Author Topic: Moving league to Wednesday?  (Read 341 times)

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Moving league to Wednesday?
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:30:31 PM »
Of the consistent Friday night leaguers (defined as going 50% or more of the time), what is your opinion of moving league to Wednesday?  Of the inconsistent leaguers (defined as going on average once per month/ 25% of the time), what is your opinion? Please list your participation level in your comment. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:51:20 AM by robm »
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Re: Moving league to Wednesday?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »
I heard Wyco league has changed to Wednesday night, is that correct? The Friday night league was a great league night  for that destination park. The KCFDC has done a great job establishing league nights and sticking to them over the years so people from all over remember when a league is and make the trek to go play it. Friday worked great for Wyco because it was a destination and normally you didn't have to work on Saturday so you could drive out there and play then hang out or go to the Legends and grab something to eat. This is disappointing that they moved it to try and do what?  Drive the attendance up? By competing with another Wyandotte County Park for Players? I don't think you will drive attendance up at all but just the opposite it will go down. Please try this out and if its not working  don't hesitate to move it back to Friday. The Lawrence players and the Kansas City players will appreciate it.
Thanks, Pete
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

L.O.F.T.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Friday nights for me. Over 90% for the past 8 years. Tracy is 100% right that Wyco's league is ace fund driven. Being in competition with Rosedale and charging more to play not see the attraction.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »
I 'was' a WyCo regular for many, many years.  I've since chosen to spend my Friday nights with my gal and rarely make WyCo league night anymore for the last several years.  Breaking a longtime tradition will always make some waves...you can count on that.  If there was much discussion about this move, then I sure missed it.

I don't have much of an opinion about doing WyCo league PDGA-style.  I'm not even sure if this is mandatory or optional.  If one is not a member or is non-current, can one opt out?  Spending the extra $1 is a non-issue.

I coined the WyCo Friday Night league as "The Perfect End to an Imperfect Week".  Wishing I had made some shirts with this and some kind of artwork as a memorabilia.   :'(

IFF this move to Wed night is permanent, I hope it makes WyCo League Night better in the long run.  Otherwise, move it back...for tradition's sake.
doc / KCFDC #419
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »
All those signs put up around the city will be wrong if league nights are swapped around.

Valid concern.  A cost effective solution was discussed.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

AStomps

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »
will be trying to make most of these regardless of league night or pdga/non-pdga league

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »
 I don't think Wyco or Legacy necessarily need to be moved from their spots on Friday. I just wish one of the more centrally-located courses had a Friday league is all.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555