Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - jack

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 360
4951
General Banter / Call for you to HELP-Do you want to make a difference?
« on: October 17, 2007, 10:11:27 AM »
It is that time again for the fall elections.  I would like to know if you are interested in making a difference in the way that disc golf is formulated around Kansas City.

The positions that are up for election are as follows:

President

Vice President of MO

Treasurer

Secretary (Former resigned)

All Course Coordinators:
Swope
Rosedale
Olathe
Down Under
Water Works
WyCo
Cliff Drive
Blue Valley
Shawnee Mission Park

In addition to these offices, we would also like to start to work with people that want to help with the 2009 Pro/Am Worlds and start to set up committees to make this event run smooth.  The Committees will vary, and will want to use your expertise in many areas to help us out.  The location for the meeting is to be determined, but with the by-laws, we need to have 30 days notice.  We are looking at the 13-15th of November to make this happen.  The Club Championships will be November 3-4

If you are interested in this position please contact Tavish Sanders our Sgt/Arms (913) 449-8381 or Dirk Hacker Vp of KS (816) 678-4468.

Here are the by-laws for the election process.

6. Nomination and elections of EC members. An election committee, consisting of two members of the EC who are not up for re-election, shall ensure that the elections are held according to the bylaws, including ensuring that the nominated members are active and are willing to accept their nominations. A call of nominations will be announced to all active (dues-paid) members via postal mail and/or email notification 30 days before the fall general membership meeting. An active member may nominate any other active member, including him or herself. The election committee shall announce the nominees for each office, and then ask for further nominations from the floor. Nominees from the floor must be present and agree to run before their nominations are accepted. All nominees (or their proxies) will have the opportunity to speak to the membership and answer questions. Ballots will be distributed as needed. All ballots will be collected and counted by the Election Committee, who will announce the winner before moving to the next officer to be elected. Each office will be voted on separately in this order: President, VP of MO, Treasurer, and the CCs in alphabetical order or VP of KS, Secretary, Sgt-At-Arms, and the CCs in alphabetical order. All at-large officers will serve two-year terms, with the President, VP of MO, and the Treasurer elected in odd-numbered years, and VP of KS, Secretary, and Sergeant-at-Arms elected in even-numbered years. Course Coordinators will serve one-year terms. Newly elected officers will assume office at the first Executive Committee meeting following their elections.

I would encourage you to use this forum to post why you feel qualified to handle the role you are requesting, and will create another forum to discuss the candidates.

Jack

4952
General Banter / Call for you to HELP-Do you want to make a difference?
« on: October 17, 2007, 09:55:30 AM »
It is that time again for the fall elections.  I would like to know if you are interested in making a difference in the way that disc golf is formulated around Kansas City.

The positions that are up for election are as follows:

President

Vice President of MO

Treasurer

Secretary (Former resigned)

All Course Coordinators:
Swope
Rosedale
Olathe
Down Under
Water Works
WyCo
Cliff Drive
Blue Valley
Shawnee Mission Park

In addition to these offices, we would also like to start to work with people that want to help with the 2009 Pro/Am Worlds and start to set up committees to make this event run smooth.  The Committees will vary, and will want to use your expertise in many areas to help us out.  The location for the meeting is to be determined, but with the by-laws, we need to have 30 days notice.  We are looking at the 13-15th of November to make this happen.  The Club Championships will be November 3-4

If you are interested in this position please contact Tavish Sanders our Sgt/Arms (913) 449-8381 or Dirk Hacker Vp of KS (816) 678-4468.

Here are the by-laws for the election process.

6. Nomination and elections of EC members. An election committee, consisting of two members of the EC who are not up for re-election, shall ensure that the elections are held according to the bylaws, including ensuring that the nominated members are active and are willing to accept their nominations. A call of nominations will be announced to all active (dues-paid) members via postal mail and/or email notification 30 days before the fall general membership meeting. An active member may nominate any other active member, including him or herself. The election committee shall announce the nominees for each office, and then ask for further nominations from the floor. Nominees from the floor must be present and agree to run before their nominations are accepted. All nominees (or their proxies) will have the opportunity to speak to the membership and answer questions. Ballots will be distributed as needed. All ballots will be collected and counted by the Election Committee, who will announce the winner before moving to the next officer to be elected. Each office will be voted on separately in this order: President, VP of MO, Treasurer, and the CCs in alphabetical order or VP of KS, Secretary, Sgt-At-Arms, and the CCs in alphabetical order. All at-large officers will serve two-year terms, with the President, VP of MO, and the Treasurer elected in odd-numbered years, and VP of KS, Secretary, and Sergeant-at-Arms elected in even-numbered years. Course Coordinators will serve one-year terms. Newly elected officers will assume office at the first Executive Committee meeting following their elections.


I will follow up with a posting on who has expressed an interst as they come in.

