Author Topic: F@ck you winter, i'm going to Florida...  (Read 303 times)

sswebber

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
F@ck you winter, i'm going to Florida...
« on: April 14, 2014, 03:05:53 PM »
My wife and I have decided to move to Orlando, Florida. I leave on the 25th April.

I want to thank everyone for their hospitality and warmth during the past two years. I turned up at Rosedale on a cold, rainy saturday morning in February 2012 and randomly played a round with GI and Slim. The first person I saw throw was Slim Belcher. He threw a ridiculous overhand that parked hole 1. We then ran into Beer League on hole 16; a mob of slightly intoxicated disc golfers on saturday morning in february, in the cold, in the rain. After this round, it was obvious I was going to have a blast playing disc golf in KC.

Since then I have had various personal highlights but the ones that really stick out include others; watching Coopers ace at Paradise Diamond last year (I won't forget how pumped he was after it slammed the chains); the Mid-West Am tournie and Frank's destruction of the courses was a pleasure to watch; EE Am's win at KCWO last year and Peter B's near 2 at Prarie Center Old Settlers Hole 13 are some that stick out.

It won't be the courses that I will miss but the community and people. When Jack went out of his way to lend me a basket after I had just arrived in the country, I knew the people here would be awesome, and it proved that way.

I leave KC with some wonderful memories and some great friends.

I may try for the City of Fountains as my last hurrah, but will have to see (I have to prepare my house for sale). If not, I will try to make it out to leagues to bid my farewells.

If ever you need a place to stay in Central Florida, hit me up and you'll have a bed and we'll throw a few holes.

Till then, so long...

samuel.webber@gmail.com

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: F@ck you winter, i'm going to Florida...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 03:25:08 PM »
Nooooo,  Don't leave us :'(

I hope you and your family have an easy transition to Florida.  It was always fun playing with you and Cork!  Take care bud, and I hope to see you on a course in the future.....on the Lead Card  ;D
Joe Hesting

AdamC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 04:07:31 PM »
Ahhh... sad to see you go Sam, was great playing with you. 

Also try not to get eaten alive by the mosquitos down there!  Just kidding.  Not really. 

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 03:41:08 PM »
Enjoy the weather man. It's been fun watching you play over the last year. We'll miss you!

:'(

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »
Enjoy the weather man. It's been fun watching you play over the last year. We'll miss you!

:'(

Yea. Go enjoy all that humidity and giant mosquitos... I'll keep my short winters. ;)
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist