Author Topic: SPRING FEVER FLING - PDGA B Tier  (Read 497 times)

harryputter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • TeeBoxx | The Worlds First ProShop in a Boxx
SPRING FEVER FLING - PDGA B Tier
« on: April 08, 2014, 01:59:21 PM »

Spring is here and it's time to kick off one of Omaha Nebraska's most historic disc golf events! 28 years, thousands of players, and tens of thousands of man hours have made this event a permanent mark on the calendars of countless disc golfers across the midwest. As always The Fling will be held at a temporary course hand picking the best land Omaha has to offer. In the next few weeks our team will be aggressively pursuing more added cash and unique items for am player packs. So far we have $1500 added. Stay tuned for regular updates.

Tournament Director: Bill Hulbert
Phone: 402-393-6370
Email: mrbillneb@cox.net
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/296864470438402/299630030161846/?notif_t=event_mall_comment

Pre-Register Here: http://tinyurl.com/mm8h2lw
On-Location Registration: 8am - 9:15am
Players Meeting: 9:15am
Tee Time: 9:30am

In coop with the OMDGA and Discs Unlimited, TeeBoxx Disc Sports will be giving away a super cool T-shirt to all and any volunteers that are willing to help on the event. That doesn't mean you can't play, but great events are run by great people and we need your help to pull it off. Course design by Hefty Lefty & Jeremy Michael Pettis.

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
Re: SPRING FEVER FLING - PDGA B Tier
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »
Really hate I'm going to miss this tourney... I have a disc dog competition to judge and play in.. I wanted to defend my MG1 title.. Mr Bill runs a good tourney and the Hitchcock course is an awesome set up... you all have fun..
>>>------> Earth<>Wind<> Fire<>Water<------<<<

Tony Burnett aka " Dirty Bird Dog"
PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

harryputter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:35:16 AM »
Understand, a lot of things going on this weekend. There is always next year.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:54:16 AM »
I would love to see us all work better as a collective energy towards having a environment where we aren't taking possible players from the other's event.  I know it is tough, but one can dream about it can't we?

Collectively, I think that the following areas should be working together:
KC:
Des Moines
Columbia
Omaha
Topeka

Omaha:
KC
Des Moines
Topeka

Des Moines:
KC
Omaha
QC

I think that Des Moines is better positioned than the rest of us, because the IowaDG.com does a great job of keeping everyone on the collective same page in regards to scheduling.  At least from my own outside personal opinion.  I think that collectively we all as area groups should work hard to engage earlier in the season to create a good option of playing to make it work well for us all and the players.

I also kind of mean to look at the options mentioned and use that as a circle to encompass the area events inside of the circle so to speak.  I think/feel that anything within 200 miles we should be looking at in terms of how to improve the experience for the player and entice the event to be bigger and therefore more beneficial to the communities that host the event.  These three events are not going to see the activity that they should because the field is diluted.  That hurts everyone.  That makes me sad. 
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

harryputter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »

harryputter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
Jack I'm with ya my man! Lets figure out a coop and start having pre meetings for next year where we all embrace each others events! This will create better results for everyone with each event promoting the next and giving an opportunity to allow the players to attend all (much like the power of a back to back event). I think its a brilliant idea actually. We can really leverage some buzz stringing together multiple events. This is one of the problems with the dg event model as a whole IMO. Seriously, together we have mucho power. We can even solicit regional sponsors vs local, together and actually have some legit numbers to give them covering a larger geographical market. This allows for a much larger pool of sponsor potential. Please keep me in the loop on this and I think you should facilitate Jack? I'm more then willing to put some work into this idea. Call anytime, you got my number.

harryputter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
PS I'm even willing to give this process an official name and brand it for others around the country FYI. Website for TDs to sign up and get some PDGA backing on it. Think about it...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »
I had sent out a team event about a year or two ago and was hopeful that we could all talk during that event as well...:-(

But I think that we can all work towards it, I have a few people on board now.  We can make it work if we try hard and help each other on it!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

harryputter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
I think the key is to clearly communicate the benefits of such a coop. The presentation is important, and also my specialty ; ]. Seriously, lets talk soon...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:05:01 AM by harryputter »

harryputter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 11:08:02 AM »