4953
General Banter / Re: Lee's Summit Course close-need some support
« on: October 15, 2007, 02:22:11 PM »
Whoooaaa.

Lets lok at this, and realize that yo-u altered your post after my comments, so I am not really in a position to remember everything that you said and how I responded to it, but I will give it my best shot.

"If they have no intentions of putting one in why worry about it?  There are plenty of places with courses going in, just because one is not "in your backyard" does not mean that you should push an item that may alienate the P&R from future usage.  I would suggext talking with me about it prior to going forward."

What that is telling me is that you had already discussed with the land owners and that they were not going to put in a disc golf course in the area.  What also is not listed here is that at this time we were already knowing that a park was being looked at in Lees Summit at Pottberg Park, but was still in its infancy stages.  I also "suggest" that you talk wtih me prior to giong forward.  I never heard from you in regards with this, there are many things that I will say to someone on the phone, or better yet in person to actually discuss, and get into a constructive conversation that will not probably happen in a discussion room of a forum.


  "I have worked on the development of 4 courses in the area, and talked with people from Lees Summit and Harrisonville about courses."

Here I indicate that I have already talked with the people in these areas, and knew of the chances for courses going in but do not disclose this, because things aer moving forward, and sometimes they fall apart.

"I understand the desire to use land that you feel may be great, but there is quite a bit of history with the club members and who has heard what, and talked with who, it would make you more informed in any case."

Again this sums up what I was saying to begin with, TALK to someone, come to a meeting, make a phone call and figure out how to get things done, typing in a FORUM is typically not going to get an answer, it will only give ideas.  Answers are still made by people, and generally not on a machine.

Agree whole heartedly that others can step up but you need to also be a part of that process, not type something and feel disrespected.

Hope this helps, I understand your frustration, but again better communication would be advised.  My name and number and contact information is available all over the place that you are upset about, the internet, so when I say I never heard, I did never hear.  I read and type many comments, and maybe this is why I choose to stay away from some porums, but the KC one I think makes sense, as all of us can learn by it, and use it to help us better communicate, which is what i think happened here to cause your pain.

Jack

4954
General Banter / Re: Club Championships 11/3-11/4
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:45:15 PM »
first afternoon it is heading to the 4rds

4955
General Banter / Re: Lee's Summit Course close-need some support
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:59:02 PM »
What Harsh words were you met with?  I find that hard to believe, I do remember talking with someone about a course last year, but I also know that I have been talking with the Lees Summitt P&R for about 2 years now on disc related issues.  I doubt that you were met with Harsh words, but I also know for a fact that no one has ever presented to the KCFDC an idea about a course or asked to be a part of the meetings to discuss this issue.

The P&R are the folks that are pushing this venue, not the KCFDC, and they felt as though that the Pottberg Park made more sense, and probably did until the neighborhood association vetoed it down.

I fully doubt that any one specifically told you to not push the issue, we actually work very hard at manking sure that we can support all disc golf efforts.

Call me off line if you have any questions.  My phone is always on.

Jack

4956
General Banter / Club Championships 11/3-11/4
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:28:10 PM »
Lets see what the internet thinks.  This is not going to change this year probably, but I am curious as to what others think.  Tell your friends to vote!

4957
General Banter / Re: club championship?
« on: October 12, 2007, 08:35:55 AM »
Right now we are working on the format for the championships.  It appears as though we are going to do a 2-day, 11/3-11/4 4 round event, with no picnic at least sponsored by the club.  We are deciding what courses to use, and the votes are giong to be needed to determine that 3-4 round event.

We will then have a more formalized meeting the following Wednesday on the 7th or the 14th that will be the fall meeting and elections.  I just have been working on this over the week, and I am needing one more vote from a member of the EC to have all the votes in.  It will definately be 2 days, now the matter is how many rounds.  It is very close right now, and the last vote will matter.

Will keep you all posted as we move forward.

Thanks,

Jack

4958
I will be there, I think that Tim Duffy will be there, Mark Morales, says that he will be there for part of the day, if you have kids, come on out and help.  I am planning on taking my kids out there as well.....wuold be nice to see more activity with fathers and mothers and children, here is a gret chance to enjoy all sorts of fun on Saturday.

Jack

4959
Tournaments / Re: LS Doubles
« on: October 10, 2007, 01:42:01 PM »
I am thinking that it will happen the Friday after thanksgiving.....but not 100% sure yet.

4960
General Banter / Re: Lee's Summit Course close-need some support
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:44:48 AM »
Page 122 is where the disc golf starts......some concerns are valid, some are not, but it is their land.  They made the choice.



As you can tell from the previous comments, here is a follow up from teh P&R of Lees Summitt.  We need to have you that live in teh area and are in support to attend this meeting please.  The lack of people in attendance for the Pottberg Park was not the issue, it was simply the homeowners not wanting to expand their nesting communtiy to disc golfers.  Change is hard for many to come by.  Lets ee what we can build from here.

Jack,

As you can probably gather, we have scrapped plans for disc golf at
Pottberg Park.  There was too much voiced opposition to using the park
for disc golf.  We still believe there is strong support for a course in
Lee's Summit so we are looking for feasible sites.  The shelter venue at
the park has much more parking accessible and also restrooms in place.

