Mark - thanks for replying. I'm sorry if you feel like the rug was pulled out from under you. It's understandable that you're annoyed.
Before I got into a discussion, I simply wanted to know who I'm talking with. My name is Rob Martin.
PDGA leagues come in various formats. The format for this league will be the same as normal singles KCFDC leagues.
1. Singles format.
2. Same divisions for payouts. It takes 3 to make a payout division.
3. Pros get actual cash. Ams get KC Kash.
4. Beer is still ok during league. (As opposed during a sanctioned PDGA tournament)
5. Payout schedule is the approved KCFDC schedule found here:http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=9359.0
The differences are:
1. It costs $1 more. Half of this dollar goes to the PDGA, the other half goes to me to cover my upfront registration fee. If there is a significant amount left over, I have some ideas on how we can use it including, free beer at the end of the season / league / whatever, grill some burgers, have a bonus payout, prizes for those that came the most, register another 10-week session. These are just ideas and not promises.
3. The rounds are reported to the PDGA and are rated. If at least 5 propogators played, we will see tentative ratings immediately. If less than 5 propogators play an evening, we won't see a rating until official ratings are updated.
That answers your first question.
#2 - Mark who?
#3. Unfortunately not using the forum causes members to miss out on what is happening with our club. I would recommend checking in here regularly.
#4 - Regarding problems running Friday night league. The former league director, Timko, requested volunteers for WyCo. His request was posted here since February 20:http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=10176.0
As my suggestion was approved by the KCFDC Board of Directors, I can only surmise that no one stepped forward to run the Friday night league.
#5 - The poll was for information purposes only and not a vote to all of the KCFDC members. (By the way - just asking - are you a current paid KCFDC member?) Up above I wrote:
I would like to gather interest and opinion regarding a possible PDGA Spring league...
This is for informational purposes only. The top choice may not necessarily be the one chosen (if any). Besides what players would like, it would need to be approved by the BOD and would depend on the perceived impacts on other club leagues.
Please remember, this PDGA league and moving WyCo to Wednesday was approved by the Board of Directors, the governing body of our club, that were elected by the club's members.
Without having someone stepping forward to run a WyCo Friday league, it is reasonable that the WyCo Friday would cease to exist beyond just a couple of people getting together for a casual round. You can still do that any Friday as long as it doesn't conflict with the club's happenings (like Friday KCWO weekend).
As far as why the other choices were not chosen even though they may have gotten more votes:
Traveling leagues playing the same night and/or courses as established leagues could *possibly* have been disruptive to those leagues. It was ill advised. I included it in my poll because it was brought up. Maybe someday in the future this could be a possibility, but not now as a KCFDC league for this spring.
Monday was not chosen because of the already successful Olathe league on the same side of town. Same as Tuesday with SMP. I couldn't run Tuesday anyway.
So it came down to Wednesday or Thursday. Wednesday was chosen as the consensus was it would be less disruptive with Rosedale than with Water Works because of the perceived type of players that frequent those leauges. As I was the one actually volunteering to run the league, I requested Wednesday as my first choice.
I hope this did not sound snarky, that is not my intention.
Let me know if you have any more questions.