Author Topic: Liberty - BRC League Night 9/29  (Read 1609 times)

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Liberty - BRC League Night 9/29
« on: September 24, 2014, 08:35:01 AM »
Hey everyone,

A coop use agreement has been made between Liberty Parks and Rec and the club.  We have been given permission to begin leagues and they will likely be on Monday nights moving forward.  We are running short on daylight and I advised Liberty Parks & Rec that we probably wouldn't get any more than one or two league nights in this year before we are playing in total darkness.  They said that we could maybe do a glow league here or there, but that the park does close at sunset.  That being said, I'm trying to gauge interest for a league on 9/29 and possibly 10/6 if we think we can squeeze it.  We would need to tee by 5:30 at the latest and would certainly be playing all the shorter pins.  I would send out cards as soon as you have a 3 some, but admittedly I won't be able to get there until 5:15 at best.  Is it worth starting up this year?  Can I get a few verbal commitments?  Shall we just wait until spring and let the grass really take hold that was seeded during the course implementation?  Thoughts?

Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Bill the TD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty - BRC League Night 9/29
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 09:11:35 AM »
I would be up for it.  Cliff is done for the year and Liberty is a fine course.
Bill

biscuit

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:27:52 AM »
If it happens I will be there.

Clint
KCFDC#1377
PDGA#67008

Charles B

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 11:33:29 AM »
I would definitely be interested and would plan on being there.

FYI, I tried to play the course Monday, even left work early to make sure and get there with plenty of daylight left only to arrive and there was a cross country meet in progress. I checked the Liberty schedule and didn't see anything listed for Monday but I don't know if other schools use the course as well?  Is there a way to find out when a meet will be using the course?

For anyone who doesn't know yet, there is a sign installed between the road and hole 1 tee pad with a large map of the course showing all of the pin locations.  Speaking of pin locations... do you know if there are any plans to move any of the blue baskets to their alternate locations anytime soon? 

Hey everyone,

A coop use agreement has been made between Liberty Parks and Rec and the club.  We have been given permission to begin leagues and they will likely be on Monday nights moving forward.  We are running short on daylight and I advised Liberty Parks & Rec that we probably wouldn't get any more than one or two league nights in this year before we are playing in total darkness.  They said that we could maybe do a glow league here or there, but that the park does close at sunset.  That being said, I'm trying to gauge interest for a league on 9/29 and possibly 10/6 if we think we can squeeze it.  We would need to tee by 5:30 at the latest and would certainly be playing all the shorter pins.  I would send out cards as soon as you have a 3 some, but admittedly I won't be able to get there until 5:15 at best.  Is it worth starting up this year?  Can I get a few verbal commitments?  Shall we just wait until spring and let the grass really take hold that was seeded during the course implementation?  Thoughts?

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:48:10 AM »
If anything, we will be making sure all pins are in the short for league purposes the last two weeks.  If the leagues do not happen, then John and I will begin mixing the pin locations up a bit so people can experience the other locations. 
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:59:34 AM »
some holes need to be left in the most visible position until the tee signs are in.  we need to be catering to the casual golfers and i like to use the "keep it simple" method.  if baskets are blind, then casuals may be turned off but walking around searching for baskes.   I would like to avoid that experience and continue to grow the sport.  i have run into may first timers that love the shorter tees and visible baskets.  keeping baskets visible is important for now.  if you are getting bored with the basket locations, play the golds, play the shorts to the gold :).  the course is not officially open.   

Baskets will get moved soon.  Please be patient.  Course did go in the ground in a year and half, which is pretty good when considering the woods clearing on  holes 2,3,4, 6,7,9,,12,13,15,16., plus the  seeding, ivy spraying, mound building, brush hogging etc. 

Bill the TD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »
Where are the multiple positions that you speak of?  I saw some PVC caps with rope are they the additional placements?

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 01:22:14 PM »
Where are the multiple positions that you speak of?  I saw some PVC caps with rope are they the additional placements?

Yep, holes 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10?, 12, 13, 15, 16?, 17 and 18 all have multiple blue placements I believe. 
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »
The green plastic caps with a rope through the middle are the alt pins.  you are correct Bill. 

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 08:29:31 PM »
In lieu of the Monday Night Chiefs football game on 9/29 and disappearing daylight, I'm going to postpone league until next spring.  We are just going to be cutting it too close.  That being said, we may try to get in a few glow leagues and I will keep everyone posted on that.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

nobody

• Novice Poster
  • bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
the short pads to gold baskets are awesome just tried them for the first time last weekend. still pretty tricky to hit a 3 but did on #'s 4, 12, and 14
NORTHSIDE!!!