Author Topic: Ideas to raise money for a new course  (Read 664 times)

going-long

Ideas to raise money for a new course
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »
I have plans and permission to build a course in Clinton, MO. I thoughjt I was going to get help with funding from the Parks and Rec but their budget crashed on me. SOOOO, now I need money and Im wanting ideas from disc golfers.......JACK, RICK, any ideas. I was thinking about donations somehow and then they have their company name on the tee sign. or something like that.

PLEASE HELP

NArin Clouse

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 04:56:24 PM »
We've done sponsorships like that before with area businesses. Say, $150 sponsorship gets your name on a t-sign for two years or something. The problem is, you can barely get a t-sign for $150 let alone a basket and some concrete. More like $700. So finding businesses or individuals that will donate that sum might be difficult. Have you looked at grants?

Also, before you promise to put sponsorship info on a t-sign in a public park make sure the parks department will allow it. Some cities won't allow commercial advertising of any kind in their parks.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
money
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:16:49 PM »
is there an existing business near your location you could talk to about selling frisbees etc., and the benefeit of their name being tied in with the park?   local sporting good stores maybe?

where is the park going to be?
putt, putt, give.

going-long

money for course
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:53:53 AM »
The course will be in Clinton MO, at a Park called Artesian Park. Pretty good size park, there is a Public pool next to it. Thought that discs could be sold or rented from the front desk of the pool entrance.

Keep the ideas and replies coming. I truly appreciate the help

Narin Clouse

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 08:49:09 PM »
You won't need to be worrying about concrete for a while anyway, so (depending on what you can get baskets for) somewhere around $250 per hole should buy a basket, some brick for tee box markers, a 4x4 for a sign.

Quite likely there's brick somewhere available for the taking (whether you ask or not is your business   :twisted: )   Maybe you can get 2 businesses per hole, that compliment each other somehow?  

We did a quick, easy, and relatively painless basket installation with oversized PVC for a sleeve and put a bolt through below the surface of the surrounding dirt.  Then, some QuikCrete and half a big bucket of water, buried it totally so there's no way of knowing that the  basket isn't really secured, and it's done.  Depending, of course, on how tall the poles for the baskets are.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!