Author Topic: Kids league  (Read 734 times)

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Kids league
« on: December 30, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »
A new, kids league will be started this Spring at Baby Blue (nine hole course) on Thursday nights. The only cost will be $1 dollar that goes to the club. Hopefully, some of the better players around town will take an interest and come out to share some of their knowledge. Also, when the kids outgrow Baby Blue we could migrate over to Little Blue. If you don't have kids - bring your niece/ nephew/ younger siblings/ or even neighborhood kids .This is an opportunity to grow the sport and play some more golf.
I like BIG putts.

sswebber

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kids league
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
I'll come out for this to help. Give us a heads up closer to the time..

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:24:17 PM »
Awesome, I need to get some details ironed out with the club's BOD , but I think that this is going to be a great time. I will post more details in the near future.
I like BIG putts.

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »
BTW, the BoD has advised to not collect a dollar for the youth league and Rick has been in contact with Doug about some considerations and support for this endeavor.
Thanks Doug!

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 09:19:52 PM »
I see this as more of a Summer league, I will post more about this as other kid events (soccer, baseball, etc.) come to a close and everybody has a little more free time.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 01:16:16 PM »
This will be a six week scheduled kids league. Thursdays from 5:30 to 6:30. June 5, 12, 27 and July 10, 17, 24. Steve Dresser and I will both be out with our kids for all six weeks. This is a no-cost, all fun league. Kids of all ages are welcome but no drop-offs are allowed (you have to stay with your kid/s). DGW has donated  5$ off coupons to start the kids out with their own discs. We will see how things go and adjust as necessary but I see this as as starting out with 15- 20 minutes of instruction then playing the short 9 holes at baby blue. Super little kids (4-5) can learn how to putt at the warm up basket before moving on to the course. If your a dad with some coaching experience bring your kids and come out and help or just play (just come out). I hope to see you guys out there at Blue Valley Park "The best course in town."
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »
I'm sorry for the last minute notice but I need to postpone the start date to Thursday June 12th at 5:30. I hope to see people come out with the kids and get involved.
I like BIG putts.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 08:18:42 AM »
Sounds like I would fit right in  ;)

Seriously, I would love to help out and will try to make it most nights through the session. Good job!
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Bill the TD

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »
Even though it is cancled for tonight I have already made plans to attend with my duaghter and her friend so we will be there and anybody may come on out and join us.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
Bill, I am so sorry for the delay. I got called into work (I work nights) to cover a coworkers shift. I will be there next week for sure. I hope this delay doesn't deter you from coming next week.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 02:08:18 PM »
I hope the weather cooperates because I am excited for this league to start. See you out at Blue Valley's JR. course on Thursday night at 5:30.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 08:31:56 PM »
If you have kids bring them out tomorrow night for the first week of the kids league. The weather looks like it is going to cooperate and it should be a good time.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 11:41:52 AM »
Kids league this Thursday night (6/26). We will be there from 5:30 til 6:30ish. Bring the kids and get some tips (I think CD is coming out). Remember to stop by DGW to get the kids league deal.
I like BIG putts.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 02:13:19 PM »
I think CD is coming out.

You are correct. I will have a grab bag for the kids to select from as well  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »
The kids league will be taking a week off for the 4th of July holiday. We will be going east to the beginners league out at P-Hill the following week. Thanks to CD for coming out last week and giving some instruction and FREE plastic to some of the "kids".
I like BIG putts.