KCFDC Courses > Cliff Drive

2014-The Extrodinary Leagues of the Northeast

(1/4) > >>

jack:
In case you only read in the Cliff Drive Section on this forum.....(well you do get an extra credit point for reading this section only, as well as a keepsake to be determined later.....)  I posted this in the league section, but it does pertain to this course as well as Blue Valley!

Northeast League will be commencing March 31.  It will be at Cliff because....well March 31 isn't the first Monday of the month now is it?

Matt Eklund will be starting out to run leagues out there, we may need help over the year to make it work, but suffice it to say, we will get it done.

What does that mean to you?

It means get out here and play disc golf.  It also means that on April 7th we will be at Blue Valley.

It also means that by playing leagues out at Cliff Drive you will from time to time get to play on some of the "new design" holes this year.  Every week will be slightly different, in that you may experience a different throw from the previous week.

We will be shooting to start on the first 2 weeks by 5:45, so try to be there by 5:30 with registration ready, after that we should be good to go.

If you too want to help keep the league running strong, and step up to learn how, just ask.  We will make it very easy on you.

This year I also plan on giving away "league trophies" for those that make it to at least 13 leagues for some varying averages, attendance, and work day partners.  Some will be subjective scoring, and others will be based on stats.  No PDGA league this year will happen unless someone else wants to run it at Cliff, we will allow it (you would only pay $1 to that person extra) if someone steps up to do.  Otherwise we will be a KCFDC and Cliff Drive/Blue Valley ONLY league.

We may at one point end up playing a modified 27 hole round, with 9 holes of Mini golf thrown in the mix as well.

As my time allows it to help be creative we may do some crazy things at cliff this year, so watch as we move towards more disc golf in new lands out here!

robm:

--- Quote from: jack on November 13, 2012, 01:56:54 PM ---You will need to be in attendance for at least 6 of the 10 weeks to qualify for the "series award" (TBD, but I will have something)  I would also encourage more participation for Am's in this series as well this upcoming year.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: jack on March 17, 2014, 10:03:29 AM ---This year I also plan on giving away "league trophies" for those that make it to at least 13 leagues for some varying averages, attendance, and work day partners.  Some will be subjective scoring, and others will be based on stats.  No PDGA league this year will happen unless someone else wants to run it at Cliff, we will allow it (you would only pay $1 to that person extra) if someone steps up to do.  Otherwise we will be a KCFDC and Cliff Drive/Blue Valley ONLY league.

--- End quote ---

I'm still waiting for the 'TBD' series award from Spring 2013.  I was the only player to show up all 10 weeks.

jack:
Good point.....I will work on that.  I really need to remember what all I write huh?

:-D

jack:
Well.....the Winner from the initial League series from Last Season for the First Round would be Jose Ossa.

Jose shot in 9 weeks, with an average of 57.3-MPO
Matt Crowe played in 7 weeks and shot an average of 61.3-MA1
Danger shot in 9 weeks and averaged 60.4-MPM
Jack Lowe played in 7 weeks and averaged 59.6-MM1

Only Rob Martin played in all 10 weeks with an average of 72.2-MA1

We had 53 different people play that completed 150 rounds.  We had 5 people play that didn't complete rounds.  I think that officially it was also the first year that Ryan A. Westa didn't get an DNF during the first session.

I am comprising the 2nd session, but need to get the PDGA stuff set up correctly first.

Based on the above stats, our first Series Winner will be Jose Ossa.  Sorry Rob.  I may have a "Perfect Attendance" award as well though, because I dig that kind of thing on people!  I only wish I wasn't traveling so much to get that award myself........

jack:
The second series of League PDGA style.....was available for only 6 weeks, and no one played all 6 weeks....so there will not be awards for the 2nd session.  Travel and weather impacted this season of events.

However, we did have the following:

Jose Ossa-played in 5 weeks, and averaged 55.8-MPO
Jack Lowe-played in 4 weeks and averaged 61.8-MM1
CD Steiner-played in 3 weeks and averaged 62.0-MPM

Only Ryan Keck made it out for at least 3 weeks during this season, and Ryan is classified as an MPO-his average was 64.3

Again NO PDGA leagues are planned at this time in Cliff/Blue Valley.  That could change if someone wanted to step up and run it accordingly.  Must work with Matt about making that happen.  Otherwise, this whole league thing is starting on the 31st.  I will get it started, but I have class on Monday nights, so I will be taking off after it gets moving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version