The Frontier disc golf course will be the site of the 21st Annual Frontier Open September 10 and 11 in Hays. The tournament is a Professional Disc Golf Association B-tier sanctioned event and part of the Kansas Disc Golf Association's annual Oz Tour.
The Frontier open features 72 holes of golf, alternate tee pads, alternate pin placements, closest to pin shots, an ace fund and a putting contest. This year participants will play three rounds of 24 holes. There are divisions for all players at all skill levels. The divisions and fees are as follows:
Pro women, $65;
Advanced men, $50;
Advanced masters, $50;
Advanced women, $50;
Intermediate men, $35;
Intermediate women, $35;
Non-PDGA members will pay an additional $5 fee. Registration begins at 7:00 a.m. Saturday; for pre-registration visit www.maceman.com
. Pay out is based on the number of participants and sponsors. All tournaments are subject to change. Participants should contact the tournament director the day before the tournament for updates/changes.
21st Annual Frontier Open List of Events
This year participants will play three rounds of 24 holes. There will be six temporary holes added to the existing course.
Friday, September 9 east side Frontier Park (pavilion near Tee #15).
• 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Registration.
• 6:30 p.m. Random Draw Doubles competition, Pro and Am pool. The cost will be $10 per person.
Saturday, September 10 east side Frontier Park.
• 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Last call Registration.
• 8:45 a.m. Players meeting.
• 9:00 a.m. Round 1 Tee off.
• One hour lunch break when last group finishes round 1.
• (TBA) Player’s meeting.
• (TBA) Round 2 Tee off.
• 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. Players Party (location to be announced).
Sunday, September 11 east side Frontier Park.
• 9:45 a.m. Players meeting.
• 10:00 a.m. Round 3 Tee off
• (TBA) Awards Ceremony.
The first 90 participants to register will be guaranteed a 21st Annual T-shirt, disc, mini and booklet in the players package.
Hope to see you there!!!