 

As for invitees, please extend the invitation to your club.  We would
particularly like to see support from club members in this area of the
metro.  Our park board is very supportive of building a course and will
be a priority for them to review in the next fiscal budget which will
start to commence early in '08.

 

-----Original Message-----
From: jlowekc@att.net [mailto:jlowekc@att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 10:15 AM
To: Steve Casey
Subject: Re: Disc Golf Committee Meeting

 

Steve,

 

Do you want this open to all excited about the disc golf possibility, or
just members of the board from our group?

 

Please advise.  I also have a fellow Kiwani member that lives in the
area that is in support of disc golf,  Roger Kelly.  I will work on
making sure that he is in attendance if his schedule permits.

 

Thanks,

 

Jack

--
===o {>[]----

Jack Lowe
President-KCFDC
http://www.KCFDC.org
816.231.3622-H
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

   

   -------------- Original message from "Steve Casey"
<Steve.Casey@lees-summit.mo.us>: --------------

   Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation would like to invite you to
attend a work session to discuss plans for a disc golf course at Legacy
Park.  The meeting will be held at the large park shelter at Legacy Park
on Monday evening October 22nd at 5:30pm (weather permitting).  If
weather prohibits us from meeting on site, we will move the meeting to
the City Hall Parks offices.  The focus of the meeting will be to review
and discuss the feasibility of developing a course on existing park
property and review conceptual layout plans.  We hope you can attend.

   

   Directions to the Legacy Park Shelters:

   Take Colbern Road east to Blackwell Parkway.  Turn south on
Blackwell to Coneflower Rd.  (Coneflower is first left).  Take
Coneflower east to the shelter parking area.

   

   Steve Casey, RLA, ASLA

   Assistant Superintendent of Park Planning and Development

   Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation


4961
Tournaments / Re: City of Fountains?
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »
tavish is playing as for the woman playing comment

4962
Tournaments / Re: City of Fountains?
« on: October 05, 2007, 08:44:14 AM »
City of Fountains in Kansas City this Saturday October 6th!!

There will be at least $200 in added cash, if not $300.

River Market and Waldo PIzza have given quite a few gift certifiactes for CTP's.

River Market is also giving away a free beer with any food purchase for us after the event.  So please head down there after the tourney.  A band starts at 9, so if you like music stay awhile.  If you dont, leave early.

Adrianne the bartender has said that she will take care of us to all of our hearts delight!

Registration should start ~8:30 @ Blue Valley.  I could use a little help moving a few baskets tot he short placements....#1, #17, #18.  I did not reserve the big shelter, so if someone is there, I will be by #1 shelter.  With all the local big dogs at the USDGC, you as well could have your name on the winners trophy, come on out and play!!

4963
Shawnee Mission / Re: Course installation update
« on: September 27, 2007, 04:54:14 PM »
because the park said so.  We do it at their speed Tom, not ours.  It is their land, and this has been a long time in the making.  Ed and Jake first went to meetings for this over 6-7 years ago, and we are just now at thit point.  A few months longer is going to help us, not hurt us.

Hope that helps.

Jack

4964
Tournaments / Re: City of Fountains?
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »
Real quick.

Yes it is happening.

Location is different even from what I have said to a few people.  It is going to be at Blue Valley in the morning, then Cliff Drive in the afternoon.

River Market is giving us Buy one get one free beer after the event, so we will not have a keg this year at the event, and hopefully no one will drive their car through my house this year as happened last year.

Entries are pretty simple:

Open Men-$50
All other Pro divisions $35

Advanced divisions $20

Intermediate/Rec divisions $15

There will be an additional $5 PDGA fee to pay for non members

$3 Ace Fund 50/50 split CTP at end of round if none hit

Registration at Blue Valley from 8-9:30

Look for more information as I get things going together for this event.  Yes I am listed as TD, but that is because I paid for it at the beginning of the year.  I am working with the people that have ran the event in the past, and will make sure that it does happen.  It will be very low key, and Blue Valley will probably NOT be in the LONGEST setting (esp 17 & 18) everything else may be, but they will be in the short placements.

River Market is going to be the place to play afterward, look for a little more information as things get closer to next week.

New job, takes time, and I am sorry for not being around as much lately, I hope to change that as I will not be traveling in the new position.  Bear with me as we move forward.

Thanks,

Jack

4965
Cliff Drive / League 9/10
« on: September 12, 2007, 10:04:35 AM »
Jamie -56
Brian -57
Jack --57
Chris--60
Andrew--61
Daniel--62
Angie--67(58 handicapped for bag-tag, and her personal BEST on the course with the 67!!  She was an up shot machine the card said, dialed in on 200' shots for sure!!)
Brad-67

Reminder tee off on Monday at 5:30 please.  Call if your running late, exceptions can be made, CAN...
:)
913.485.5123

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 360