Author Topic: Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!  (Read 1495 times)

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Take Action At Rosedale -- No more Wyco Sherriff Tow Ripoffs!
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
This thread is still being worked? 

Why quit now.

Come on - can we reach a fourth page!
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 01:44:27 PM »
Is it considered abandoned if it is unregistered and parked in a public place?  Could be why its towed and not ticketed.

This is the biggest reason.  Another person could be driving the car, the car could be stolen, the police can't verify that it is you, so they tow it, and you have to prove it is your car.

I have had a car totaled by a driver (well Beckett was driving my truck.....I still lost the vehicle....) that didn't have current license, registration or insurance....guess what they didn't show up to court, and I only had liability on a truck that I just put a new transmission in for $2200......Fair, I think not.  That was KCMO though.

I also got pulled over for having VERY EXPIRED TAGS according to the officer, it was October, and my tags expired in March......I just never drove that Truck that much, and missed the renewal.  I did have my insurance, and license though, got a ticket and was on my way, again KCMO.

There are no park rangers in the WyCo system anymore, so it would be the police and sheriffs issue at this point at Rosedale.  Again though, getting a tow may be cheaper than being pulled over and having things in your car that the officer finds, not saying this is the case, but keep your cars legal, and don't give them a reason to talk to you, and you have no issue.

On tags stolen, the system will know that you have "legal" tags even if stolen, and most of the time they will leave you alone, but it does give them something to view.  Now though with the advent of technology and the cameras on the cars scanning parking lots, this is common practice to search out expired tags.  You can't just put on a stolen sticker any longer in most cases, the computer will catch you.  Just as if you put on plates from a beat up toyota army truck and put them on your high fa-llooten saturn they will catch you and make you clear out horse stables if you are lucky, but more than likely make you pay a fine and go talk to a judge about said actions.

Bottom line, keep your sh1t clean and organized, and you should be better off in the long run.

;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2014, 12:00:26 AM »
While I was out there today, they were writing tickets in the parking lot. Lucky for me I was warned that they would ticket for backing in. I asked the officer, that was out there, if that was true and he confirmed that it was. It is posted but I just couldn't believe it.
I like BIG putts.

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2014, 02:28:23 AM »
While I was out there today, they were writing tickets in the parking lot. Lucky for me I was warned that they would ticket for backing in. I asked the officer, that was out there, if that was true and he confirmed that it was. It is posted but I just couldn't believe it.

The front-in parking is to discourage gay prostitution.

Or something.

artisan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2014, 07:02:15 AM »
hey peter..it's not prostitution if it's free.  Last time I hook you up!

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2014, 09:29:40 AM »
Here's my theory: Kansas only has plates on the back of the vehicle. If a car is backed in a cop cant just drive by and use his neat little plate scanners. Actually has to get out and inspect the tags on the back of the vehicle.

Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2014, 11:09:16 AM »
Peter is right. Rosedale was a rampant gay hookup park. The little fellers would climb out of the woods wondering what the hell we were doing, and did we need a date?.  Federales implemented that policy over 20 years ago. Way before scanners.
Apparently they are using the antiquated ordinance to pad their coffers at the expense of the players and the park community at large. The whole point is the gays were, mostly, chased off. Because of the players. Catch 22 all over again.
Oh yeah, and it's only incest if you have a baby.
So I am told from my Arkansas cousins.

Gay league tomorrow.

Slim
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »
Here's my theory: Kansas only has plates on the back of the vehicle. If a car is backed in a cop cant just drive by and use his neat little plate scanners. Actually has to get out and inspect the tags on the back of the vehicle.

Surprised I never realized this. Makes sense given that we (Best Siders) only have license plates on the back.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2014, 11:06:17 PM »
The officer said it was because of Kansas only having plates on the rear of the vehicle, and that people would try to hide their expired tags by backing in. I told him that I was from Mo., he told me that I still would of got the ticket." BTW, are you guys saying only gay guys, looking for love on the DL, back in to parking spots.
I like BIG putts.

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
"Nice day...Shirts off?"
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

HuskerBen

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2014, 06:00:12 PM »
The officer said it was because of Kansas only having plates on the rear of the vehicle, and that people would try to hide their expired tags by backing in. I told him that I was from Mo., he told me that I still would of got the ticket." BTW, are you guys saying only gay guys, looking for love on the DL, back in to parking spots.

I warned you.