Author Topic: 2014 Midwest Amateur Championships - PDGA B Tier - Kansas City - August 2/3  (Read 8832 times)

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
I know how well I shot. That's not the problem. If you have an issue with me then say something. Don't wait til the scores and payouts have been posted and decide to talk to the TD. Dont throw out my rounds and preparations because I placed ahead of you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:46:22 AM by Utz »
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Utz I hope there more than one person that saw your caddy drink or some kind of proof??
Calm down, this is just for fun.

artisan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
I know how well I shot. That's not the problem. If you have an issue with me then say something. Don't throw out my rounds and preparations because I placed ahead of you.

do you know who told on you?  maybe you didn't place ahead of them.  Maybe they just don't like you. 

artisan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
anyway, thanks to DD for another great tournament and congrats to all those that won, did well or had fun. 

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks to Scott Reek and DDKC for putting on a great tourney, and thanks to all the volunteer staff and spotters as well.  I'm sure running a tourney with almost 300 people at two courses with rain delays was a real challenge, but you guys did a great job creating a tournament with a professional atmosphere.  I had a great time and the players pack was great, so thanks again for all your hard work. 

stevet

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
I can't imagine how frustrated you must be Utz.  Unless your caddy was being loud or obnoxious the person who ratted on you is a tool. 

From a TD perspective they have to apply the rules consistently.  They can't take into account how much a person does for their local club, or for their local course, etc.  So when the rat confronted them about the issue they had no choice.  I am pointing this out just because it's important to understand where  to channel your frustration.   I don't think it should be directed at the great event that was put on.

Sorry again buddy and good shooting this weekend.

artisan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
What are the rules if a player misses his tee time?  Can he rejoin his card mid round after he missed that tee time?  I think this happened today.

artisan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
can Utz appeal his round?  if an accusation is made, is there a burden of proof?

SteelerDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
fyi loomis you might want to be a little more friendly when giving your instructions for the round at ww today,sounds like you got a big head for no reason

I concur.  He talked with authority and we had to confirm it both verbally and in writing.  I've never been so "put on the spot" before the round.

An most unusual way to address all the rules and regulations.   We felt like we were in elementary school and didn't know the rules?  Really?  Come on Loomis.

Still, you "were" the Power To Be today, we had to respect you, nod our heads, "Yes Sir" and "No Sir", and sign next to our names acknowledging that we understood what was being "told" to us.

Always a first ...

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
What are the rules if a player misses his tee time?  Can he rejoin his card mid round after he missed that tee time?  I think this happened today.

If a player misses his tee time he can rejoin the card at any time.  However, the player will receive a score of par+4 on every hole that they miss.  Once everyone on the card has driven and is walking off the teepad, the late player cannot join the card until the next hole.

Zier

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Utz I hope there more than one person that saw your caddy drink or some kind of proof??

I couldn't agree more Aaron. I saw his final scores posted with no disqualifications immediately after the round. I hope they found some other witnesses. I can't believe somebody would do that, it's a sport. While it is more "serious" in tournaments you should own calling somebody on the rules and do it to their face, or give a warning. It's more about courtesy than anything in this instance.

Nice shooting this weekend Utz.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
I am sure the unfortunate utzident has been forwarded to the pdga disciplinary committee and greg can expect a response in the next 6 months. if his caddy remains anonymous the professional disc golf caddy association will remain in the dark. congrats to bob ward for his great rounds! also I hope that chris claring will move up to open soon.
espouse elucidation

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I want to take this time to thank everyone who was a part of the 2014 Midwest Amateur Championships.  Overall I think it was very successful and as always, I walked away from the event with notes that I am already looking at for the future events.  There were a lot of people who made this possible and i truly appreciate all of them.  If anyone has  suggestion on how to improve the event, please PM or email me at scott@dynamicdiscs.com, I cant make it better if i don't know that it is a problem.

This was a first for me running tee times and the flip flop format (not sure that is what it is called, but it sounds catchy) and i did like both very much, i aleady know of a few tweaks for next year to make it run even smoother.

Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Utzident... That awesome.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Tournament flyer didn't say anything about being a dick. And who are you artisan?

That's not being a dick, that is playing by the rules, you and your caddy follow the same rules.  Even if they told you your caddy was drinking, you would still be DQ'd automatically.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CADDY. (PERIOD)  They can drink as an observer, as a caddy, they can't.  UTZ you have no ONE but your caddy to be mad at, seriously.

As for Loomis comments, I have already addressed them, I have never be as embarrassed about disc golf in Kansas City as I was on Sunday listening to him spew misinformation about the rules.  I have never ever in my 30+ years of playing ever heard someone go off on their own agenda with no consideration for the actual rules of play.  I know that Scott and DD have addressed it, and I talked with them about it directly.

That being said, trying to squeeze us on the course out of the rain was tough, and some errors are to be expected.  Tee times on the PDGA site can also be expected, find out your tee time from the TD, they were all correctly posted at the Players Party on Saturday night.  You didn't go?  Did someone you know go?  They posted them with google docs as well with the correct time, bottom line, information needs to be on you to know your time, or have a good idea.  It was known approximate times for all divisions, so you should have known that reading the same time with the same people wasn't correct.  It isn't the first time that has happened, and probably won't be the last.  Be sure to work with the staff, and other players to ensure you know the time.

It was a fun event in many respects, and something that I am sure they will learn and improve on as it continues to move forward.

I thank not only the staff and the helpers, but the work that was done way in advance by Scott to make it a success, even with the hiccups.  Overall, it is never easy to appease everyone, and this was clearly the case, but attempting to put on this event is something that others haven't done, and congrats and most importantly thank you!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"