« on: April 14, 2011, 07:11:02 AM »
Here is a piece of an email I got from DD. Talking to some people and they said they had not gotten it.
The Emporia Country Club will open the 'gates' to the public at 9am on Friday. Rounds will be $6 cash only to the ECC. It is important to understand and follow the expected rules of conduct while on the country club facility.
* NO outside food or beverage is allowed on the Emporia Country Club facility. Snacks that can fit in to your bag and a water bottle are acceptable.
* April 15th practice starts at 9am ($6 per round)
* Golf carts will not be used for the event except to shuttle players from hole 18 to hole 1 or the club house.
* Lunch and dinner are available at the ECC and highly encouraged! There will also be a 'concession stand' booth set up to pick up snacks or a small meal.
* Alcohol will be for sale at all times at the ECC.
* Water will be positioned on the course from the ECC grounds crew!
Country Club etiquette is required at all times while at the facility
* Performance or collared shirt MUST be worn. If the weather is cold then make sure that you look good! If you have a caddy, the same applies.
* No Tye Dye apparel allowed on the facility (yes, rich country club folk don't approve:))
* Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated in any way, shape, or form. Kicking your bag! Cursing! Littering, which includes cigarette butts! etc! You will be asked to leave the premises immediately with no refund.
* Any illegal substance used on the Emporia Country Club property will remove you from the GBO with no refund. The country club property does include the parking lot.
* No outside food or beverage is allowed. Snacks that you can fit in your bag are fine!
* These rules are being strictly enforced because we have a unique opportunity to expand disc golf in Emporia on a members only country club. We are getting one shot at this! Please don't mess it up!
Everyone is STRONGLY encouraged to be in attendance at the 8am players meeting at Jones Park Saturday morning. Getting all 350+ players together at one time will be very impressive and something that you don't want to miss out on. This will take approximately 20 minutes which allows for plenty of time to travel to the ECC or Peter Pan if you are playing there and still get warmed up. The first round starts at 9am but if players are rushing around to get settled in and warmed up at the ECC or Peter Pan then the respective course TD's will delay the start to allow for extra time.
We are very excited to have everyone in town and want to make sure that your experience is enjoyable from the time that you show up until the time that you leave.