Author Topic: Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!  (Read 1849 times)

TheViolator

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »
Sure many of you have noticed the Wyco Sherriff's department crusing Rosedale to look for cars with expired tags to tow.

Mine was towed for tags 32 days old. A ticket would have been fine, towing it was uncalled for. I suspect there is a relationship between the tow company and the sherriff's department.

Please take a moment and mail your concerns about this to: rwhitby@wycosheriff.org  ---->He is the admin officer who handles these types of complaints.

PLEASE be professional and courteous, let's not make this worse. Be proactive! Tired of people at the park being targeted while crack is being dealt in the housing complex across the street.

Go get them KC disc golf players, let's bring about some change.

The Violator

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 08:12:51 PM »
Sorry, I think everyone with expired tags, expired drivers license, or no insurance should have their cars towed.

BenC

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:23:29 AM »
Iím probably going to get in trouble for this but Iíll take that chance.  Sound familiar?

Iím sorry but it was going into the second month that you had expired tags.  If you werenít going to pay for tags, and make your vehicle legal to be on the road, why would you pay for a ticket?  A ticket can be ignored just as easy.

This is not a personal attack.  You used yourself as an example, and it was a bad example.

A police presence in the park is not a bad thing.  How about if they donít have a reason to tow cars, they do a drive through and leave.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »
Sorry, I think everyone with expired tags, expired drivers license, or no insurance should have their cars towed.

Statist POS.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
This is low hanging fruit for the police. Why wouldn't they have them towed? All they do is make a simple report and a call to the tow company and they've done their job. Catching crack dealers across the street would be a lot more dangerous and time and labor intensive, not to mention that that behavior isn't quite as obvious as an expired tag staring them in the face. With that said, I do feel that driving around in a car with tags that are over thirty days expired is practically begging for negative attention.

I do agree that it seems the police would have more important things to do but just like any other job, the easy tasks tend to get completed first.

Anyone else find it ironic that the person complaining about having a car towed for violating the law requiring him to keep his tags current is using a screen name of TheViolator?
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:16:43 AM »
I agree that the prudent thing to do is to keep your tags current in order to avoid such transgressions on the part of our benevolent authorities. However, I take issue with statements such as the one above, stating that a person with expired tags "should have" their car towed. Why? Because it's missing a f*cking sticker? No one was hurt, no one was unfairly deprived of property, and no property was damaged, (READ: NO VICTIM ANYWHERE, WHATSOEVER) and yet Statist a-holes get their jollies when the State comes in and takes a part of someone's livelihood to hold it hostage until said State has received their vigs. What a f*cking joke.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
I think cars should be towed for grossly inappropriate parking. issue a ticket and move on for expired tags or parking in a fairway. towing costs way more than a simple ticket, it's a huge hassle and financial burden on someone who struggles to be street legal. cops can and should be compassionate in these situations. tow drivers are certainly enticed financially to be involved with this policy, and collusion breeds contempt. stop wasting the carbon energy to be a dickwad, very few offenders fall through the cracks of justice when it comes to tickets and/or summons. Christ almighty, some unfortunates live in their vehicles from time to time.
espouse elucidation

gleauzzzinier

• Am Poster
  • please stop talking while people are throwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »
who would you have us contact if you'd been pulled over on I-35?

ten years ago my car was towed from rosie by an overzealous wyco ranger for the same reason-during league! it sucked and cost a bunch of money but figured it was my fault, rolled the dice and lost.
man up and take your medicine. and you might want to renew your tags before you go back.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:52:17 AM by gleauzzzinier »

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 10:34:48 AM »

Statist POS.

I guess everyone that disagrees with you is a POS. I didn't tow anybodies car, I was simply stating my thoughts.
By the way, I am far from a Statist, I gladly break the law and defy authority daily. When I get caught I don't ask everyone on this forum to help me. People without tags are usually the people who don't have insurance. Get your car hit and the other person has neither and see if you want something done about it.

Just my thoughts you POS.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »
By the way, I am far from a Statist, I gladly break the law and defy authority daily.

Ya know, I kinda figured that, given the forum here. Which makes your cheerleading of the State that much more despicable. I'm sure, however, that your breaking of the law and defiance of authority is just as victimless as the OP's. So I ask, what do you think "SHOULD" happen to others who break the law and/or defy authority in the exact same fashion as you? Judgmental much?
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

gleauzzzinier

• Am Poster
  • please stop talking while people are throwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 10:50:51 AM »
By the way, I am far from a Statist, I gladly break the law and defy authority daily.

Ya know, I kinda figured that, given the forum here. Which makes your cheerleading of the State that much more despicable. I'm sure, however, that your breaking of the law and defiance of authority is just as victimless as the OP's. So I ask, what do you think "SHOULD" happen to others who break the law and/or defy authority in the exact same fashion as you? Judgmental much?
those kinda people should become puppets of big corporations that need the state to bail them out so they can continue to churn out products that harm trees, children, and cuddly puppies worlwide.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 10:52:36 AM »
someone razor cut my tags and others at work a few years ago, teater : what should be done, If you only know a couple of tow drivers?
espouse elucidation

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 11:04:40 AM »
someone razor cut my tags and others at work a few years ago, teater : what should be done, If you only know a couple of tow drivers?

If everyone inputs their problem I will answer them one at a time. I don't know Jamie, I don't have enough information. When you found out your tags were razor cut what did you do. Do you go with proof that you had them and get new ones. That's what I think should be done. Did you get pulled over by a cop. Do you show him proof that you had purchased them. If you did, did he let you go with a warning and tell you to go get them. That's again what I would do.

Sorry, you mis-understood something. I don't know any tow truck drivers. But, I don't just assume they are bad.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 11:11:05 AM »
to say the least no one towed my car, and no one suggested that my car should be towed. I paid the dmv and was on my way. lack of tags, no drivers license, and no insurance - send me a bill, speeding - put it on my tab, double parking at the apothecary - sue me, I can afford the fines, but don't take my car!
espouse elucidation

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
kumbaya
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj