Author Topic: Mid-America Open Columbia MO  (Read 507 times)

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Mid-America Open Columbia MO
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:39:46 PM »
Adam Johnson

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-America Open Columbia MO
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:48:07 PM »
Matt Perry and I were talking about going down because he's still renting a place there, but I won't be able to go. Good times will be missed :(

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »
Jack and I are going.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:40:02 PM »
G$ is going, I think that Marc "wizzinator" is going as well.  This is my gift to Dick Parker for running a great Wide Open.  I think he did a great job, and it works nicely that after watching people play all last weekend, he can get to play this weekend.  I of course hope to beat his punk broken wrecked car excuse of a player ass, but hey, I suck as well, so who knows!

Good times, and it is the 30th.  I hope to start off the Dodgebee revolution as well!  http://www.dodgebee.com/
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

artisan

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »
dodgebee looks fun jack!

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 04:09:53 PM »
They played it in Japan, and boy it was CRAZY!  I think that I want to test run it at MAO this weekend and see if we can get it for LDO.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »
How was the Dodgebee?
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »
Storm was obviously coming in, so I didn't set it up.  After playing in the rain, and the rain delay.....I went up and had some of the dinner they provided (great food BTW) and went to hotel took a shower, went out to eat in the dryness of the restaurant.

Dodgebee wasn't orchestrated at this time....however I hope to have it ready to go for the LDO.

Courses were in some pretty good shape out there for the most part.  Obviously very hot.  People were great, my play was atrocious.  I think I know how to play this game....but it doesn't show.  I also think that I have something wrong in my right shoulder, so I may be taking off playing time for the month of July and focus on getting Cliff Ready for the LDO.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »
I also think that I have something wrong in my right shoulder, so I may be taking off playing time for the month of July and focus on getting Cliff Ready for the LDO.

You are going to need the time.  Matt Crowe and I played Cliff yesterday.  Course was looking rough, lots of over growth.  Plus another burned up car in between holes 8 and 9.  And tons of trash all over especially on hole 17.  In fact, Matt and I could barely play 17 as local neighbors were hanging out above the basket throwing the empty cans and 12 pack boxes right at the basket as we were coming up to finish.  No respect for the park. 

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 10:27:24 AM »
I also think that I have something wrong in my right shoulder, so I may be taking off playing time for the month of July and focus on getting Cliff Ready for the LDO.

You are going to need the time.  Matt Crowe and I played Cliff yesterday.  Course was looking rough, lots of over growth.  Plus another burned up car in between holes 8 and 9.  And tons of trash all over especially on hole 17.  In fact, Matt and I could barely play 17 as local neighbors were hanging out above the basket throwing the empty cans and 12 pack boxes right at the basket as we were coming up to finish.  No respect for the park. 

I was out there yesterday morning for the local News vans, spectators, drowned body, burned up Cars, trash throwing.  Most beautiful park in the city, and the F@$^ing locals treat it like sh1t.   >:(    (Not all locals of coarse)

Can the city add some cameras out there or something to maybe deter some of this crap.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:34:19 AM by white mccoy »
Joe Hesting
West Side 4 Life!!!!

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 10:31:42 AM »
Ugh.  I haven't been out there, and obviously course coordinator Matt eklund hasn't done much either. 

When I get back from Iowa this weekend I will start to dive into the course again.

The rain while I was away from Japan I am sure has made it even bigger out there.  I will probably install my own cameras in all honesty out there in the woods.

I know on #17 they were working on a new pipe to help the sewers, so it is all messed up, so next week we may have to alter the course and play a few different holes, or at least skip #17, and play from #17 pad to #18 basket, and then play the Hanger on #8.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »
Bring a chainsaw. Tree down on 3's pad. The old awesome stump on 6 finally broke off into fairway. Another tree down on 7. I wish I could be out Monday, but my wife will be outta town, so I got baby duty.
Joe Hesting
West Side 4 Life!!!!

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 01:18:17 PM »
Thanks Joe for the heads up.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-