Author Topic: friday night flight  (Read 13413 times)

dogundertheporch

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: friday night flight
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 11:34:02 AM »
I just hope that the grass can be mowed and looking good at least for the Wide Open and I don't mean little tiny 10-15ft wide fairways. It's the WIDE OPEN for crying out loud! If there was a time to do it right this would be the time.

But this course is not being used in the wide open.
I'm talking bout all KC courses in general area. Hearing bout legacy mowing problems just made me think about it.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 12:03:21 PM »
perhaps legacy park could cut the rough in anticipation of maybe some extra course traffic, come wide open weekend?

for the children

dclabe

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
Got an email from Scott at LSPR today that the rough mow is scheduled to start tomorrow...hopefully the weather will cooperate...

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »
Got an email from Scott at LSPR today that the rough mow is scheduled to start tomorrow...hopefully the weather will cooperate...

Good to hear it!!

What does weather have to do with it, I mow in the rain all the time :)
Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

jhinck2

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 04:22:29 PM »
In my opinion, tall grass just adds to the game.  I will make the same statement that I did a few weeks ago regarding the basket placements.  I understand that Legacy may be the closest course to your house to play.  HOWEVER, if you want to play something that is easy, doesn't take long to find a misplaced throw, and is fun for ALL ages, drive ten minutes to William Yates Elementary.  I don't understand individuals who post things regarding the difficulty of a course.  Play somewhere else!!!  It's just like ball golf, some courses you just don't play because of their difficulty.  With regards to kids playing, you should in turn take your kids to a mini golf course because it fits their skill level.  Same rules and general logic apply here.  Legacy is a great course, and probably one of the most challenging in the area.  If you want to play the course with no rough, man up a little bit and play in the winter when the rough is COMPLETELY mowed.  The sport of disc golf will grow just like ball golf.  All courses cannot cater to all skill levels.  That's not how it works people.  Figure it out. 
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »
What does weather have to do with it, I mow in the rain all the time :)

i personally like to mow in the rain but my 60 lb push mower doesn't rut up my yard like a 30k lb tractor.  Just sayin'.
Drew D Neitzel

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »
I dont mind the rough out there either... Just stay out of it. I mean I play Young all the time and there are tight fairways and Im not asking them to mow the trees ha ha. Keep it in the middle!!!!

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »
phill looked really good tonight.

legacy's fairways are beyond reproach.  they are really, really short.  especially in contrast with the awfully tall and thick rough.

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »
Everyone,
I am sorry that the grass is long dan, jon t. and myself have all talked to the parks and rec. and they seem to think that there isn't that big of a problem. the only thing we can do as a club is send polite e-mails to them saying that is need to be mowed and then list your reasons. they will not know how bad it is by me just saying so. they need to hear it for all of you.

Dan, boyd, and myself have been getting the weedwackers out and slowly trying to clear some of the bad spots. it is a lot of work so if you would like to DO SOMETHING about the grass let me know. everyone on here seems to have a lot of complaining and not much action.

also the pin were long before because of this reason. i cant have any of these long now because of grass. i will put pins in certain spots when the grass allows me too.

James Cram

816 560 3292   
Jay Cram

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2011, 04:37:46 PM »
Doug, you called out/slammed the parks dept in a public forum and then expect them to take your emails seriously?  You will lose all credibility with them. i am baffled by your thinking.  This sort of negativity did not help the growing mistrust between our two respective groups during the course installation.  Just because you pay taxes does not mean they are going to respond promptly to your concerns.  How much revenue does disc golf bring them?  Hmm... how about nothing so far. You can give the typical disc golf answer about bringing folks into your town, but that is limited.  Maybe limited due to tall grass, but disc golf just isn't a revenue generator and they are gong to take care of their bread and butters.  Since it is not a huge revenue generator you got to get real with your expectations.  You, Dan, Jay, Lance,Jake, Will,Rick, Jack, Narin, Jesus the Savior, nor I, have any real clout with what we say or email.  Jay has a good point, get together with the course coordinator and clean up some areas of concern. 

You do what you want and write what you want, but as busy as the LSPR are, they  check the message board and those comments are not helpful for our club.  They have been receptive to past requests that Dan has made  with mowing and moving baskets.  There has been some progress and there is room for great improvements with mowing. 

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »
Go to PHill or Blue Springs....PISS ON LSPR...I called them n emailed on both the placement n rough.i

I don't play as much because of the long holes, Jay Cram n CO dream up.

Rather work on what I can improve, more accurate drives on holes I can reach n birdie them. My
goal is to beat the pros on Sun when I get back.

Your not suppose to be able to birdy every hole dude. Further more all of your counter productive rants isnt helping anything. Leave the parks dept alone. You have no pull or power all your doing is making things (WORSE). If your game isnt good enough to play the course DONT but do not ruin it for everyone else in the process.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
after the last two awesome posts i've edited the whine out of my original post.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:11:43 AM by will »

dclabe

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2011, 09:47:25 AM »
The rough has been mowed by LSPR (even with all the rain KC has been getting).  The course played much better last night at League.  I think that LSPR was pretty responsive with getting it mowed within 8 days after we requested the mow.  We need to stay proactive with LSPR, while still being respectful of their overall workload and plans.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
The rough has been mowed by LSPR (even with all the rain KC has been getting).  The course played much better last night at League.  I think that LSPR was pretty responsive with getting it mowed within 8 days after we requested the mow.  We need to stay proactive with LSPR, while still being respectful of their overall workload and plans.

Well spoken Dan.

They really do listen to our requests; the more we complain and b%tch, the less I think they will listen.

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
5/20

i know this is late but i dont have internet at this time.

BJ /Jordan           44      $34
paul/ matt           47      $16
Dan/ calab           48
lance/ sean          49     
jay kevin             50

League tonight. doubles look like a chance of rain but ill still be out there for anyone that want to play.
Jay Cram