Author Topic: Heritage Park  (Read 21673 times)

Dan Z.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Heritage Park
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 03:15:11 AM »
I will be off on Friday- and would like to help. I will send a text to get the location.
DZ

akray21

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 01:35:31 PM »
That makes sense. I can tell where all the fairways are and can imagine a lot of the shots. I'm getting really excited for this course and can't wait for the baskets to go in the ground! Anything I can do to help, I will try to do it.

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2015, 10:11:14 AM »
I haven't been out yet. Is there a way that FTL can come and do some work and then play a "object" round? Maybepplay to a tree with a painted goal?
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

kruzerkamp

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »
I have been out to the future course the last two days checking out the lay of the land.  I even saw a bald eagle.  I lost my Boss in the field on the south side of the course however :(

I'm looking forward to this course coming to fruition, let me know if you need some help.  I am just a hop,skip and jump away from the park (Woodland Creek).

Ben

akray21

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2015, 11:05:43 AM »
March 25th! We are 2 months away from the target completion date! Is memorial weekend still your target for having the baskets in the ground? Is there anything that I can do to help in order to meet the target!? Really looking forward to having this course beat me down.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2015, 07:40:38 PM »
I'm excited too! Scott would it be beneficial to plan a work day some Saturday when there isn't a tournament nearby? Or maybe a Sunday afternoon? I'm sure we could get some man power if we knew a week or two in advance.
PDGA 39363

akray21

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 07:40:32 AM »
I'm excited too! Scott would it be beneficial to plan a work day some Saturday when there isn't a tournament nearby? Or maybe a Sunday afternoon? I'm sure we could get some man power if we knew a week or two in advance.

Name a weekend day (besides easter) and I'm there.

Scott A Reek

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 07:46:56 AM »
I m very happy to see so many people who are excited to see heritage go into the ground and I appreciate the offers and support.  Unfortunately, my schedule does not allow me to do it on the weekend.  I do not have a free weekend i could work on the course till September.  I am either running events or i have family plans.  The course is coming together and I still think I am on track to be open as long as there are no hiccups.  I cannot control the parks dept schedule
Scott A Reek
Past KCFDC Board of Directors (President - Technology)
PDGA Kansas State Coordinator

2017 Kansas City Wide Open TD
2018 PDGA Pro Masters World Championships TD

PDGA# 12824
KCFDC #570

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2015, 02:28:47 PM »
I totally understand your busy weekends. Are there any specific jobs you would be able to say need done that could be delegated to people who are wanting to help out? Stuff like brush clearing or maybe if you marked some small trees that need taken out. I really am not sure what still needs to be done but just wanted to try and help if possible. If you are going out on a week day and can post it a few days in advance I might be able to join you depending on my schedule. So feel free to ask for help if you need it. Thanks for all you are doing Scott!
PDGA 39363

Scott A Reek

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2015, 06:30:36 PM »
I might be doing some work on there this coming Saturday if anyone is interested.  There is also the Heartland MS Open going on that day and I would rather you go to that, but if you are done there or not going, i would take any help i could get this coming Saturday 11/4.  I will be out there at 10 until i am tired and ready to go :)

Bring gloves, thick shoes/boots and if you have any hand clippers or hand saws
Scott A Reek

PDGA# 12824
KCFDC #570

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2015, 08:22:17 PM »
I'm  in ScottiEeee, if I don't do a preGBO scout trip.
I'd bring Nailer to tag-a-long but there's a'Lotta water down there.
 I wouldn't wanna listen to his whining losing all his destroyers.   ;D ;D ;D  ;)

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »
Scott I will be coming Saturday morning at 10. I can only stay for an hour and a half or two because I have a family event happening early that afternoon. I don't have any clippers but I've got gloves and maybe a small saw. Where do I go when I get to the park?
PDGA 39363

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 03:26:44 PM »
Where do I go when I get to the park?

http://goo.gl/maps/Q9MTK

Wish I could make it out Scott  :(   Family Easter out of town.  Leave a few thorns for Steeler and this Nailer guy to throw into  :o
Just Joe
West Side 4 Life!!!!

Scott A Reek

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2015, 03:55:42 PM »
We meet at Shelter 10 if you are coming at 10, otherwise call me at 9203790056 when you get there and I will let you know where and how to find me.  I have extra clippers
Scott A Reek

PDGA# 12824
KCFDC #570

Scott A Reek

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 11:23:24 AM »
I had the opportunity to walk the course again with the Johnson Parks Parks Department and as well as things are looking, I do not think May or June will be realistic for the course to be in the ground.  There are a few things the parks needs to do before they will open the course.  A lot of stumps, mowing schedule, growing grass areas and there is a walking trail going in now that might affect 1 hole and we do not want to cut that area until we know more about what we are doing. 

We do not just want the course to go in for the sake of going in, but we want to make the course is ready.

So please be patient with me, it will be in soon enough.
Scott A Reek

PDGA# 12824
KCFDC #570