Author Topic: Disc Thief  (Read 391 times)

tpotsasa

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Disc Thief
« on: July 10, 2014, 04:50:41 PM »
Just an FYI. My buddy was playing yesterday at Legacy Park and had one of his orange Valkyrie stolen. My buddy threw it and saw someone pick it up. He walked up to the guy and the guy denied picking it up. My buddy then asked if he could see the orange disc and the guy ran off to his car. By the way he drives a blue Civic.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Disc Thief
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:21:05 PM »
was it a DX Valk with no name between 18 & 1 by chance? if so, i picked that up during league last night in some deep rough and that guy might be off the hook. again, it has no name and number so i couldn't call anyone.
"do you see what happens, Larry?"

tpotsasa

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:37:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply. You have to bear with me, what is DX? That would be awesome if you have it, though that is strange behavior from that other guy if he did not have it. I will see where he lost it in the course and reply back. Thanks again.

tpotsasa

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 09:09:01 AM »
It looked similar to the one in this link: http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/distance-drivers/speed-9/valkyrie.html

And in researching the DX it looks like it is just the type of plastic Innova uses. I am not sure what markings identify the DX on the disc.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »
DX is a type of plastic, it is Innova's "base" line. they generally have the neat pics of the animals or mythological creatures they are named after on them. if it looks like the one that is in the main pic in the link, it is not your friends disc, and i'm sorry he got ripped off. major bummer. wish i could have helped.
"do you see what happens, Larry?"

tpotsasa

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »
Sorry, I should have checked the link. This is what it looks like: http://www.innovadiscs.com/images/discs/valkyrie/08_DX_Valkyrie.jpg

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »
That is a DX Valkyrie.  And that night after we were done a couple of guys had to get to a softball game so they were high tailing it out there as they were already late.  They might drive a civic, I can't remember.  My guess this is probably who you thought "stole" your disc".  I would guess that the disc that Joe has is the disc you are looking for.  For future reference, you might have your friend mark it with his name and number.  They often will make it home.   
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:17:12 PM by eeastwood »

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »
Yep. I had my name and number on my disc I lost at Wilbur Young 2 weeks age and got it back because they called. Mark your discs.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

tpotsasa

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 12:37:23 PM »
Good idea, thanks guys

tpotsasa

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 03:08:30 PM »
Looks like my buddy was mistaken. He did not get it stolen and he got it back. Thanks for the help guys. BTW: me and my group of frisbee gold friends have put our contact info on our discs.