Author Topic: 3/30 Sunday Random Draw Doubles at Young  (Read 150 times)

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
3/30 Sunday Random Draw Doubles at Young
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
3/30 Sunday Random Draw Doubles at Wilbur Young -- Last one at Young for a while!!! Going to start Traveling on Sundays for a bit, next week!!! Just a few courses then back to Young for a stretch then another few weeks of field trips. anyhow here's the info for tomorrow;
$5 - all $ paid out
$1 ace fund(optional) ---$78
set up half and half for difficulty. should be a fantastic day with some wind on a few holes. hope to see a good size crowd out at good ol Wilber. any questions or what not, call or text 816*797*6764. also, don't forget about KCFDC singles league starting out here on Wednesday evening. have a good one everyone, see you tomorrow!
"do you see what happens, Larry?"

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 3/30 Sunday Random Draw Doubles at Young
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »
3/30 Sunday Random Draw Doubles at Wilbur Young -- Last one at Young for a while!!! Going to start Traveling on Sundays for a bit, next week!!! Just a few courses then back to Young for a stretch then another few weeks of field trips. anyhow here's the info for tomorrow;
$5 - all $ paid out
$1 ace fund(optional) ---$78
set up half and half for difficulty. should be a fantastic day with some wind on a few holes. hope to see a good size crowd out at good ol Wilbur. any questions or what not, call or text 816*797*6764. also, don't forget about KCFDC singles league starting out here on Wednesday evening. have a good one everyone, see you tomorrow!
going to be a fantastic windy day. i'm ready to throw some more plastic into trees, how about you?

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
14 out today, only windy on about half of the holes. still a great day to be out and throwing plastic! here is how the scores went down:
 Kelly B./Jeff W. - 52 - $38
 Jeff O./Joe H. - 54 - $22
 Jacob B./Paul B. - 57 - $10 (Jacob is Paul's son. i think he said he was 11. my apologies if i'm wrong, either way he
                                             tore it up out there! very cool to see a youngster out for league!!!)
 Pearse H./Dan C. - 58
 Steeler Doug/Kenny B. - 60
 Jason Y./Brandon Y. - 62
 Harold B./Ben W. - 65
 10 of us bought into the ace fund, but it eluded us all. sits at $88 now. A Big thank you to Harold for a sweet CTP prize Discraft water bottle, Paul B. went home with that. many thanks to all who made it out. thinking about a field trip next week. my vote is water works. either there Cliff or Legacy have to keep it somewhat close to home. i'd say p hill but i can't do that early. any thoughts?

HuskerBen

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 08:07:48 PM »
Joe, thanks for letting me in this week. I played in the group with Jacob and he was really good. Great game from him and he will be dominating KC courses in no time.

Harold, I apologize that I brought no game. I thank you for all the pointers you provided. Windy conditions are a definite weakness in my game and you gave me some things to work on. I always appreciate a round with you and regardless how a round plays out, it feels better with good tunes.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
was a pleasure having you out Ben, come back anytime! bring friends! :) it's a great way to pick up tips. just wait until you get paired up with an open player. it's a lot of fun, and all of those guys are very patient and love to help new players as well. the ones i've been on cards with anyway, haven't had the pleasure of throwing with all of them yet. glad you had a good time!