General > Tournaments

2014 Team Challenge

(1/37) > >>

thankyoupeter:
Has there been any discussion about dates, courses, qualifying, etc. for the 2014 Team Challenge? 

Tracy:
The 2014 Team Challenge will take place on June 7th and 8th. Let's allow the dust to settle from this weekends Ice Bowl.  Then the Team Challenge will be on the radar.

Tracy:
First order of business.  East Side, who is your captain? Dick Parker has agreed to remain captain of West Side even though he's TD of the 2014 KC Wide Open.   

The rules remain essentially the same as posted last year: http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=8422.msg73993#msg73993.  I'll rework anything that doesn't seem clear and re-post here. 

A procedural reminder; each team may be formed in any fashion the captain chooses. Only two restrictions are the composition of each round starting lineup as stated in the rules and 20 player maximum roster size.  (lineup submission deadline was never for restricting roster additions/changes, rather it was for acquiring team shirts on time, which leads to the following) 

Small organizational change this year.  I will not be organizing team uniforms for both sides.  As the event director, I'll be glad to help each captain as necessary, as I feel it is important to have a team uniform.   Captains can go for new jerseys, if the wish, or stay with the past jersey.  If the latter, I can put you in touch with either of the t-shirt printers we have used.

Note:  Since it's an even year (2014), West side will host two Sunday rounds.  East side hosts one round on Saturday afternoon.   

East Side, please select a captain for your team in the next couple of weeks. I'd like to have each side determine which KCFDC course they plan to host their part of this at by the end of February. 

Thanks,

Your Team Challenge Event Director - Tracy

Ken Franks:
Thought it was Bake Jowen??

Ken Franks:

--- Quote from: Tracy on February 04, 2014, 02:49:00 PM --- 

Small organizational change this year.  I will not be organizing team uniforms for both sides.  As the event director,

Your Team Challenge Event Director - Tracy

--- End quote ---

That's part of the Event Directors job, I thought?

Maybe First and foremost, we should cover what the Event Directors job is...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version