Author Topic: East Vs. West 2016--June 18th and 19th Location TBD  (Read 12039 times)

Nova

• Pro Poster
  • I meant for it to do that.
    • View Profile
Re: East Vs. West 2016--June 18th and 19th Location TBD
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »
This is pretty crappy. Joe and Zeke decided they *might* open up a spot or two for women. And somehow, the women are the bad guys. I will not rescind putting my name in the hat, because I stand by my word. But definitely wonder how welcome I would feel.
I'll bet everyone would be glad to see you. There's a few people who like to talk sh1t on the forum, but every experience I've had in KC disc golf with real people face-to-face has been a positive one. (Well, minus one time, but that was someone who sh1t-talks me on the forum too, so go figure.)
Nova P. -- PDGA #74995 -- KCFDC #1860

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »
There's a few people who like to talk sh1t on the forum, but every experience I've had in KC disc golf with real people face-to-face has been a positive one. (Well, minus one time, but that was someone who sh1t-talks me on the forum too, so go figure.)

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  I guess you weren't talking sh1t on the forum when you said "%$#@ you, pal". I have never
talked on the forum like that.  I'm also quite certain you won't take any opportunity to consider that maybe it is you that starts half of the sh1t.

Since you are keeping a paper trail I want to go on the record stating it wasn't me that Nova had a negative experience with face-to-face.

Nova

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
Nobody cares.

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 03:31:21 PM »
Dang you to lovebirds still going at it.   :D.  Come on kiss and make up.   :-*   and before you start i am trying to be helpful.    ;D
Steve keithley

Nova

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 03:38:52 PM »
Dang you to lovebirds still going at it.   :D.  Come on kiss and make up.   :-*   and before you start i am trying to be helpful.    ;D
Nah, I've seen enough. I know that any argument with him is going nowhere, because he's arguing in bad faith, so I'm just not going to engage anymore.

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 03:48:58 PM »
Nah, I've seen enough. I know that any argument with him is going nowhere, because he's arguing in bad faith, so I'm just not going to engage anymore.
Dag nabit, here I am all puckered up with nobody to make up with.

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 03:53:56 PM »
Nah.  He just stated his opinion.   Opinions are like arses everyone one has one. And they believe theirs dont stink. Now thats funny i dont care who you are.  You took offense and jumped him then went to cussing him.   Everyone has a right to say what they think . Thats what forums are for.   It does state the "best of the best" maybe they should change it to the "coed best of the best".  Thats my opinion
Steve keithley

Nova

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 03:59:03 PM »
You too? I'm going to have to start a list.

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 04:30:40 PM »
Oh okay now im a bad guy.  Whatever.   What number am i on the list?   I didnt say another thing about you. Why are you coming down on me all i did is state my opinion. So do you not like anyones opinion or just guys opinions?   If your a good enough player to get on the east or west team awesome for you. Im not good enough to get on one of the teams and im not b%tching about. Thats the way it is and im fine with that. They dont make special allowances for m to be one the teams .  Woes me. Life sucks.  Grow up life's some time a b%tch get over it
Steve keithley

Nova

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »
Nobody cares.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 10:22:55 PM »
I care about expanding the rosters, 32 per team would really be representative of the spirit of our club
espouse elucidation                                               Be excellent to each other

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 01:09:41 AM »
I care about expanding the rosters, 32 per team would really be representative of the spirit of our club

Tyvm Jami.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 10:08:13 AM »
Just for the record, this event did not start as "the best of the best". It has become an elitist event. Having to play in PDGA rounds to qualify for a local club event is ridiculous IMO. We should have spots for over 50 players and over 60 players. Without them, we wouldn't have the KCFDC. On the shoulders of giants, standing we are. Let's act like it.

Not quite true, but close.  The goal was to make it the best of the best, and it was to be a very privileged honor to be on the team.  The first year was trying to balance all the needs, and see what would work, and it now has grown into what it is.

As for the women.....they take it so personal in forums.....I believe that the timing is better now as we do have a much stronger contention of area women players than we did when this started.  Therefore I believe that the plan that Joe is working on aligns with the demands of attention the women seek in this event, and let's see if they can meet the guidelines that the captains put in place.

As for the age protected=women, c'mon Joe it's not the same question.  The gender bias is something that is truly divisive on the plan, that is the reason that it has to be looked at.  Representation of the women in our sport is growing.  The Deeva's have done a great job of supporting our events in many cases.  They (Rhonda and Ben) have turned the tables on the women by getting involvement on a consistent basis, that in itself deserves the nod of "lets give them a chance".  If it doesn't work, it doesn't pan out then we go back to where it is, but we also attempted to give them a viable option.  Personally I believe that the 6 model that Joe mentioned makes ABSOLUTE sense.  Because even with Amy's #'s on the 16, the balance of that is that there are what, 70 men on each side vying for the spots, so asking 6 to compete aligns pretty closely with the 92/8 rule that was mentioned.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 10:29:29 AM »

Therefore I believe that the plan that Joe is working on aligns with the demands of attention the women seek in this event.

Thank you, that sums up my whole argument. I guess I should have started with that. The women are acting like a special interest
group and demanding they get what they want. Sounds like BLM. Oh, crap, did I just start a whole new thing.

jimbobzekehank

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 01:07:34 PM »
Wow! You guys are amazing! I'm glad I got charged, I mean convicted... I mean nominated captain!

For the reals folks c'mon be nice, don't troll, and post things after you think (of course I'm an exception to this one); lets be productive!

The truth of the matter is Joe H. and myself get to make the final call on all of this. I'm a little less diplomatic than Joe thus when I have to read 15 of an individual or two's posts that are childish back and forth to find a hint of anything related to the topic... chances are I won't read the 16th regardless of the genius contained within. I plan to use this thread to inform my decision, I do not plan on explaining the reasons for it or having a long drawn out town hall about it.  As far as I'm concerned, I want to see anybody with an interest in this years event show up to the qualifiers (some are leagues and some are tournaments) and earn a spot.   

As far as women in the challenge, of course! That being said it needs to be fair for both sides.

I'm on board with this:

"So 3 women competing for 1 spot, + an alternate, sounds like a good starting point.  This could probably be managed on Diva weekend, or we could hold a separate qualifier on each side of the state line on a day that works out best for you ladies.  We just need a YES I WOULD PLAY IN THE TEAM CHALLENGE ON JUNE 18/19, from at least 3 women before the qualifier is held, and at least 3 have to show up and compete." 

any women interested in the challenge that live on the MO side please pm me.

HEY! Watch this...