Author Topic: 10th Annual Disc Golf Day is May 31, 2014 at Swope Park  (Read 429 times)

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
10th Annual Disc Golf Day is May 31, 2014 at Swope Park
« on: May 09, 2014, 05:26:21 PM »
Attention Kansas City area disc golfers: Mark your calendars for the 10th Annual Kansas City Disc Golf Day on Saturday, May 31 at Swope Park from 10am to 3pm. Disc Golf Day is about celebrating disc golf in Kansas City with new and old friends by enjoying food and drink and playing golf and other games. Once again, DGD will be a fundraiser for the Kansas City Wide Open. Disc Golf Day is also a wonderful opportunity to introduce new people to the joys of disc golf.

For $20, players receive a commemorative disc and tee shirt, lunch, and a chance to win an Innova Sport Model DISCatcher or other prizes. The Kansas City Flying Disc Club will be providing the barbecue, some sides, and beverages. Everyone is invited to bring other sides, chips, and desserts to share.

The main prizes—the  Sport Model and an Innova Mini Target—will be given away in a drawing at the end of the day. To be eligible for prizes, a player must be a Disc Golf Day participant and play a round of disc golf at Swope that day. In addition to golfing and eating and celebrating, there will be Mini Golf, KC Hole 'Em, and a disc dog demo for further entertainment.

The Schedule
All Day: Pick up your individual scorecard, form your group, and play a round. Turn in your scorecard by 2:55 pm for a chance to win an Innova Traveler and other prizes.
Noon–2pm: BBQ Lunch. Feel free to bring sides, chips, desserts, etc. Beverages provided by the KCFDC.
1pm-3pm: KC Hold ‘Em, Mini Golf
2:15 pm: Frisbee Dog Demo with Joe Hesting and Tony Burnett
3pm: Drawing for Prizes.

Here's a link to download a entry form: http://kcfdc.org/docs/dgd14.pdf. You can pre-register at either Dynamic Discs or Disc Golf World…or just show up the day of the event.

For more information, contact Event Director Mike Petrin at 620.481.6206
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 10th Annual Disc Golf Day is May 31, 2014 at Swope Park
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:32:12 PM »
So folks. Looking for something to do on Saturday May 31st? Come one, come all to Swope between 9 and 3. There's lots of good times waiting to be had, and in addition to the entertainment, Chris Parker BBQ, prizes, beverages, mini golf, Swope- Gully golf, it's also a fundraiser for the KC Wide Open!
Bump!  :)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
Great job KCFDC volunteers.  Thanks to all that helped out and provided such a fun day.  Met several newer players and saw a ton of families out. Great food, great games,  and the event ran smoothly.   Looking forward to next summer when my daughter is older and can walk with me. 

Course looked amazing as well.  I have heard that there is a new fella with a ton of energy out there named Patrick Smith cleaning up the OB gulleys, building the awning at the clubhouse etc, and being a general bad ass. i wish i could have thanked you for all of your hard work and giving back.

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:01:56 PM »
Hey all what an amazing day and wow not too bad for my 1st event. I could not have done without all the help I had thank you all.
Don't bug me, I'm trying to putt

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 10:15:13 PM »
It was as amazing day Mike. The weather, like the Barbecue, was fantastic. You had lots of GREAT help and a big thanks to each and every one of them. We missed some who think "I'm not in the US" is a perfectly fine excuse for not being there, but I guess I can't blame 'em.

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »
It was as amazing day Mike. The weather, like the Barbecue, was fantastic. You had lots of GREAT help and a big thanks to each and every one of them. We missed some who think "I'm not in the US" is a perfectly fine excuse for not being there, but I guess I can't blame 'em.

*NICE!!!!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
I'm rather disappointed I was unable to attend due to my employer forcing me to work. This is the first KC disc golf day/ World's Biggest event I have missed since it's inception.  :'(
Steven Disc Glover