Author Topic: 2014 Midwest Amateur Championships - PDGA B Tier - Kansas City - August 2/3  (Read 8526 times)

Zier

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Since I did make a couple negative comments I will say that I had a blast at the MAC. This was my first tournament, and I enjoyed playing with tee times and and against people who were slightly better than me but competitive. Everybody was really great to play with and friendly, even when I was self-destructing on the back nine Sunday afternoon (worst nine holes of my life).

spnachio

I'll give Loomis some credit. He pronounced my last name. And as far as Utz getting DQ: whoever called him on that back door is Chickensh1t.

Tournament was fun, guys I played with were cool, and I'm sure all learned a bit.

Any pros that played this are dbags

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Dirtbags ! Really.
Team Ls Discs

gleauzzzinier

• Am Poster
  • please stop talking while people are throwing
    • View Profile

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
survey says really
espouse elucidation

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
 :-[  Advanced players got screwed..That Guy was a pro who won.
He should not been allowed to enter.
It doesn't make sense that he was even allowed to sign up.
Ratings were his Pro rating..
This was so wrong..what a bunch of crap.

MK

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
So this was my first tournament...  Loomis didn't bother me at WW.  He did say to our group that lost discs were to be played as oob which confused me.  Wasn't an issue with our group.  On the other hand I saw a player throwing from oob on 17...  But in a group ahead of me.  On Sunday I kept having to correct a player's score on my card, which was more annoying than the rain.  I thought Scott and all the volunteers did a great job making this a fun first tournament experience.  I was more annoyed by other players and the shenanigans they were up than by anything Loomis said. 

Anyway thanks to Scott and DD and all the folks that worked hard to make this a good time!

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
For the record, as far as Smoking, If its legal in the parks, and its not a DG Major. No TD can put a smoking ban on an event, cause "They don't like smoking".

As I was out there spectating and getting all the spotters Subway for lunch, I overheard the progression of Loomis' speeches, as each group assented to hole 1. I kept thinking to myself, Is this a F_cking joke!!!! I didn't play and I was offended at the remark he was making to players, Before, as, and after they threw.

Jack nailed it on the head with the "Had his own agenda" remark... "Hey, Everybody look at me, I have a little power!! I shall treat this power like 79.4% of police and abuse it!"  ;D

If I was playing and had to listen to that "holier than thou" debauchery, as I entered my tee time. He would have been challenged and pretty much told where to go...I would light 2 cigarette in his face, Than kicked his Soda over as I walked down the fairway...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Don't be pissed at the Pro's that played, UNDER THE RULES.   

Your issue is with the RULES, of the PDGA.
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
What a bunch of cry baby's ! Learn the rules before you open your mouths and spew out a bunch of stupid !
Team Ls Discs

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
:-[  Advanced players got screwed..That Guy was a pro who won.
He should not been allowed to enter.
It doesn't make sense that he was even allowed to sign up.
Ratings were his Pro rating..
This was so wrong..what a bunch of crap.
[/quot

Can you please enlighten us on this new ratings system  @
Team Ls Discs

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
maybe next year call it the Midwest Challenge, allowing lower rated pros to keep a shred of pride as they battle the up and coming ams. also there should an analysis of the ratings criteria for eligi-Billy-Tee to play the event.
espouse elucidation

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
See ya at the RAC !
Team Ls Discs

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
To be fair, Chris is a Pro Master. This is a far stretch from saying he is a "pro". Many Pro Masters are just Adv Men who got old enough to play for cash and not worry about young punks with good knees and big arms. Hell, I can be considered a pro, when in all honesty I'm just a decent AM, with no real division I can play in.

Fun Fact: Chris is best known for being able to chug a gallon of milk every morning before his rounds.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist