Author Topic: KCWO Artwork  (Read 3119 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KCWO Artwork
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
THe goal of the "clean Logo" was not to be ignoring everything that is cool in art, but rather having a common theme for publicizing, and working on programs to get things out while we work on art to have as the "event logo".

FOr example, when I put in requests in September of this year for the 2015 Wide Open, we won't have the event logo, but we will have the Corporate identity to the logo to put on presentations to prepare.  It is very clean, concise, and relays the message simply.

Having KICK BUTT art work is needed to have great art in your hands on the plastic, I don't think that we ever want to lose the artwork for the Wide Open, I think we always want to have great art where we can, but we also need to have a consistent identity for times when we don't have the next logo waiting.

Artwork is a VERY sore subject and subjective to all, and that makes it great.  It also though makes it VERY difficult to have more on file to use at a later date.....so send more art is what we are saying.....or at least me.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »
Dick says it in 2 sentences.
Jack says it in 4 paragraphs.

Both say the same.

(have a good day Jack)

About when will more information begin starting to roll out? Such as courses, round format, cost, etc.?
Rob Martin
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
https://www.facebook.com/MaverickDiscGolf

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 11:47:14 AM »
Dick says it in 2 sentences.
Jack says it in 4 paragraphs.

Both say the same.

(have a good day Jack)

About when will more information begin starting to roll out? Such as courses, round format, cost, etc.?

Soon Rob, I promise. I'm finalizing everything so when I put it out there it is as concrete as I can make it. My biggest concern is raising money. This is where I'm a little behind due to the fact that I would have liked to have a sponsorship form for folks to get out and help raise money with me. I will get that up first and then I will get onto letting everyone know how the event will go.

Now, back to the discussion at hand. Any other ideas or suggestions?

And I will not be interjecting any opinions about peoples ideas. I am not hear to say yes or no this is good or bad but rather I would like people to continue with ideas.

Thanks!

^4 paragraphs. I'm as cool as Jack.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:07:44 PM by dickthediscparker »
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper
• KCFDC Membership Guru

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 12:43:22 PM »
 ;D :P 8)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 07:32:51 PM »
The federal reserve logo is cool!! What if you made the logo look like the new $100 bill...super tour!!
putt, putt, give.