Author Topic: Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!  (Read 2075 times)

BenC

Re: Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
..and all this bs prior to ice bowl at rosie

I saw three get taken out at last years Ice Bowl.  If your tags are expired; get them renewed or find an alternate way to get to Rosedale on the 25th and 26th.  They know we will be out there and the park will be overflowing with potential.

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 02:43:29 PM »
when I park at rosedale park, I assume now that the authorities ARE out to get me. as an old school American peace veteran, my car is my freedom of mobility, for some it is their living or their home or their prized possession. at least by making your voice heard, the wyco hall can look into any kickbacks from the tow company and resume fair practice in that deteriorating region of the metro. park rangers should be conducting horticultural tours or cleaning restrooms in addition to their vehicular inspections.

Hi Jamie, I have answered your real life question. Answer mine. 4 years ago my 27 year old daughter was hit in Kansas City, MO. The other person said it was their fault. They didn't have proof of insurance and when she looked their tags were expired. She called it in and the police said get the make and model and license plate number and bring it in beacuse there were no injuries. She only had liability insurance because that the most she could afford and the least she had to have to still be LEGAL. She was out $1200 and lost her, freedom of mobility, her prized possession, and made it hard to make a living. Why does she get screwed just because they shouldn't look for people with expired tags in crowded placed. Like apartment building, parking lots. etc. What should be done, nothing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:03:04 PM by jteater »

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 03:01:22 PM »
Y'all need to learn how to use the quote function..

huh?

(goof afternoon Utz)

and I can't spell, I told you it isn't nice to make fun of old people

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
teater - same thing happened to me and I had awesome insurance, but trying to recover the $1000.00 deductible was fruitless, even though allstate said they would subrogate the claim against the uninsured. legal processes are certainly frustrating, and I blame myself for not nipping on the heels of the douchy driver out there. so my response to your daughter's plight would be keep fanning the flames of the legal process, because when the embers die, the fire is forgotten. I am glad that the guilty driver in your case still gets to keep his vehicle, and he should be reminded to pay up the costs he is responsible for. sounds like the embers are dead in your case, but it's not too late to complain to wyco sheriff about injustice, illegal seizure, and the senseless killing of buzzes at rosedale park. silence in this case is not owning up to the gas, and soon the methane will permeate all that you wear and you will never acknowledge the stench.
espouse elucidation

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »
teater - same thing happened to me and I had awesome insurance, but trying to recover the $1000.00 deductible was fruitless, even though allstate said they would subrogate the claim against the uninsured. legal processes are certainly frustrating, and I blame myself for not nipping on the heels of the douchy driver out there. so my response to your daughter's plight would be keep fanning the flames of the legal process, because when the embers die, the fire is forgotten. I am glad that the guilty driver in your case still gets to keep his vehicle, and he should be reminded to pay up the costs he is responsible for. sounds like the embers are dead in your case, but it's not too late to complain to wyco sheriff about injustice, illegal seizure, and the senseless killing of buzzes at rosedale park. silence in this case is not owning up to the gas, and soon the methane will permeate all that you wear and you will never acknowledge the stench.

barry - so let our daughters get screwed or be a captain of genocide, I can't believe there is not an option between those two

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »
Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread. :)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »

Quality entertainment!
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »

Quality entertainment!

Completely agree. If nothing else I learned to use thye quote button.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »

Quality entertainment!

Completely agree. If nothing else I learned to use thye quote button.

FWIW, I thought the thread had potential and could not stand aside idly and allow it to just be 6 posts basically telling the OP he should have known better.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2014, 08:24:46 AM »
Cabin fever!

If one is properly insured (w/ proof) and pulled over for 32+ day expired tags...is there a citation AND a tow?  Or, just a citation? 
IFF the latter, then a 'moving violation' receives a lighter penalty than a non-moving/parked violation.  An ironic discrepancy if so.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
Cabin fever!

If one is properly insured (w/ proof) and pulled over for 32+ day expired tags...is there a citation AND a tow?  Or, just a citation? 
IFF the latter, then a 'moving violation' receives a lighter penalty than a non-moving/parked violation.  An ironic discrepancy if so.

Indeed, it would be interesting to know if this is the case. Seems unfair if that's the way it works. This alone might validate this request to petition LEOs to rethink this practice of towing unattended cars for such violations.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »
I once drizzled some pee on a tree, when they looked at thee, I said not me and peed on another tree. 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

"Put lots of torque on the Anal-hyzer"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

BenC

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »
Cabin fever!

Indeed, it would be interesting to know if this is the case. Seems unfair if that's the way it works. This alone might validate this request to petition LEOs to rethink this practice of towing unattended cars for such violations.

Is it considered abandoned if it is unregistered and parked in a public place?  Could be why its towed and not ticketed.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2014, 12:41:03 PM »
..and all this bs prior to ice bowl at rosie, I will gladly play a different course, if not just to reduce the massive damage to the course from high traffic.

Despite all this fantastic discussion taking place, this is the most important disc golf related statement.  rosie needs a big long break from golfers.