General > Leagues

2014 PDGA KCFDC Sanctioned Wandering Wednesday league (official thread)

(1/25) > >>

robm:
The Spring 2014 PDGA League will be a rolling, wandering league titled Wandering Wednesdays.  Just because we are wandering, we are not lost.  (Believe it or not, a lot of thought has been put into this.)

The official PDGA 10-week portion of the league will start April 16.  This delayed start is so we can capture the last Wednesday before the Wide Open in the league format, June 18th.  I'm hoping we get some pro's out there to test the course prior to the tournament.  We’ll have two weeks of non-PDGA reporting on April 2 and 9 because I’m antsy to get going.

For the 10-week PDGA League, the fee structure will be:
KCFDC Members
With Ace Fund - $6
Without Ace Fund - $5

Non-KCFDC Members
With Ace fund - $7
Without Ace fund - $6

Fee structure for non-PDGA dates (April 2, 9) will be:
KCFDC Members
With Ace Fund - $5
Without Ace Fund - $4

Non-KCFDC Members
With Ace fund - $6
Without Ace fund - $5

The schedule will be:

April 2 – WyCo – 5:30 check in, 5:45 or earlier tees (non-PDGA date)
April 9 – WyCo – 5:30 check in, 5:45 or earlier tees (non-PDGA date)

** PDGA STARTS **
April 16 – WyCo – 5:30 check in, 5:45 tees

April 23 – Prairie Center (PC) – 5:30 check in, 5:45 tees

April 30 – Shawnee Mission Park (SMP) – 5:30 check in, 5:45 tees

May 7 – Lakeside (Olathe Birdland) – 5:45 check in, 6:00 tees

May 14 – WyCo - 5:45 check in, 6:00 tees

May 21 – PC - 5:45 check in, 6:00 tees

May 28 – SMP - 5:45 check in, 6:00 tees

June 4 – Lakeside - 5:45 check in, 6:00 tees

June 11 – Blue Valley of Kansas (south Olathe). 5:45 check in

June 18 – WyCo - 5:45 check in, 6:00 tees.  Should be set to KCWO Gold settings

The June 11 TBD will be determined after informally listening to suggestions from those that actually come to the league.  Because this is a KCFDC approved league, for various reasons it needs to remain on a KCFDC KS course.  Our choices will be:
SMP, WyCo, PC, Lakeside, Rosedale Up Top (if ok with Rosie league director), Rosedale Down Under. 

robm:
Ace fund will start at $100 thanks to the KCFDC BoD.  I appreciate the BoD providing a start up Ace fund for this KCFDC sanctioned league.

Divisions offered:
The reporting of divisions will differ for the PDGA and KCFDC.  For the payout portion (KCFDC), it will be based on standard KC league formats.  In order to have a division, 3 people or more need to be available for the least restrictive denominator per Pro or Am division

For example –
1-5 Open players – all play Open.
6+ Open players, can split into various divisions (Open, Pro Masters, Pro Women, Pro Grand Masters, etc.)

1-5 Am players – All play Advanced
6+ Am players – Can be split into various divisions (Advanced, Advanced Women, Intermediate, Rec, etc.)

Payouts will be the approved KCFDC format as shown here:

http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=9359.0

Reporting to the PDGA:
As far as reporting to the PDGA there are two benefits: first to get a rating, second to get point used for Pro and Am Worlds.  It benefits everyone, top and bottom, to be placed in the same grouping for points if the highest categories are used.  Therefore, for the PDGA reporting it will be simply Open and Advanced regardless of gender or age.

white mccoy:

--- Quote from: robm on March 21, 2014, 10:18:47 AM ---

June 4 – Lakeside - 5:45 check in, 6:00 tees

--- End quote ---

Perfect Placing of Lakeside, the Wednesday right before the KC Team Challenge!

West-Siiiiiide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robm:
Joe, I appreciate your enthusiasm.

BTW - if anyone knows for sure they will be coming to any of these, and if you wish, I will 'pre-register' you in the PDGA listing once I figure out how to do that this weekend.

jack:
Rob,

You can start a spreadsheet and upload it in the PDGA site and that will populate the people that are playing, so that would be the "pre-registered" piece.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version