Author Topic: Cleanest Disc Golf Course  (Read 270 times)

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Cleanest Disc Golf Course
« on: June 13, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »
 ;D
Just finished my practice round for the Jared Hilton Memorial...
This is the first disc golf course, that I have played.., and not found any trash anywhere on entire course.
Very nice looking course.
One thing I noticed when I started playing this game just over three years ago, is that disc golfers..are the littering est people I have ever seen.
Kudos for Lebanon Missouri..for having the cleanest disc golf course...maybe in the whole country.
  You boys and girls have a nice day

2Times

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Cleanest Disc Golf Course
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:43:10 PM »
Played that course for the first time last fall.  I agree...very well maintained park.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »
If every golfer picked up ONE piece of trash every rd. they played - our courses would be trash free.
I like BIG putts.

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
No joke! In the first 10 holes at P Hill I filled two grocery sacks full of trash.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »
One thing I noticed when I started playing this game just over three years ago, is that disc golfers..are the littering est people I have ever seen. 

This is a gross over simplification. It seems to me like that a small minority of players are responsible for most of the trash on the courses. I've played rounds and noticed the only trash really on the course is a couple of beer cans every few holes. This is especially annoying at courses that have trash cans. If you carried a full 12 pack of natty light onto the course surely you can carry the empties until you reach a trash can. Your mom isn't coming behind you to pick up your trash.
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
 ???  Beer bottle caps..? , and cigarette butts, ..are kinda around most every tee pad at most courses. I'm sure the people who toss those down, have yards that look the same way..
Disc golf courses are usually set in beautiful Parks on land that was donated.
We as disc golfers are stewards of this land.And should look for ways to improve it,

This is a gross over simplification. It seems to me like that a small minority of players are responsible for most of the trash on the courses. I've played rounds and noticed the only trash really on the course is a couple of beer cans every few holes. This is especially annoying at courses that have trash cans. If you carried a full 12 pack of natty light onto the course surely you can carry the empties until you reach a trash can. Your mom isn't coming behind you to pick up your trash.

D Craft

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 10:46:25 AM »
Let's not forget that many of these places have after hours patrons who tend not to be of drinking age. So, I don't think most of the garbage is actually from golfers.
Luckily the tee pad on hole 14 at Prairie Center, the vegetation has overtaken the garbage.  Some trash cans would help there.
"No matter what I do, I always feel better when I stop doing it"