Author Topic: Wide Open Prep workdays for Wyco  (Read 648 times)

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Wide Open Prep workdays for Wyco
« on: May 04, 2014, 09:39:52 PM »
With the Wide Open coming to the fabulous course at Wyandotte county park, we're looking to hold a workday to get a few items of course work done.  Mainly the following:

1) Clear dead wood from the course and woods, where in play.
2) Re-stain the tee signs.
3) Spray Poison Ivy throughout the course.
4) Fill to grade. the front of several tee pads
5) other ideas?

The above are basically in order of priority.  The more we have out helping to get Wyco ready to shine for the Wide Open, then better. Saturday the 24th is looking best for my schedule.  What about all the Wyco supporters? 

We will for certain be working on the weekend of June 14/15, prior to the KCWO to paint street OBs, place temporary OB flags and install new Flags/poles. In addition to final course tuning.  I will also be looking for help each evening during the week prior to the WO to put out the event OB rope and string.

But let me know what you all think about May 24th for the general prep workday.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Wide Open Prep workdays for Wyco
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:27:32 AM »
I am on the hunt for replacement flags. I should get you some before you work day. Thanks for everything you do out there Tracy.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:49:01 AM »
I'll be on the course by 9:00am this Saturday, May 24th.  I know it's a holiday weekend, but if you have a few hours to donate to the betterment of the course, please come to Wyco and make a difference.

Hope to see you there.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »
Replacement flags will be in today. Come by and get them when you are ready.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 08:40:45 AM »
I'd like to hold off putting up the new flags 'til closer to the WO. I'll leave that up to John P-3 to do at his convenience.  Anyway, thanks for getting the new flags, Dick.  John or myself will be by to pick them up when one of us can.

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 04:57:08 PM »
John framed up the areas in front of tee pad on 3.  The park dept. has given us a bunch of crushed asphalt, at shelter J lot, to use as filler, but we need someone with a truck. The remainder of the crushed asphalt has been located near the baseball fields and will need to be transported to where ever we need it.  If you have a truck and can help on Saturday afternoon and/or Sunday evening for a couple hours, please let me know.    Wyco REALLY needs some people to step up and help here. There's plenty of filler to move to deal with the erosion issues Wyco has around the tee areas. Make an impact, give back to the course you enjoy.

Also, a reminder that we'll continue with course prep work on the weekend of the 14th and 15th.  Time for all hands on deck!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:59:46 AM by Tracy »

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 07:40:04 PM »
John managed to get the framed up front of 3 filled with crushed asphalt.  I came by this afternoon with a wheelbarrow and spread more in front of the bench there.  There are plenty more to holes do. If you have a truck and are willing to some hard labor, please let me know.  This isn't the highest priority for getting Wyco ready for the WO, but it is a nice to have.

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »
1)  General course cleanup: when - on going
--- Put downed branches in piles by the roads
--- Pick up trash seen anywhere
2)  [done] Paint OB on roads: when - Friday 13th evening.
3)  [done] Mow ring and paint 10m circles:  when - Saturday 14th (thank you John Park)
3a) [done] Repaint 10m circle after leaf blowing grass clippings from P&R scalping: when - Wednesday 18th
4)  [done] Move all pins to tourney locations: when - Sunday 15th
5)  [done] Paint added OB so it's marked for practice rounds: when - Sunday 15th
5b) [redo] repaint added OB after brush hogs pass over it: when - Wednesday 18th, Thursday 19th
6)  Clean out area near #17 basket
7)  [done] Rope up added OB for holes 2, 9, 10 and 13 as P&R completes mowing: when - Weekday evenings 17th-18th
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:45:22 PM by Tracy »

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 07:41:44 PM »
WOW. Course looks great!
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
WOW. Course looks great!

Indeed!  Kudos to Team Tracy...and the aliens that formed all those crop circles around the greens!!
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!