Author Topic: PC Unplayable on Sunday  (Read 396 times)

D Craft

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
PC Unplayable on Sunday
« on: June 30, 2014, 08:49:30 AM »
Went to PC this Sunday to play a nice hot round of golf around 4 with some friends.  Was having a good day until we got to hole 11.  There were about 50 people camped out on the course with kids running around and even someone sitting on the box. We proceeded to ask them to move so we could play through them.  With the exception of the little kids playing with the basket chains, they moved out of the way.  But I was not going to throw anywhere near the basket for fear of hitting someone.

Everyone was there for two adult men's soccer matches.

Then we got to hole 12. Same thing.  We again asked them to move so we don't hit them and mostly they just stared at us.  One guy who was a player came up to us and asked what the big deal was and why don't we just skip the hole since we have 100 other holes to play. He also asked if we had money on the game and since we didn't we should just move along.

Had he not been surrounded with 4 soccer teams and their families it could have gotten ugly.  It was starting to with the insulting nature of the player.

SOMETHING needs to be done.  We were not playing on their soccer field.  They need to respect our playing field just as much.  I was told this is a week issue.  I was not happy and very frustrated for the rest of the round.

We basically lose 2 holes every weekend.  What do we do?
"No matter what I do, I always feel better when I stop doing it"

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Re: PC Unplayable on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
If that's the way they wanna play, let's setup a DDC court or Accuracy target on their turf just before their next match. Don't forget the BBQ smoker  :o
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »
Went to PC this Sunday to play a nice hot round of golf around 4 with some friends.  Was having a good day until we got to hole 11.  There were about 50 people camped out on the course with kids running around and even someone sitting on the box. We proceeded to ask them to move so we could play through them.  With the exception of the little kids playing with the basket chains, they moved out of the way.  But I was not going to throw anywhere near the basket for fear of hitting someone.

Everyone was there for two adult men's soccer matches.

Then we got to hole 12. Same thing.  We again asked them to move so we don't hit them and mostly they just stared at us.  One guy who was a player came up to us and asked what the big deal was and why don't we just skip the hole since we have 100 other holes to play. He also asked if we had money on the game and since we didn't we should just move along.

Had he not been surrounded with 4 soccer teams and their families it could have gotten ugly.  It was starting to with the insulting nature of the player.

SOMETHING needs to be done.  We were not playing on their soccer field.  They need to respect our playing field just as much.  I was told this is a week issue.  I was not happy and very frustrated for the rest of the round.

We basically lose 2 holes every weekend.  What do we do?

Find an INS agent or two and bring them out with ya.... >:(

spnachio

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 10:01:18 AM »
I would like to see something done about this.  Should we contact police or PnR?  I already think fagball is lame but when a bunch of meatheads bring their ugly women and all their fat kids and sit right in the way, I'm done with it.  We asked nicely multiple times.  I enjoy playing PC and think that there is plenty of room for both

D Craft

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
Looking at the Olathe Parks & Rec site, there is NO Adult soccer league anywhere.  I wonder if they reserved the fields or just show up?  They looked rather organized but who knows.  Maybe We should just Call Parks & Rec to see if they are even supposed to be there.
"No matter what I do, I always feel better when I stop doing it"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 04:48:25 PM »
It is a multi-use park.  Some weekends, you will have that other part taking over.  Just as we look as a group to reserve the courses, and work with P&R, I am sure that the soccer teams do the same as well.

Be mindful, and don't get in an argument over the fact that it impacted a few holes.  Let it go.  Ask once and take the high road.  We give in terms of sweat and blood on the courses.  Most of these "fagball" types pay hard earned cash to get out for the weekend and play.  It is their right to do so as well within the park. 

Are they being gracious hosts?  Absolutely not, destroying property though is an offense that should be notated, and discussed.

If we paid to play on the parks we would have more ammunition, but realistically, especially with a new course down the street, don't get angry, go be happy that countless people helped to put in a new course that won't have those concerns close by. 

That is a large park with a big revenue stream from soccer, and ball fields, we are the little man on the totem pole.  The Chief may not have spoken  on the issue out there, but lets be better than those we need to interact with.

I for one appreciate your restraint for all of the disc golfers out here, many wouldn't have handled it as well as you did.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"