Author Topic: 2014 Midwest Amateur Championships - PDGA B Tier - Kansas City - August 2/3  (Read 8966 times)

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Over half of the Midwest Amateur Championship spots have been pre registered for, courses are getting set and players packs are being put together.  Are you registered yet?
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Do you know what the pin settings will be yet for each course? 

artisan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
i heard a rumor about ob lines being painted at rosie.  Is this true? 

bMathews

• Am Poster
  • Positive is how I live
    • View Profile
Will everyone be playing the same course each day?

Or will 1/2 the field play Rosie Saturday then WW Sunday, while the other 1/2 plays vice-versa?

I will not be able to make the tournament since all my brothers will be in town, but we DO want to play some DG together.

We will probably play some of the other courses in town, especially if its muddy at all, but I was just wondering...
RHBH | 11yrs
PDGA# 59297 - 889 rated
2014 KCFDC Tag #54→182→110→6→202→39→50→39→50→169
2014 DD Tag #91→130→8→7→146→71

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
You will want to figure out where to play besides WW and Rosie on these days.  Cliff Drive will be available if you are wanting to stay in the area, and should be in pretty good shape by then as well.  The pools will be playing these courses all day on the 2nd and the 3rd.

Sorry about your luck, hope this helps.  Always good to see family though!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

bMathews

• Am Poster
  • Positive is how I live
    • View Profile
No worries Jack, I figured that would be the case. It's going to be better to just use some of the other fine courses we are so lucky to have here.
RHBH | 11yrs
PDGA# 59297 - 889 rated
2014 KCFDC Tag #54→182→110→6→202→39→50→39→50→169
2014 DD Tag #91→130→8→7→146→71

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
As of now, there are only 5 spots remaining in MA2 (Intermediate Men), 20 spots in MA3 (Recreational Men) and 2 spots in MG1 (AM Grand Masters)
Scott Reek

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I am hoping Pins will be set next week.  I will post all of the settings and hole details, such as OB once I have them in place
Scott Reek

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I have had a few players who have volunteered to help with this event.  I am also looking for a few people who are not competing in the event that would like to be part of the staff to help make this event a success.
Scott Reek

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Current Schedule of Events as of 7/13/2014

Players Pack Pick up 7/30 - 8/3 from 10-6pm at the Dynamic Discs Kansas CIty

Registration ends at Midnight CST on July 31st.

Tee Times will be posted on August 1st.

Pool A
Advanced Men
Intermediate Men

Pool B
Amateur Masters
Amateur Grand Masters
Advanced Women
Intermediate Women
Recreational Women
Recreational Men
Juniors

Pool A plays Waterworks on Saturday and Rosedale on Sunday.

Pool B play Rosedale on Saturday and Waterworks on Sunday.

All Awards will be at Rosedale on Sunday after the completion of both pools.
Scott Reek

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
The Intermediate Mens MA2 Division is officially full
Scott Reek

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Rosedale is in MAC position and Waterworks should be sometime tomorrow.  I will post the details soon such as OB, distances and Mandos
Scott Reek

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
I have a question for anyone who has ran a tournament or set one up. Why do holes have to be added and the course changed around. Waterworks is a well know course and a place people want to visit to play. Then they get here and it is a whole different layout.  I understand for pros and open players, but this is for an amateur championship.

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
I have a question for anyone who has ran a tournament or set one up. Why do holes have to be added and the course changed around. Waterworks is a well know course and a place people want to visit to play. Then they get here and it is a whole different layout.  I understand for pros and open players, but this is for an amateur championship.

It sounds like the WW layout will barely be changed at all.  4 and 5 will be combined, and 17 will play to 12's basket on the hill, that's it.  Every other hole will be at a standard setting, with the exception of the two temp holes, which are just a bonus in addition to the standard layout. 

On another note, I want to say thanks to Scott for both putting some thought into unique hole configurations for this event, and also for having Rosedale set up well in advance for the opportunity to practice.  Thanks!

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Joe - this is not a ball buster, just my thoughts...

I think the intention for the MAC is to give Ams the experience of playing in a larger tournament without paying a $100 entry fee.  Tee times for instance are never utilized for a C or B tier.  Sometimes A, but not B or C. 

With larger tournies, such as GBO, Shunga Nunga, etc., tightening up the fairways and extending them is part of the tournament experience.  Admittedly, I tend to shoot below my rating on longer holes, mandos, OB rope, etc.  However, I enjoy them more when they are utilized in a tournament.  If I want to play the normal course, I go to league or have a casual but serious round with my friends.  For tournaments, I personally want the difficulty kicked up a notch.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj