Author Topic: Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!  (Read 2052 times)

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 11:16:48 AM »
Moving into the 2nd month of expiration is getting a bit excessive.

Cops trolling a park are in a different division than cops on a vice squad.  Separation of duties.

Non-payment of fees does have a victim - everyone else.  It reduces tax money for the system that benefits all people.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 11:29:05 AM »

Mike Hyzer
Pro Poster

Quote from: jteater on Today at 10:34:48 AM

By the way, I am far from a Statist, I gladly break the law and defy authority daily.

Ya know, I kinda figured that, given the forum here. Which makes your cheerleading of the State that much more despicable. I'm sure, however, that your breaking of the law and defiance of authority is just as victimless as the OP's. So I ask, what do you think "SHOULD" happen to others who break the law and/or defy authority in the exact same fashion as you? Judgmental much?

You have called me a POS and despicable, and I'm judmental. That's funny. I'm far from a cheerleader for the state. Unlike you I just don't always assume they are out to get me. Not always, just most of the time. I break several different laws and defy authority several different ways, so a blanet statement of what I think should happen is hard to answer. Some laws I break, you get a ticket. And that's what I think should happen, until the stupid laws get fixed.

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »

jamidanger

to say the least no one towed my car, and no one suggested that my car should be towed. I paid the dmv and was on my way. lack of tags, no drivers license, and no insurance - send me a bill, speeding - put it on my tab, double parking at the apothecary - sue me, I can afford the fines, but don't take my car!

You make a pretty good argument. I'm glad your car didn't get towed. Thanks for not calling me names.

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »
Has anyone seen Dwayne Bowel?
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Skyhawkmd

• Am Poster
  • NOT a Professional Disc Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 12:29:21 PM »

[/quote]
those kinda people should become puppets of big corporations that need the state to bail them out so they can continue to churn out products that harm trees, children, and cuddly puppies worlwide.
[/quote
I love puppies...]
Matt Dixon
The Used Car Factory INC.
Buddys Service Center
3035 SW US 40 Hwy E.B.
Blue Springs, MO. 64015
PDGA #55098

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »
when I park at rosedale park, I assume now that the authorities ARE out to get me. as an old school American peace veteran, my car is my freedom of mobility, for some it is their living or their home or their prized possession. at least by making your voice heard, the wyco hall can look into any kickbacks from the tow company and resume fair practice in that deteriorating region of the metro. park rangers should be conducting horticultural tours or cleaning restrooms in addition to their vehicular inspections.
espouse elucidation

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »
By the way, I am far from a Statist, I gladly break the law and defy authority daily.

Ya know, I kinda figured that, given the forum here. Which makes your cheerleading of the State that much more despicable. I'm sure, however, that your breaking of the law and defiance of authority is just as victimless as the OP's. So I ask, what do you think "SHOULD" happen to others who break the law and/or defy authority in the exact same fashion as you? Judgmental much?
those kinda people should become puppets of big corporations that need the state to bail them out so they can continue to churn out products that harm trees, children, and cuddly puppies worlwide.

Mark, why not worry about the fact that your money is being stolen from you in first place, rather than worry about what's done with your stolen money after the fact?
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 12:56:18 PM »
Non-payment of fees does have a victim - everyone else.  It reduces tax money for the system that benefits all people.

Again, that's not addressing the root problem. When the mafia doesn't get their monthly vigs from one person, they may decide to turn the screws on someone else. Doesn't make it that first person's fault at all.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »
Y'all need to learn how to use the quote function..
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

BenC

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
This is low hanging fruit for the police. Why wouldn't they have them towed?
Kevin is right.

when I park at rosedale park, I assume now that the authorities ARE out to get me.
Danger is right.

This is not a new thing.  Everyday I was out there last year cars were getting towed.  How long does it take to learn, or hear through the grapevine, If your registration is expired, don't go to Rosedale.  Your car will get towed.  Maybe not the first time but each time you take your unregistered car to Rosedale the odds of it being gone when you get done with your round increase.

If anything the sheriff is being consistent.  It doesn't matter what you are doing in the park softball, soccer, volleyball or golf, if your tags are expired your vehicle will be towed.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »
Y'all need to learn how to use the quote function..

Yes, that too! :D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 02:18:22 PM »
Damn,, now I've got some dude creepin' on my Facebook over this sh1t. Why couldn't you just go renew your F'n tags, man?! ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
That sure isn't me. And I can't figure that quote crap out. I'm old you know.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 02:30:30 PM »
violator's concern is the illegal practice of target and tow, I smell shenanigans out there that should be investigated. clearly illegal seizure from my rose-dale colored lenses as well.
espouse elucidation

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »
..and all this bs prior to ice bowl at rosie, I will gladly play a different course, if not just to reduce the massive damage to the course from high traffic.
espouse elucidation