Author Topic: Homie league  (Read 24973 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Homie league
« on: November 12, 2006, 08:54:24 AM »
Due to extenuating circumstances I have been unable to host homie for a couple weeks. To those who have shown up to play, I apologize for my absence. Next Sunday at Rosedale Down Under I will host the next league. That will be Nov. 19th @ 9am Sunday morning. I hope to have a big enough turnout that it will be a doubles league so this is a call to arms for those willing to share a piece of the pot with someone thay have never played with before. So to those too scared to play because the pros have been there, fear not so we can have a good turnout. I hope to see at least 10 players.
Thanks for anyone interested showing up.
Steven Disc Glover

Greenwood17921

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Homie league
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:59:01 AM »
Is this every Sunday at Down Under @ 9AM?  I may be in town the weekend of Sunday, December 17th.  If I am, and I know where this is, I'll be there.....to take some cash back to DSM. ;D :o

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 05:05:27 PM »
no, the time is usually pretty consistent but the place varies.  Hopefully, someone will continue to post the Homie location weekly, since they seem to want more pigeons.  You might also check out the Chip Chuckers, but if you take the prize in either you've  gotta commit to being back the following week.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 06:08:33 PM »
I once again apologize for not attending the homie league. I hope everyone will certainly understand since I have been having to help care for my ailing father for awhile. On Saturday Nov. 25th, he passed away. He was 78 years old and fought like a trooper. He was found to have Parkinsons Disease about 4 years ago. Last month he fell and broke his hip and that was when we discovered his airway was not closing properly due to the disease. The lack of airway closure brought on pneumonia and from there it was downhill for him. Since my assistance is no longer needed to care for him I will once again be back to donate, I mean play at homie. No matter what the elements, I am calling Rosedale Down Under to be the place it will be played, this Sunday  at 9am. Maybe I can actually get rid of that damn doll. Lets see how many people will show so we can hopefully have enough people to challenge this to be a doubles event.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:52:25 AM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 08:50:39 PM »
Steve, sorry to hear of your loss.  My condolences.   

steve
Bluebird ROCKS!

Greenwood17921

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 08:51:48 AM »
I am also sorry for your loss.

For those that don't know me, I went to HS in KC at PHHS (before there were two of them).  So, I'm there occasionally, since my parents still live there. 

Anyway, I'll be checking to see where the location will be the weekend of the 17th.

I also noticed that on the home page of KCFDC under the leagues page there is a Saturday league mentioned at Down Under at noon, (I think).  Is that still going on? 

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 09:04:47 AM »
I also noticed that on the home page of KCFDC under the leagues page there is a Saturday league mentioned at Down Under at noon, (I think).  Is that still going on? 

Yes....
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Greenwood17921

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 10:05:50 AM »
sweet, probably a better chance I'll make that one......what's the turnout like?

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 11:22:52 AM »
I wish to thank everyone sending thier condolences.
Steve Glover
Steven Disc Glover

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 11:28:35 AM »
sweet, probably a better chance I'll make that one......what's the turnout like?
the DU league is actually 1230, but who's counting?  Olathe winter league is also Saturdays, at 11.
I can't speak to turnout of either one this year.
Bluebird ROCKS!

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 04:41:01 PM »
How do you guys play Homie Doubles?  Does it just become $2/hole per team? 
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 05:29:32 PM »
Anybody care to start back into playing Homey???

Yea, I have the ONE AND ONLY HOMEY!!!
The only reasonable way I see me playing along with a caliber  of Arturo is to have enough for doubles. So C'MON PEOPLE.
LETS START OFF THE SPRING WITH A SPRING FLING FEVER FROM DOWN UNDER AT ROSEDALE DISC GOLF COURSE.

ON SUNDAY APRIL 22 HOMEY WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE AND BE UP FOR GRABS!!

BRING YOUR GEORGE WASHINGTONS..

$5 BEST OVERAL SCORE TOO.

20 HOLES PLAYED

I may otherwise relinquesh Homey to Arturo for the open players to fight for.

If this needs to be reposted, let me know.
Steven Disc Glover

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 04:46:10 PM »
Back by poular demand!!!
The one and only Homie round at Rosedale Downunder.
Round starts at 9am on Sunday.
Have enough dollar bills for 20 holes.
$5 for best score.
Distractions after the drives are highly encouraged (especially nudity of women)
Homie will be there in its original state with his girl Barbie.
EVERYONE is welcome.
I will decide whether it will be doubles or not right before we start.
Pass the word
Steven Disc Glover

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »
Not many posts on here?? I finally rid myself if the dreaded Homer doll and in the process pulled in 8 skins. Bobby shot -8 with no skins   :D. Arturo was vying to take home Homer but Steve Dresser never pulled out of last after his 6. We had 6 bold players risking life and limb in the mud. Buckle hit 4 long puts in a row but he went home empty handed too and finished -5. Mike Lockwood's wallet was never refilled with cash either as he shot -3. I cashed in with timely drives and putts to pull in my eight skins winning 4 of them with a straight sliding shot on 18 leaving me 4' from the pin for the bird.I finished with 2 up. Artoro was not his normal self as he only shot 3up but cashed in with 8 timely skins. Dresser took home 4skins and the dolls. HASTA LA VISTA SENOR HOMER.
I want to thank all the guys that showed up to donate their money. Its always fun no matter where you finish cause you get to play with THE TOP PLAYER IN KANSAS CITY~~~~ARTURO

Steve Dresser has called the next Homie sighting to be next Sunday at 9am at Waterworks.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:10:13 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

Mantis

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 09:51:43 PM »
thank god the dreaded homie doll has done to damian(bull).  he has called the next homie at cliff drive on the 30th ... since the wide open is next  weekend.... good luck ........
Steve Dresser
816-914-9395
IN MEMORY OF MY FALLEN BROTHERS... THE MOST RECENT SGT. BRANTLEY THANK A SOLDIER SINCE YOU CAN PLAY DISC BECAUSE OF THEIR SACRIFICES