Similar to the points league I ran at Swope last year, I'm going to run a "traveling" league of sort. You simply pay the league fee up front, and continue to play the standard mini rounds. Here are the details.
- This will be a handicapped league. Handicap will be based on rating, not on score. So so shooting a 54 (950 rated) at Swope has the same handicap weight as a 62 (950 rated) at WyCo. I have the spreadsheet to calculate round ratings, and will continue to do it this year. Strokes will be calculated to the nearest stroke.
- The handicap formula will be .8 * [ (1000 - rating) / 9 ]. This means that if you under a 1000 player rating you will have strokes subtracted from your score, and if you have over a 1000 player rating, you will have strokes added to your score.
An example of the point distribution for a night
- The league will run from the beginning of May to the end of June.
- Prior to the league season, each participant must form a KCFDC player rating by playing in at least 3 leagues.
- The cost the play in the league is $30. This must be paid up front.
- Each week, 2 current "mini" leagues will be chosen. For example, league could be at Cliff Drive and WyCo that week. Those will be the only 2 opportunities to play for points that week.
- The participants will play in the regular mini. I will handicap adjust each of the league player's score, and give each participant a point for finishing the round, and a point for each person IN THE POINTS SERIES they beat OR tie.
- 2 of the 16 leagues will be double points leagues. While not mandatory to attend, it would behoove you to do so. The double points league nights will be on the 2 least established league courses: Legacy Park on the 21st of May, and Shawnee Mission Park on the 29th of June.
- Each participant can keep their 10 best scores. If you don't have 10 scores, then what you do have will be used. If you have more than 10 scores, only your top 10 will be used.
- At the end of the league, each person's best 10 scores will be summed. The total of all the points in play will be summed, and the pool will be divided by this total. This ensures that everyone will be paid out something.
Juliana shoots a 55 with a handicap of 5. Her score is 50. She gets 5 points.
Kenny shoots a 60 with a handicap of 3. His score is 57. He gets 4 points.
Barry shoots a 54 with a handicap of -3. His score is 57. He gets 4 points.
Nikko shoots a 58 with a handicap of 0. His score is 58. He gets 2 points.
Dave DNFs. He gets no points.An example of the purse payout
Juliana - 75 points
Kenny - 50 points
Barry - 40 points
Nikko - 40 points
Dave - 20 points
Total - 225 points
Total purse - $1000
Total purse / total points = 1000 / 225 = 4.44 dollars /point
Juliana - $333
Kenny - $222
Barry - $177.60
Nikko - $177.60
Dave - $88.80Schedule
Monday 3 - Cliff Drive
Wednesday 5 - Rosedale
Tuesday 11 - Swope
Thursday 13 - Waterworks
Monday 17 - Prairie Center
Friday 21 - Legacy (double points)
Tuesday 25 - Shawnee Mission Park
Friday 28 - WyCo
Tuesday 1 - Swope
Friday 4 - Legacy
Wednesday 9 - Rosedale
Thursday 10 - Waterworks
Monday 21 - Cliff Drive
Friday 25 - WyCo
Monday 28 - Prairie Center
Tuesday 29 - Shawnee Mission Park (double points)