Author Topic: 2014 KCFDC PDGA League suggestion thread  (Read 1852 times)

stevet

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 KCFDC PDGA League
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 01:33:27 PM »
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but this last ratings update they fixed the PDGA leagues.  Now every round is calculated individually (as it should be).  The example I used,
 68 at big blue, is now a 967 round. 

So...no worries on changing courses, changing layouts, etc etc.  Yay.

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that too.  I had one round change from a 690 round to a 850 round.  Quite the difference.  I also had a couple 910 rounds drop to 880 ish.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

kevinmzane

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but this last ratings update they fixed the PDGA leagues.  Now every round is calculated individually (as it should be).  The example I used,
 68 at big blue, is now a 967 round. 

So...no worries on changing courses, changing layouts, etc etc.  Yay.

Where do we find the course ratings then? So you are saying that regardless of the layout, your score relative to other players and conditions the ratings are set based only on your individual score? 68 at Big blue during the wide open was like a 980 and those were pretty ideal conditions.

stevet

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »
Oh, yea my last post was a little confusing.  I was only trying to say that each round is calculated separate now.  Previously, it appeared that all rounds were linked together which was causing some real whack ratings.

The propagators (individuals with enough rated rounds) have the most influence on scores.

I think a 12-13 point difference from similar conditions / layout is acceptable.  On that evening some of the propagators probably shot a little better than normal so it brought the overall ratings down a bit.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
There are not "course ratings" there is no such thing.  There are ratings (based on the PDGA rating system that is) for the events, and it is based on having at least 3 rated players to determine the ratings for that round in particular.

After you folks were kind enough to notify me of the error on the ratings, I worked with the PDGA (they actually did it, thanks to Steve Ganz and Andrew Big Dog, and Chuck Kennedy) to let them know of the error in the submission of the final TD report for the leagues.  In that I failed to alter the league locations and they got it corrected.

So to answer the question, again if you play OPEN in the Wide Open you score will almost guaranteedly be higher than in other divisions because of the pool you play in has players with higher ratings, that in turn allows for a higher rating on your score based on the people you are playing with.

If you want higher ratings play open......it is a silly thing personally, but it is the only silly thing that is "agreed upon" by our current players.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 07:59:24 AM »
The spring 2014 PDGA will be a rotating course league.  I'll post more information later when I have some time today / this weekend.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

KCWaldo

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2014, 08:44:38 AM »
Excellent!  If you can work Perry Lake in for one round would be awesome, I would really be interested in what the ratings would look like for that course.
Duane Waldman

PDGA# 59362
KCFDC# 1598

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 09:25:47 AM »
The spring 2014 PDGA will be a rotating course league.  I'll post more information later when I have some time today / this weekend.

;D

Don't worry bout all the cry-baby haters Rob...If you build it, they will come. 
I'll participate in as many as possible. 

Joe Hesting
West Side 4 Life!!!!