the East side of road on N Oak entrance
Remove Ballards on old road #3 fairway
Clear new growth on #6 trail to #7 continue to build rock wall (small) trail to help with erosion

I am hopeful that we should get our expected volunteers of 10-15 people next Saturday morning.  For the club listeing here, please post to me or to Terry that you can help.  I need to have 4 leaders responsible for the following areas:
Leader 1-Hole #1-4 &7 practice basket
Leader 2-Holes 5,6, 8-11 Circle practice basket
Leadern 3-Holes 12, 13, 17, 18 long 8 placement
Leader 4- 14, 15, 16

Please let me know your time and plan of attack.  I would like to meet with all the leaders mext Thursday at League, where hopefully we can all play a round together and eyeball the course.

Thanks,


Jack

CD-I would like to have you and a few others work with the scouts towards the end of the event to help.  I will bring some discs for the kids.

Thanks,

Jack
--
===o {>[]----

Jack Lowe
President-KCFDC
http://www.KCFDC.org
816.231.3622-H
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"


-------------- Original message from Carolyn Vellar <cvellar@kc.rr.com>: --------------


> Thank you everyone for attending the WW Park Cleanup Planning meeting
> today! I appreciate all of you helping with this project.
>
> Summary:
>
> Jack Lowe and April McCrary will prioritize the projects that need to be
> done - divide the part into quadrants - Jack will assign someone from
> the Disc Golf Club to be in charge of each quadrant - so when volunteers
> show up - they will be directed to a place and project.
>
> P.O. Jason Brungardt will notify community service workers to meet at
> the park - approximately 12 volunteers
>
> Chris German and Janet Preece will notify cub scouts and parents of
> project - approximately 10-15 volunteers
>
> Mary Lappin - Water Services Dept. - will make sure that security is
> aware of the project and will arrange for 4-5 cases of KC water be
> delivered to park for project.
>
> George - Brian - April - will over see projects - make sure we have
> enough supplies.
>
> Carolyn will send out e mail invitations to neighborhood residents to
> volunteer for project - also a press release. Hopefully recruit more
> volunteers.
>
> Carolyn will get Ice, coffee, cups etc, bagels, donuts, cookies for
> project day.
>
> This will be a fun project - thank you all for helping! See you on
> Saturday - June 24th - project is scheduled for 8am to noon. I will try
> to be there by 7:30 at the latest. Please let me know if you have
> suggestions, questions etc.
>
> Carolyn Vellar
> Community Coordinator
> Northland Community Alliance
> 816-830-9124

479
Water Works / WW Clean Up June 24 8-noon
« on: June 16, 2006, 09:07:47 AM »
Get out here and HELP.  This goes a long way towards the continued work of the disc golf course and our partnership to ensure that the course stays in at WW.  PLEASE HELP!


based on conversations with course coordinator Terry Adams:
Mulch tees and baskets as needed;
trim up and clean the right side of the 13 fairway;
rake the 9 fairway
clean up the leaves along the road/walls
Clean out the downed tree by #3 tee pad
Have P&R look at the metal pipe sticking out of ground by #5 tee pad (just south of Terrapin Station)
remove trees with survey flags by them (George and I started this, there are a few others that I tagged George)
raise tree limbs on the East side of road on N Oak entrance
Remove Ballards on old road #3 fairway
Clear new growth on #6 trail to #7 continue to build rock wall (small) trail to help with erosion

I am hopeful that we should get our expected volunteers of 10-15 people next Saturday morning.  For the club listeing here, please post to me or to Terry that you can help.  I need to have 4 leaders responsible for the following areas:
Leader 1-Hole #1-4 &7 practice basket
Leader 2-Holes 5,6, 8-11 Circle practice basket
Leadern 3-Holes 12, 13, 17, 18 long 8 placement
Leader 4- 14, 15, 16

Please let me know your time and plan of attack.  I would like to meet with all the leaders mext Thursday at League, where hopefully we can all play a round together and eyeball the course.

Thanks,


Jack

CD-I would like to have you and a few others work with the scouts towards the end of the event to help.  I will bring some discs for the kids.

Thanks,

Jack
--
===o {>[]----

Jack Lowe
President-KCFDC
http://www.KCFDC.org
816.231.3622-H
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"


-------------- Original message from Carolyn Vellar <cvellar@kc.rr.com>: --------------


> Thank you everyone for attending the WW Park Cleanup Planning meeting
> today! I appreciate all of you helping with this project.
>
> Summary:
>
> Jack Lowe and April McCrary will prioritize the projects that need to be
> done - divide the part into quadrants - Jack will assign someone from
> the Disc Golf Club to be in charge of each quadrant - so when volunteers
> show up - they will be directed to a place and project.
>
> P.O. Jason Brungardt will notify community service workers to meet at
> the park - approximately 12 volunteers
>
> Chris German and Janet Preece will notify cub scouts and parents of
> project - approximately 10-15 volunteers
>
> Mary Lappin - Water Services Dept. - will make sure that security is
> aware of the project and will arrange for 4-5 cases of KC water be
> delivered to park for project.
>
> George - Brian - April - will over see projects - make sure we have
> enough supplies.
>
> Carolyn will send out e mail invitations to neighborhood residents to
> volunteer for project - also a press release. Hopefully recruit more
> volunteers.
>
> Carolyn will get Ice, coffee, cups etc, bagels, donuts, cookies for
> project day.
>
> This will be a fun project - thank you all for helping! See you on
> Saturday - June 24th - project is scheduled for 8am to noon. I will try
> to be there by 7:30 at the latest. Please let me know if you have
> suggestions, questions etc.
>
> Carolyn Vellar
> Community Coordinator
> Northland Community Alliance
> 816-830-9124

480
Water Works / 6-15-league
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:54:18 PM »
21 people showed up to play the long wide Open layout at Water Works tonight, steady winds of 17mph out of the south temperature in the 92 to start, finish up at a balmy 88......Winds were tough on #1 and #14.  very few 3's on #1 tonight.

Open
La Ron Harris-50-$14
Jake Bowen-52-$9
Nick Potts-56-$5 (left before he got cash, free league next week for Nick!)
Arturo Villarreal-58 (Nice to see he's cooled down to us normal players! :))
Brian Gammon-58
Bobby Villarreal-59
Jack Lowe-59
Rick Mollenkamp-60
Demian Vela-63
John Chapman-69
Bob Hartness-77

Masters
Dan Coffman-56-$8
John Buckle-58
Doug Kantro-61

Women
Linda Arbeitman-62-$8
Tavish Sanders-65
Angela Plitsch-75

Advanced
Tony Dutiel-63-$7 KcKash (Owed)
Greg Utz-65-$5 KcKash (Owed-Paid Dues-Gave Chappy Info & $)
Joe Van Kirk-73
Mike Penney-74[/b]

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35