Author Topic: Leagues in 2014  (Read 737 times)

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Leagues in 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »

The only problem I see with this is the separation between courses. I would imagine some of the people here go from work to the course, so they might be limited on how much time they have to get there. Say I have 10 mins to get to swope before league starts but rosie is 10 mins farther away I then can only play league twice a month on tuesday.

You could solve that with
Johnson County Mondays - Birdland/Pc/SmP
Southeast Mo Tuesdays - Legacy/Blue Springs
Wacky Wyandotte Wednesdays - Wyco/Rosie
Thurs - WW
KCMO Fridays - Swope/Cliff

The whole point is to maybe help more people to show up to ONE league, rather than spreading the number of players to 2 different courses, leaving 2 small leagues. 

Joe Hesting
West Side 4 Life!!!!

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
This would also help the Course coordinators/league directors have a break.  Only 2 leagues to run a month ;)
Joe Hesting
West Side 4 Life!!!!

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 12:27:07 PM »
I just think it'd be awesome to have a popular, centrally-located league on Friday nights during the summer. More of a party atmosphere. Maybe cook hotdogs on the grill beforehand. After league, folks could play glow or just hang out and chill since most would not have to worry about leaving right away to get to bed for work the next day. I realize it has been done that way at Wyco but that course is just so far out and so is Legacy for the westsiders.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 02:16:19 PM »
Mike, now that Wyco is moved to Wednesday, Let's push for Cliff on Fridays. 

I could help run it, maybe twice a month, if somebody else can split time with me.  My wife will not let me commit to giving all of our Fridays to Disc Golf.
Joe Hesting
West Side 4 Life!!!!

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 12:02:07 AM »
I can't run it since I work evenings and will only have a handful of Fridays off during league season. If you can swing it I say make it so, but maybe there should be a vote or poll of some sort first. I wonder what good old Ryan Westa has to say about all of this? Ryan, where are you dude?
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 10:28:16 AM »
I have come to realize that people really hate change in this town.  So we need the Jack's, Ryan's, Jose's, Ted's, and Mr. Ramirez's of the KC area to weigh in.  These are people, like myself, that actually showed up on Mondays to play Cliff.  We need some more opinions.  I am bowing out for now. If somebody would like to split time running a Cliff Friday league with me, I am game.
Joe Hesting
West Side 4 Life!!!!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »
I am traveling too much at any rate to help.  But as always I will help whomever decides to keep the league alive.  Unfortunately my time to do so has ran it's course.  That being said when I am here I will help out accordingly.  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (horrible for me), Thursday.....yeah right, someone try to run a league against WW on Thursday(chuckling, scratch that, laughing out LOUD)....or Friday.  Saturday or we tried on Sundays as well.

I don't care about the dates, I would ask that you keep BV in the mix as well though.

I am though getting ready to head out and mark some new areas to play right now if anyone wants to meet me past current #6 placement, come on out!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"